Who was the better Venom?

#1 Posted by Mutant X (1584 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mutant X (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure it's been done before, but oh well. ;).

I say Eddie hands down.

#3 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie, he's the first and the best, but Mac's a good second

#4 Posted by Venom=sickest (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie has his flaws (mostly that his SOLE motivation is to kill Spider-Man--that's it), and was pretty much ruined as his solo series went on due to over exposure,  but in terms of who was the better character: Eddie.

Eddie defined the character. The Venom I love is the classic one who is seen as alternate spider man, not the current venom with stupid looking eyes and can grow 30 feet tall (that really bothers me...WHY COULDN'T EDDIE DO THAT?)

Gargan is okay only because he's making Venom relevant again, and it's cool to see him pretending to be Spider-Man blah blah but he really is a bitch. He got his tongue ripped out by Namor.

And it's really disrespecting Scorpion. I liked Scorpion. I thought he had a great concept and was one tough dude. Why ruin his rep with this crap?

They should hand over the mantle to someone else.

sorry...I just have very strong opinions about Venom.

#5 Posted by claws (5266 posts) - - Show Bio

brock he seemed more of an badass and he seemed more of an threat to spiderman for some reason

#6 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

Brock Curbstomp

#7 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Fortunato was the best :]

#8 Posted by Mutant X (1584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Magnus/Murdock said:
" Fortunato was the best :] "
I was thinking about putting him on there, but he really doesn't compete with Eddie or Mac.
#9 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X said:
"
@Magnus/Murdock said:
I was thinking about putting him on there, but he really doesn't compete with Eddie or Mac. "
I was joking, Brock is the best. Fortunato would've been cool is he wasn't such a loser. I love the idea of a mobster wearing the symbiote (because I love the mobster genre and Venom is awesome)
#10 Posted by Venom=sickest (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Fortunato had potential to be cool but he ended up being a sissy lol.

That's gotta be one of the most shameful deaths in the Marvel universe. Your symbiote abandons you in mid air because it thinks you are a wuss haha.

#11 Posted by Mutant X (1584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Magnus/Murdock said:
"
@Mutant X said:
"
@Magnus/Murdock said:
I was thinking about putting him on there, but he really doesn't compete with Eddie or Mac. "
I was joking, Brock is the best. Fortunato would've been cool is he wasn't such a loser. I love the idea of a mobster wearing the symbiote (because I love the mobster genre and Venom is awesome) "
Well it's kinda hard to sense sarcasm over the internet. ;)
#12 Posted by Mutant X (1584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom=sickest said:
" Fortunato had potential to be cool but he ended up being a sissy lol.That's gotta be one of the most shameful deaths in the Marvel universe. Your symbiote abandons you in mid air because it thinks you are a wuss haha. "
True that.
#13 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Fortunato reminds me of Fredo Corleone

#14 Posted by Howlett (30 posts) - - Show Bio
I would have to say Eddie Brock.
#15 Posted by greatlord92 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

if fortunato had guts he would have been the most awesome venom, he wore the suit the coolest way
but he's a sissy so i have to say eddie
gargon had potential but he has become osborns bitch and that is that

also Anne Weying made one fucking awesome venom
they should make a story acre where spiderman fights she-venom and she-venom turns out to be Mary Jane
(just a thought)

Avatar image for sonofhercules95
#16 Posted by sonofhercules95 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie Brock is at 100% right now

#17 Posted by chris thompson (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie

#18 Posted by DEGRAAF (8422 posts) - - Show Bio

i think in Eddie was a better Venom but i think Mac is more interesting. I like Mac more bc he is more crazy.

#19 Posted by ARMIV (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

Even when he's Anti-Venom (who is really cool),he is so much cooler than Mac Gargan.
Mac just isn't Venom.

Avatar image for spider_man_earth_616
#20 Posted by Spider-Man EARTH-616 (56 posts) - - Show Bio
@Magnus/Murdock said:
"Fortunato was the best :]"

u r SICK !!!!!!!!!
#21 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

Mac G should be a Scorpion instead, wait didn't Carmilla beat him at it?

#22 Posted by box turtle (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

Mac.

#23 Posted by Xypher07 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if anyone has compared the correlation of joke votes in polls to the correlation of Mac Gargan votes.  I bet they match exactly.  Eddie Brock for the win here guys.

Avatar image for monev_justgeneral14
#24 Posted by Monev-Justgeneral14 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie.
#25 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Spider-Man count as a "Venom"? He did have the suit first and is the reason Venom has most of his powers

#26 Posted by pentagram (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" Does Spider-Man count as a "Venom"? He did have the suit first and is the reason Venom has most of his powers "
thats true
#27 Posted by REDPride88 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie Brock will always be the better Venom because he was never defeated by Spider-Man, he ended up retiring and kept his undefeated record if you will, and as for Gargan, I'm glad that at least a classic villain took up the mantle of Venom. Eddie was the best, but I still like Garagn as Venom, he has shown an awesome fierceness of Venom, and he has continued to kick ass as Venom, so he's not all that bad. 

#28 Posted by Meteorite (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie of course. I got really pissed off when Scorpion got the Symbiote because he is (correction: was) one of my favourite characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.