Follow

Wasp

Character » Wasp appears in 3558 issues.

Genetically altered by Ant-Man (Henry Pym), Janet Van Dyne gained the ability to alter her size, fly at rapid speeds, and fire bio-electric energy "stings". Calling herself "Wasp", she became Pym's superhero partner. Later, she became a founding member and the first female member of the Avengers.

Is she dead or possibly alive?

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Legacy_
    She was among the Mighty Avengers who were fighting heroes from the Skrull ship. She is later seen with the rest of the Avengers heading to New York to confront the Skrulls. Whilst fighting the skrulls, it is revealed the true purpose of the serum that the skrull Hank Pym gave her. After Queen Veranke is shot and killed, Skrull Pym hits a button that begins to make Jan increase in size. Rapidly. She realizes the particles Pym gave her in Mighty Avengers #7 are turning her into a bio-bomb. Jan's seen growing huge, emitting a black-purple matter, and about to blow. Janet tries to flee the battlefield and take as many Skrulls with her, but unfortunately in order to save the humans, Thor teleports her to another dimension, vowing to avenge her.
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

I think i heard Pym say that some sort of anti-pym particles were used in the bio bomb...so it leaves a possibility for another realm rescue operation. So yeah, I believe she's alive.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Thor got rid of her exploding body the same way Ultimate Thor disposed of a giant bomb in "The Ultimates", which was sad because such a meaningful death should have been given a unique approach. Ah, well...

To answer your question though, come on...of COURSE she's "possibly alive". It's comics! After both Bucky and Jason Todd simultaniously came back to life, I threw-up my arms and went "OK, the rule has officially been broken. Where's Uncle Ben?!" So yeah, Wasp I'm sure will return when the time calls for it. When that'll be is anyone's guess, though.

Maybe when the world is again in dire need of a wealthy, fashion-designing socialite superhero/domestic victim?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.