Follow

Valiant/Acclaim

Publisher »

Valiant Comics began as an imprint of Voyager Communications, established in 1989 in part by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. It was discontinued in 1996 after being bought out by Acclaim Entertainment. After Acclaim closed its doors in 2004, the publisher was revived as Valiant Entertainment and has been publishing new material since May 2012.

Valiant Unleashes RAI #1 Plus Edition

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

RAI #1 will be the first step in Valiant's massive "Valiant First" campaign, and they're making sure you'll want to get your hands on the book. But for those of you who are VERY excited about Rai's new book, they're making sure to offer something just for you. Today the publisher has announced RAI #1 PLUS EDITION. This will include 15+ "extra pages of in-story content." It'll be packed with exclusive stories and art by the creative minds behind the book, Matt Kindt and Clayton Crain, as well as Sean Ryan and Raul Allen. On top of that, they plan to further immerse you in Rai's unique future (41st century Japan) with exclusive maps, posters, stories, and pin-ups that are inspired by the mythology.

This content won't be included in the eventual trade paperback and there will be limited copies available. RAI #1 and its PLUS EDITION goes on sale April 30th. You can check out a preview of the issue here.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Bummed that there won't be a digital version of this

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

:D

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I don't know why but I am very intrigued by this Rai title. I hope it turns out really good.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DonFelipe

I need this plus edition!

Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
    deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't wait for this, bringing Rai back next was an obvious but wise choice. Although I do wonder what the hell has happened to the Ninjak book that was supposed to come out...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I can't wait for this, bringing Rai back next was an obvious but wise choice. Although I do wonder what the hell has happened to the Ninjak book that was supposed to come out...

I don't think there ever was one. The teaser image with Ninjak on it was for Unity but everybody just assumed it was for a Ninjak ongoing.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already got this pre-ordered! Super excited!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Yung ANcient One

If someone could give me a brief explanation on how Rai is different from Bloodshot, then that be sweet. (+)

burgerkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The illustration looks awesome, the story remains to be seen though. I'll try this title.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished Rai and I thought it was just ok. But this is the first I've heard of the character and I don't know much about him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.