Black Female Superheroes Volume 6!!!

BeccaBaby87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BeccaBaby87

The series rolls on. Check out Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 along with the first tribute video. I think that I should mention now that I've expanded this project to include not only SUPER HEROES, but other heroic Black Female Characters from television, movies, and comics. With Black Female characters so criminally underrepresented, I'll take them where I can get them lol. Now to the next batch of superheroines:

Diana

Diana The Acrobat appeared in the carton version of the board game Dungeons & Dragons. She's 14 years old, is outspoken and confident, and has a magical javelin that she uses to pole vault her way out of sticky situations. Her father was an astronomer and her brother a trained pilot.

Kendra

Kendra Young was a Jamaican Slayer on Buffy. She has excellent strength, speed, reflexes and endurance, has the ability to heal quickly, and can also see the future in her dreams, and sense approaching vampires.

Numbuh 5

Numbuh 5, aka Abagail Lincoln, appears on the cartoon Codename: Kids Next Door and is voiced by Cree Summer (does she do the voice of ALL young, black, female cartoon characters???? lol). She's French and Black, speaks in 3rd person, is second in command in the Kids Next Door, has a weakness for candy, sweets, and ice cream, and has an evil older sister - whose name happens to be Cree.

The Yellow Ranger

Who DIDN'T love the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers???? It was definitely one of my favorite shows growing up, along with Wishbone (the dog that reenacted classic literature) and the X-Men Cartoon. Naturally, the Yellow and Pink Rangers were my favorite. The Yellow Ranger's real name was Aisha Campbell. She turned into the Sabertooth Tiger-bot when they morphed and when they became the Ninja Rangers, she was a Bear. Gotta love the Yellow Ranger!

Valerie Brown

From the pictures above, you can tell that Valerie Brown probably wasn't exactly a SUPERHERO.... but she was a pretty awesome cartoon and comic strip character from Josie and the Pussycats. She performed backup in the band, played many instruments, and wrote most of the songs. She was also the one to get the girls out of most of their jams as she was a genius (a la Velma from Scooby Doo). Rosario Dawson played Valerie in the Josie and the Pussycats live action movie in 2001.

Uhura

I have never ever EVER seen an episode of Star Trek, but I still love Uhura. The original Uhura was played by Nichelle Nichols and in the upcoming Star Trek Movie, a younger Uhura will be played by Zoe Saldana. The audience got to see Uhura go from a Luitenant all the way to a captain through the course of the show. Nichols wanted to leave after her first season, but was persuaded by Martin Luther King Jr himself to stay on. Mae Jemison, the first African American woman to fly in space, sited Uhura as an influence on her choice of profession.

Deborah Teigel

Deborah Teigel appears in DC Comic's HITMAN. She was originally a straight-laced Gotham City cop, but falls in love with an amoral vigilante which causes her to reevaluate her positions. She basically acts for a foil for his character throughout the series, provides some good old fashioned relationship drama, and is the standard 'ride-or-die chick' (as was so well put on TORCHBEARERS, where I snagged this info lol).

Fox

Fox appears in Mark Millar's Wanted - yes, the same Wanted as the movie starring Angelina Jolie as Fox (no Halle Berry????), Morgan Freeman, and James McAvoy. She is a cold-blooded, power-hungry, sex-crazed killing machine.... she's in the Fraternity. The comic contains very mature themes and I'm sure Fox's character is the source of most of them. Got to have a scapegoat, right??? lol All foolishness aside, her character is HOT!

As a matter of fact, the screenwriters of the WANTED movie described Fox as the "hottest black woman on the planet" - congrats.... ANGELINA JOLIE????? I won't even go there, because everybody knows what's wrong with this picture.

Amina Franklin

Amina Franklin is definitely not a hero, but she is a doctor. She has no powers and doesn't fight evil - she's not even a villain. She is related to a villain though - Grotesk, her brother, who's an enemy of Batman. To make matters worse, she dates Bruce Wayne for a time... the thing is, she has NO IDEA of either of their secret identities. Makes for a pretty good storyline because no one knows how much she knows or doesn't know.

Arisa Hines

Arisa Hines appears in Dark Horse's Perhapanauts. She leads a team of special government agents and is a powerful telepath/psychic.

Becka Monroe

Monroe??? As in Ororo Monroe aka Storm???? YUP! Becka Monroe is Storm's daughter! One of the reasons I love comics is because they are always dreaming up alternate universes and realities. In one of these realities, the X-Men have aged in real time and are approaching 50 and most have children. Their children are also X-Men, for the most part, are a part of a team called 'NEXT'. I don't know what her power is...... I'll keep digging though.

Lightning

I profiled a character named THUNDER aka Arissa Pierce in one of my earlier volumes of Black Female Superheroes, not realizing that in the DC COMICS Universe, she had a younger sister named Lightning aka Jennifer Pierce (fitting, no? Thunder and Lightning?) Their father is Black Lightning. She doesn't yet have the ability to control her powers and often shocks people and shorts out any electrical appliance she touches. She can also shoot lightning bolts out of her palms.

Some of my FAVORITE Black Female Superheroes are coming up in Volume 7, so stay tuned. There are about 5 more volumes left and the list keeps growing! To date, I've found 107 Black Female Superheroes and counting!

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Leliel

Becka Monroe is my favorite of all them and her power by the way are those of Storm and turned into some animalistic-berserk form which she is not in control. I also believe she is the most beautiful out all them, really her hair wish I had something like that or find a woman like that.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Aisha Campbell and Lt.Uhura FTW

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.