Follow

War Machine

Character » War Machine appears in 1572 issues.

War Machine is a superhero originating from Marvel Comics. James "Rhodey" Rhodes is Tony Stark's personal pilot and one of the playboy's oldest friends. Rhodes also known as Rhodey has often donned the Iron Man mantle when the burden has been too much for his friend, but has also established his own identity as the War Machine and Iron Patriot.

Who's Deteling Pics?!

Jonny Ruckus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jonny Ruckus

WTF. Someone came in and deleted a shit ton of the images I put in! Why'd that happen?!

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Copy

I DID YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT jk lol no i didn't

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

It might be becuase of the quality of the pictures.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

What kind of images? Scans of whole pages are not allowed, maybe that's why?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I removed duplicate pics, pics of (relatively) low quality that didn't depict anything that wasn't already in the gallery, pics with excessive illegibly small texted word balloonage, pics of video game screens where you couldn't even see War Machine, a picture of someone's desktop, full page scans etc.

The pic that was set as the default, the new War Machine (which also appeared again lower on the page) was posted 3 times in 2 different galleries. I couldn't figure out which was the one loaded on the main page so I made my best bet. If you want the new armor pic set to the default, it'd be best to have a different pic below on the main page. The galleries looked like a mess so I was trying to clean them up, if there's a pic you MUST have in the gallery that was removed, resubmit it but try and keep in mind quality over quantity and you want this page to look as good as possible and least like an angelfire/homestead/tripod/geocities fansite.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crazy spidey

Maybe its god

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

crazy spidey says:

"Maybe its god"

Nope, I've been busy lately.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

I have to say that I agree that a lot of the galleries get so...cluttered. Personally, I don't really like the images that have part of a word balloon. It's like you're coming in mid-conversation and have no idea what's going on. It is an "image" gallery. We know I've mentioned before that full page scans are not allowed. Images that have web addresses on them just look tacky. If you find one that has an address (or watermarked "marvel.com") just crop it out. Gambit is a good example of how bad a gallery can go. I'd rather look at a gallery with five great pics than one with fifty crap ones. You don't need to search and upload every single panel of a character that you can find. I'm not saying that was the case with War Machine but just in general.

I'm also really not a fan of the fan "art." Some, I would barely even consider art. I do allow some to go through since this a place for all of us. I would just hope that if someone really digs a character, they'd want them to have a kick @$$ page and image gallery.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I've actually tried deleting a couple of Gambit's pics, but they seem to always find there way back. Also, I would say Storm's image gallery is a mess. 55 separate galleries? Are you serious.

oops, its down to 33 now lol.
    Post Edited:2007-10-18 21:03:10

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah. It's a bummer. I honestly can't stand Gambit because of all the bad submissions I've had to go through. Like most, I used to really like the character. I've come soooo close to just locking the page. That just wouldn't be fair to normal Gambit fans. Hopefully the Gambit problem has settled since a certain someone claimed they were leaving.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

G-Man says:

"Yeah. It's a bummer. I honestly can't stand Gambit because of all the bad submissions I've had to go through. Like most, I used to really like the character. I've come soooo close to just locking the page. That just wouldn't be fair to *normal* Gambit fans. Hopefully the Gambit problem has settled since a certain someone claimed they were leaving."

Lock it, an give me the key. POWER!!! UNLIMITED....POWER!!!! sorry, had a Star Wars flash back :P

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Darkchild

King of Kings says:

"G-Man says:
    "Yeah. It's a bummer. I honestly can't stand Gambit because of all the bad submissions I've had to go through. Like most, I used to really like the character. I've come soooo close to just locking the page. That just wouldn't be fair to *normal* Gambit fans. Hopefully the Gambit problem has settled since a certain someone claimed they were leaving."

Lock it, an give me the key. POWER!!! UNLIMITED....POWER!!!! sorry, had a Star Wars flash back :P"

hahahaha

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crazy spidey

maybe Gambit went on crack for a day and started deleting random pics in his massive trip out

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crazy spidey

Post Deleted.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crazy spidey

Jonny Ruckus says:

"Well, ok. I didn't really look at it that way. I've just worked extremely hard on the War Machine page and took it a little personal. I apologize there. I didn't think they looked cluttered, but your most likely right. I just know there not a lot of love for WM anywhere on the net so anyone really trying to find info on him, this is the only place so I was trying to make sure there is everything here. Ya know, plenty of shots of the different armors and such. My bad."

u bet its ur bad JKS

Jonny Ruckus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny Ruckus

Well, ok. I didn't really look at it that way. I've just worked extremely hard on the War Machine page and took it a little personal. I apologize there.

I didn't think they looked cluttered, but your most likely right. I just know there not a lot of love for WM anywhere on the net so anyone really trying to find info on him, this is the only place so I was trying to make sure there is everything here. Ya know, plenty of shots of the different armors and such.

My bad.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Jonny Ruckus says:

"Well, ok. I didn't really look at it that way. I've just worked extremely hard on the War Machine page and took it a little personal. I apologize there.I didn't think they looked cluttered, but your most likely right. I just know there not a lot of love for WM anywhere on the net so anyone really trying to find info on him, this is the only place so I was trying to make sure there is everything here. Ya know, plenty of shots of the different armors and such.My bad."

I like the character too, thats part of why I'd rather the quality be kept up in the gallery. Looking over the gallery again, as of right now there's already 3 more duplicate pics in there plus a bunch of full page scans that I've noticed.

This pic is posted twice in the same gallery

as is

Duplicate pic + full page scan = remove.

Lets see more of this:

• and less of:

That last couple being a prime examples of why not to include pics with word bubbles. Its like size 7 font, its an eyesore.

Anyways...gallery needs cleaning again.
    Post Edited:2007-10-20 07:01:09

Jonny Ruckus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny Ruckus

ok I went in and deleted a bunch to appease.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.