Follow

Vibe

Character » Vibe appears in 217 issues.

Vibe was a member of a Detroit City gang called the Lobos. When the Justice League of America moved to Detroit he became a member. His New 52 incarnation is selected for the JLA because of his unique vibration and potential inter-dimensional abilities.

vibe making it!???!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

Two thing that subjestes that he's making it

1. I went to my local comic shop to buy it and found it and baught it only to relise that it was now sold out

2.whent on to DC comics comixology and found that he was on the top 25 series being sold at the moment Wich is probably more crazyer then the first reason

so what ya think people? Does vibe now interest you. is he not getting canceled quiker then we expected? Or am I getting my hopes up?

Or if you are barily starting to buy it what did you think of the last issue? If you have been buying what do you think of the series thus so far?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Vibe is actually one of my favorite current series. I really like the character and the supporting cast that he's being given. And I did not AT ALL see the twist at the end of issue six coming. As long as it continues to hold the same quality, I'll definitely be buying Vibe for as long as it's around.

Outside of his own series though, I think that Vibe should be taken off of the JLA and put on a team of younger heroes. If they ever did a comic counterpart to the Runaways (Static, Apache Chief, Samuri, and El Dorado) from Young Justice, I think Vibe and Gypsy would fit in really nicely.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Vibe is cool and it's a good book but I don't think it's selling well, even with ties to the Justice League and a top-name creative team.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I don't read it, so I can't comment on the quality, but I know that it's a low seller. In June it only outsold 6 New 52 titles, 3 of which have already been cancelled.

Maybe the ties to Justice League Of America will keep it safe for a while.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

New Vibe is dope and they need a Vibe/Cyborg team-up book where they save Detroit.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: let us all hope

And then probably become part of the blue lantern corps

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

New Vibe is dope and they need a Vibe/Cyborg team-up book where they save Detroit.

That actually sounds like a really fun idea.

Vibe is a low seller so it will probably be cancelled in the next few months (unfortunately). But tons of people want to see a Cyborg book. So maybe converting Vibe to Vibe and Cyborg (similar to the shifting title of Batman and...) for a story arc will help keep the book afloat.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: another you should know this but I think dc has pretty high hopes for vibe cause there gonna be introducing

Darkseids daughter in his title just so you know

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

its one of DC's lowest selling titles but Vibe is one of Geoff John's current pet characters so they'll push the series as long as they possibly can.im glad to hear that its good though. hopefully they'll cancel Katana and give Vibe a chance.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: @supbatz: would you people even buy it?

Of course I would. As I said before, Vibe is one of my favorite series to read each month. And a Cyborg and Vibe arc sounds like a ton of fun.

@supbatz: another you should know this but I think dc has pretty high hopes for vibe cause there gonna be introducing

Darkseids daughter in his title just so you know

DC definitely had high hopes for the series when it began. But no matter how well it is written or what big plans they have for it, its sales are declining every month. It's one of DC's lowest selling titles (only about 12k this month I believe). Perhaps DC will try to market the issue introducing Darkseid's daughter as an essential read for Justice League readers? That might attract more readers to help keep the title afloat.

DC needs to start thinking outside of the box and being creative. Fans constantly ask for a Cyborg series, DC wants Vibe to sell well. Converting Vibe to Cyborg and Vibe for 5 or 6 issues would be an excellent way to attract tons of new readers.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: i like the way you think bro oh and you are so right about katana being cancelled first here were the sells

40.batwing

41.vibe

47.katana

Yeah its being sold a whole lot lesser then vibe so yeah

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.