Venom #1

Venom » Venom #1 released by Marvel on May 1, 2011.

haydenclaireheroes's Venom #1 review

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes

Venom Returns

Cover

I usually hate white background covers but I think it really works well with the black of the venom. I have to say I liked this cover.

Story

Flash Thompson is on a mission as the Venom and he has to control his anger or else he will lose control of the Venom and when he loses control the government has a grenade that they can make explode. Flash comes home to see Betty and Betty accuses Flash of Drinking. Flash has a choice to go to an AA meeting but he wheels right past it.

Best Part

If you have not read the issue of Amazing Spider that Venom was introduced it is okay because this issue explains it all. Sometimes with first issues they make new readers of the character very confused but even if you never heard of Flash in your life this issue explains what Flash is all about. Which I really enjoyed reading. I just really loved Flash’s narration in this issue.

Worst Part

I was not really big on the beginning of the issue without the narration I think it would be a real waste of my time. Because the story with the Jack o Lantern was pretty boring and he had way to many cheesy lines.  I hope the missions get better and more entertaining.

Art

I really not a fan of dark art unless it is really needed and even though he is Venom and it is meant to be a little dark I just thought it was hard o enjoy the story with all the dark art. I just wish it was a little lighter art.

Pick it up or not