Follow

Vibe

Character » Vibe appears in 219 issues.

Vibe was a member of a Detroit City gang called the Lobos. When the Justice League of America moved to Detroit he became a member. His New 52 incarnation is selected for the JLA because of his unique vibration and potential inter-dimensional abilities.

Is Vibe a Human or Mutant ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I just started to look up Vibe and His tipe is listed as Human but on his bio it says..."Paco, a young Puerto Rican breakdancer with the mutant ability to cause strong vibrational waves" So why dosen't his tipe say Mutant ?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

He's metahuman.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

mutants sounds like such a derogatory term. I think Vibe prefers metahuman.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colonyofcells

Dc seems to prefer the term meta to avoid confusion with the competition. DC does have mutants like Adam Blake Captain Comet (1951) who predates the x-men.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ms__omega

He is considered a metahuman given the new origin of his powers. He was a normal human until he got caught in the blast of a boom tube from the Darkseid invasion. Because of this he can cause micro dimensional ruptures (vibration waves) Stated by Amanda Waller with enough training she said he would be able to cut off peoples powers if they get their powers from another dimension example cutting the Flash off from the speedforce.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@Ms. Omega said:

He is considered a metahuman given the new origin of his powers. He was a normal human until he got caught in the blast of a boom tube from the Darkseid invasion. Because of this he can cause micro dimensional ruptures (vibration waves) Stated by Amanda Waller with enough training she said he would be able to cut off peoples powers if they get their powers from another dimension example cutting the Flash off from the speedforce.

Wow thats cool. So he was born human then. by the way love the poisn ivy pick. : )

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

@Ms. Omega said:

Wow thats cool. So he was born human then. by the way love the poisn ivy pick. : )

and theoretically stop Cyborg from teleporting

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

i'm starting to like this vibe guy. he sounds awesome.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ms__omega

@Jonny_Anonymous: @Kid_Omega_Prime: Thanks btw and this new version of him has peaked my interest too from what i have been reading he has been given a hefty power upgrade also I for got to mention another side effect of his powers it appears that the blast he was caught in when the boom tube opened knocked him out of sync with his home dimension causing him to be unable to be picked up in photographs and in cameras he is also able to detect things from other dimensions as well.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tupiaz

@Ms. Omega said:

which means he in Marvel terms (I know he is a DC character but since the word mutant was use which is typical connected with Marvel/everybody else and not DC but I think it could clear thinks up) a mutate.

A mutate in the Marvel universe is a person that gains his powers like Daredevil, Spider-Man and Hulk but are burn as regular human beings.

A mutant in the Marvel universe is a person that are born with his abilities however they a typical first seen when the person hits puberty/becomes a teenager.

In DC metahuman covers both these terms (as far as I know). However these are quite rare.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By Teerack

mutants don't exist in DC.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tupiaz said:

@Ms. Omega said:

which means he in Marvel terms (I know he is a DC character but since the word mutant was use which is typical connected with Marvel/everybody else and not DC but I think it could clear thinks up) a mutate.

A mutate in the Marvel universe is a person that gains his powers like Daredevil, Spider-Man and Hulk but are burn as regular human beings.

A mutant in the Marvel universe is a person that are born with his abilities however they a typical first seen when the person hits puberty/becomes a teenager.

In DC metahuman covers both these terms (as far as I know). However these are quite rare.

That'snot what mutates are, mutates are pepole that have artificially created x-genes like Deadpool

@Teerack: Yea they do Captain Comet was the first mutant in comics

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tupiaz
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tupiaz: Yea Wikipedia is wrong.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: In Marvel comics mutants are defined as people who gain powers genetically from being born with the X-gene. The X-gene does not exist in DC so no they do not. There are meta-genes and meta humans in DC. Also you're completely wrong about Deadpool. He considered himself a mutant, but his actual official classing is human or mutate.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Teerack: I haven't mentioned anything about DC so I'm not sure what your saying about that. Also I'm not wrong about Deadpool, he used to be a human, he was NEVER a mutant but now he is a mutate.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tupiaz

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Teerack: I haven't mentioned anything about DC so I'm not sure what your saying about that. Also I'm not wrong about Deadpool, he used to be a human, he was NEVER a mutant but now he is a mutate.

Well if you think I'm wrong you got to back it up with some proves.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: I miss read the part about deadpool. I guess technically you're right about Captain Comet being a mutant, but technically he's a Mutant Meta-human. Also He wasn't the first Mutant in comics. Namor has like a good 12 years on him, and I'm half sure Toro also came first.

@tupiaz: idk what you're talking about because I didn't say anything to you....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Teerack: Marvel didn't make Namor a Mutant with a capital M till the early 90s

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teerack

@Jonny_Anonymous: Doesn't matter.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tupiaz

@Teerack: Something went wrong there. I wanted to reply to @Jonny_Anonymous: how hasn't given any source to his opinion.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ok ok let me see if i got this right... before the New 52 Vibe was a mutant I mean Metahuman because he was born with his powers. Now after the New 52 Vibe is a Human and got his powers from a Boomtube... Is that correct ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.