Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Wally West's Terrible New Costume Debuts

• 87 results
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

(Sigh) @arturocalakayvee@dredeuced Sorry to call you two out but you guys came to mind as DC/Flash fans. See the horror for yourself :/

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*pukes*

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Didn't like the silver, maybe a dark red or smt.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait is wally black now ?

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly the silver that I don't like.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TimeLordScience

I'm actually kinda okay with it. Though I'm pretty sure no one (in universe) would have trouble identifying him as Wally West just by looking at him i.e. It's pretty impractical.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alak
    No Caption Provided

Found this shoop on another site.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik

@captain13: Color scheme? Is it because the new suit has... "black" in it?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-36394-you-blew-it-gif-Billy-Madison-g9vn.gif

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like the mask and color scheme. Would've preferred Black or blue.

Zilant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be WAY worse.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like his new suit.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmashBrawler

@captain13 said:

The exposed hair

THIS, this right here is what annoys me the most. Why the exposed hair? Why?! If he has f**king short hair then what's the point? It makes no sense. GAAAAHH

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dredeuced

@lvenger: You do not expect much with Brett Booth art.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:
    No Caption Provided

that looks a heck of a lot better even if they hadn't changed the race of Wally in the photoshopped image that color change for the costume looks so much better and I was actually going to say that the real costume bears an uncanny resemblance to the pre52 Kid Flash suit except for it's colors

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mysoulz

I feel sick.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kidchipotle

@lvenger: Thanks for the tag, mate. Now I can get all fanboy rage again over this Wally West bull sh*t :P

This exact gif comes to mind (in part thanks to @silverpool)

No Caption Provided

I mean someone please try to defend that piece of sh*t. Please. Try to convince me that is OKAY.

It reminds me of something DC would vomit out in the 90's. All he's missing is pouches and knives sticking out of that chrome suit.

God, if anything, the current status of Wally West is a metaphor for where DC is at right now.

Complete and utter bullsh*t.

And I ain't even really mad. At this point I just laugh at how pathetic and ridiculous DC is.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@alak said:
    No Caption Provided

God, I freaking wish THAT was what we got.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee it.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dredeuced

@smashbrawler said:

@captain13 said:

The exposed hair

THIS, this right here is what annoys me the most. Why the exposed hair? Why?! If he has f**king short hair then what's the point? It makes no sense. GAAAAHH

This is probably my biggest gripe. Wally as Kid Flash had the open top because he had flowy hair that could show movement, but this new Black Wally has short curly hair like, you know, black people and it's completely pointless. He just has an exposed dome for no reason.

The colors are absolutely horrible and, if I didn't know it was Wally, I'd assume he's evil. Red eyes? Red lightning? Big, clunky bracers? Looks like a villain to me.

The red lightning might be forgivable if it has to do with the way he gets his powers (If his powers are similar to Daniel's then it'd make plenty of sense) but the entire scheme is off. The chrome top and black bottom is a huge eyesore and isn't a color pallet that works well -- the only thing close that ever works is White/Black and that's purely for contrast that this costume does not have. It just looks so grundgy and bad and Booth's style does it no favors.

You don't pair a medium color with an extreme like black. You either go full dark or contrast it with SOME brightness.

I really, really hate the eyes being closed off. It's one of the things I disliked about Wally's Flash costume of yore -- I liked it when his eyes were showing with green because that was one of the ways to differentiate him from Barry in a subtle way while making him look like The Flash. This evil red eye half cowl just doesn't work.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

...seems DC is intent on fortifying that glass ceiling that will mean Wally will never again be able to become the Flash.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dredeuced

Eh, costumes aren't that big of a deal. Whenever fans get annoyed enough at bad costumes DC's quick to change them, ala Powergirl or Stormwatch. This is also just the Futures End version of Wally West and we all know Futures End is a big crapshoot for what's going to come out of it.

But since I got tagged I might as well air the grievances I did have with it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah it really is an undeniable abomination to everything about Wally West. I've tried to see the light in DC's darkness but this is simply too much to bear. From the evil red eyes to the awful colour scheme of silver and black to the bad design of the costume, I can't find anything good about this in the slightest. Good thing I stopped caring about Wally after they made him bi-racial and any complaints about being emotionally connected to the previous version are construed as racism.

Some of his stuff is OK but at times like this, it's hard not to gouge your eyes out at the sight of that costume.

@alak said:
    No Caption Provided

God dammit, why wasn't this the new costume? I could overlook the black in the costume or the damn red eyes if there was just some yellow to pay respect to the original source material. But no, New 52, new stupid costume that reeks of the 90s.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JakeN7

I'm a sucker for Red/White/Black. It's my favorite color scheme, so I like the costume a lot. Sue me.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ARMIV2

I really don't know how I feel about it definitely, but at the moment I'm sorta stuck on thinking it really isn't all that great for the Flash.

Looking at that shop job from above though, I think making the silver yellow would be one big step in a better direction.

DaFishHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is he a black kid, not a red head? Right when you think the Flash series is getting better again, they change the race of an iconic character. I mean iris in the new tv show coming out is a different race, and i'm not being racist I just think they need to stick with the same area in terms of imaging.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I like the suit but I agree that it would be better with the blue color scheme

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ARMIV2

Silver as red, maybe?

No Caption Provided
    Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is he a black kid, not a red head? Right when you think the Flash series is getting better again, they change the race of an iconic character. I mean iris in the new tv show coming out is a different race, and i'm not being racist I just think they need to stick with the same area in terms of imaging.

He's black because DC told Venditti to write Wally into his story and for him to be black.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Does DC want us to hate Wally West??

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

90's time hehhehe

It's meh suit for a character I don't car about I'll just take my leave

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13:

What the hell?! Ive been positive about most of the New 52 stuff, but holy hell, that suit is fugly.

I thought we had better taste in 2014? It looks like the worst ideas of the 90s put together, all he needs is a leather jacket to put over the tight suit and a punch of pouches.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah it really is an undeniable abomination to everything about Wally West. I've tried to see the light in DC's darkness but this is simply too much to bear. From the evil red eyes to the awful colour scheme of silver and black to the bad design of the costume, I can't find anything good about this in the slightest. Good thing I stopped caring about Wally after they made him bi-racial and any complaints about being emotionally connected to the previous version are construed as racism.

Haha now that you're back you can see my newly established more hostile behavior towards DC :P

Wally was the final straw for me :\

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Haha now that you're back you can see my newly established more hostile behavior towards DC :P

I don't blame you quite frankly. Manapul and Booch's run is appealing but I've now foresworn any future Flash comics thanks to this disgraceful change. I can't support this stereotyped knock off passed off as one of my favourite characters.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

I don't blame you quite frankly. Manapul and Booch's run is appealing but I've now foresworn any future Flash comics thanks to this disgraceful change. I can't support this stereotyped knock off passed off as one of my favourite characters.

Exactly what I did but to a much more extreme extent. I've sworn off all DC titles, even the ones I was still enjoying, because I choose not to support a company who thinks it's okay to do something like this. If they want a prompinent ethnic character they should have done their part to push them…they have plenty of great ethnic characters - Black Lightning, Cyborg, Bane, Static, Ryan Choi The Atom, female Dr. Light, Chesire, Katana, Lady Shiva, Cass Cain, Black Adam, Isis, Icon, Rocket, Amanda Waller, Aqualad 2, Batwing, Crimson Avenger, Jakeem Thunder, Steel …

I think you get the point lol

But instead of featuring some of THOSE characters more, DC decided… "Lets take our most popular Flash that EVERYONE wants … and make him 'bi-racial' because everyone will be okay with that! MWAHAHAH"

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocious.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By the_tree

I think it'd actually look good if it weren't for the s###ty mask and weird wrist gauntlets. Also, Brett Booth's art isn't helping anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Eh, costumes aren't that big of a deal. Whenever fans get annoyed enough at bad costumes DC's quick to change them, ala Powergirl or Stormwatch. This is also just the Futures End version of Wally West and we all know Futures End is a big crapshoot for what's going to come out of it.

But since I got tagged I might as well air the grievances I did have with it.

New 52 Raven?

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use this clip too much, but...

Loading Video...
    @lvenger said:

@dredeuced said:

Some of his stuff is OK but at times like this, it's hard not to gouge your eyes out at the sight of that costume.

@alak said:
    No Caption Provided

God dammit, why wasn't this the new costume? I could overlook the black in the costume or the damn red eyes if there was just some yellow to pay respect to the original source material. But no, New 52, new stupid costume that reeks of the 90s.

that's what Wally SHOULD look like.

Avatar image for noteworthington
    Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's one way to look at it. It's also one way to seem really silly!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus christ why did someone make the terrible costume his wiki picture? It's not even actually the current Wally, it's a alternate future version. I don't know how to change it back but someone should because I cringe everytime I open this forum now.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I actually think it's pretty cool, even though he does look like a fused Cyborg and Flash.

But is that Future's End Wally?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMH well I guess DC's completely blown it now.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@@saren The wiki character picture should change. This version of Wally is an alternate future version.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Butthurt over a race change? Then don't bother to fucking read it. Move on with your lives. I care more about quality writing and art than something as silly as skin color. I wish comic book fans were more open minded, all they do is bitch now. It makes me ashamed to be a comic book fan.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Skin color must really bother you guys.

Flash_PHOBIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was kind of cool actually, yes the color schemes are a bit strange but I think I could get used to it

ghieri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ghieri

people keep ranting about the costume when there is truly nothing wrong with it... remember, he is not kid flash anymore, hes probably going to be impulse and that looks like a pretty good reboot of impulses costume (to me) so stop complaining about it when the real reason why you are all mad is because he is black (witch you all should be ashamed of)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.