Wanted

Movie » Wanted released on June 27, 2008.

Very loose adaption of Mark Millar's graphic novel

gc8's Wanted review

Avatar image for gc8
    • gc8 wrote this review on .
    • gc8 has written a total of 1420 reviews. The last one was for

Unwanted

First I have to say that I never read the comic Wanted by Mark Millar, and I'm betting that is I had, I'd like this movie even less... and there's not much room for this film to go down in my eyes.

Angelina Jolie as eye candy cannot save this film about superhuman assassins that get their kill orders from a magic loom.

I'm not kidding.

In addition to the ridiculous premise that can't decide if it wants to be magic or technology, there are impossible coincidences - incredibly impossible coincidences (can you imagine beating someone over the head with a computer keyboard such that the buttons pop off and spell words in mid air?), plenty of "gimme a break moments" and a deus ex machina or five.

If you want wild action try a Hong Kong action film instead.