Red Lantern Statistics
Veon was one of the original members of the Red Lantern Corps, having been recruited by Atrocitus after the Sinestro Corps War. Unlike some other Red Lanterns, the source of his rage was never revealed.
Veon took part in the successful ambush of Hal Jordan on Ysmault and fought the Sinestro Corps when they came to retrieve Sinestro. He tried to stop the rampage of the Sinestro soldier Moose during the battle.
The Lost Lanterns were dispatched by the Guardians of the Universe to lay siege to the Red Lantern Corps on Ysmault, although they had the true mission of retrieving Laira's body. Boodikka, the Alpha Lantern of the group, stayed true to the Guardians' orders, and Veon was one of those Red Lanterns killed by her.
Major Story Arcs
Blood and Rage
After the New 52 reboot Veon was once again alive and a member of the Red Lantern Corps. He is still a background character, but he is one of a handful of Red Lanterns that fallows Bleez over Atrocitus.
After the Rebirth reboot, Veon appears in a flashback story about the war of the light. He is pictured getting defeated by Kilowog.
Powers and Abilities
Veon is a bearer of the Red Lantern Ring and has all the powers that come with it. The abilities the ring grants him are:
- Animating: A Red Lantern can will things to move how he wants.
- Caustic Effect: Red Lantern power can damage and drain away the power of other lanterns almost like a poison. For example green lanterns who survive a Red Lantern attack will begin to lose power from the almost napalm like attacks of Red Lanterns.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Lanterns.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time. While Red Lanterns have no costume code they all are red and black with the Red Lantern symbol displayed.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. The attacks often come from the mouth from a Red Lantern.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people. Red Lanterns have difficulty creating constructs due to their anger. Veon has yet to display constructs.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Heart Replacement: Red Lantern Rings replace the heart of the lantern who wields them so removing a Red Lantern ring is often fatal without medical attention or the presence of a Blue Lantern. Atrocitus had his heart ripped from his body and was able to return to the fight within seconds since his ring serves as his heart.
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary. The internal power source of a Manhunter Android is, in effect, the same as a power battery, and can be used to recharge a power ring. During the JLA / Avengers crossover, a Cosmic Cube was used to recharge a depleted ring, although this is not an ideal solution and is available if there are no other options.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero.
- Electro-magnetic scanning: The ring can allow(through the use of x rays) the user to see through walls, without the people on the other side knowing. it can also scan along the Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Wormhole/Warps: The ring can open wormholes to cut down on distance.