Follow

Valiant/Acclaim

Publisher »

Valiant Comics began as an imprint of Voyager Communications, established in 1989 in part by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. It was discontinued in 1996 after being bought out by Acclaim Entertainment. After Acclaim closed its doors in 2004, the publisher was revived as Valiant Entertainment and has been publishing new material since May 2012.

Valiant Comics Relaunched with Former Marvel CEO as Chairman

• 57 results
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Decept-O

@turoksonofstone: Yes, that is what I am saying. I know Solar is originally from the Silver Age. Manhattan I assume is loosely based off him as well as Captain Atom, I had read many years ago.

I keep forgetting some of these characters and properties were divvied up to Dark Horse. Easy enough mistake to make I think.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#52  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @Decept-O:  
    No offense intended. The Dark Horse books are grand.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Decept-O

@turoksonofstone: No, not offended at all! Just saying I'd forgotten about that fact. You're right, glad you mentioned it! All Cool Baby!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#54  Edited By cbishop
    @turok son of stone said: Looks like they are headlining with RAI.

Hey, turok, thanks for the info.  I thought about Rai/Bloodshot, right after I posted my comment, but my opinion's pretty much the same: it was a cool enough book, but I don't think it can carry a comic line.  I don't think a new Valiant can last.  Marvel tried to reintro their New Universe characters several years ago, with Newuniversal, and that tanked - and NU at least had good continuity. 

I'd rather see Ultraverse climb out of its legal hindrances, and relaunch.
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#55  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @cbishop said:

@turok son of stone said: Looks like they are headlining with RAI.

Hey, turok, thanks for the info.  I thought about Rai/Bloodshot, right after I posted my comment, but my opinion's pretty much the same: it was a cool enough book, but I don't think it can carry a comic line.  I don't think a new Valiant can last.  Marvel tried to reintro their New Universe characters several years ago, with Newuniversal, and that tanked - and NU at least had good continuity.  I'd rather see Ultraverse climb out of its legal hindrances, and relaunch.

But doesn't Marvel OWN most of the Ultraverse and it's characters?? 
    I think they are waiting for the respective creators to die off. Then they have full ownership. 
    BTW I was wrong the Valiant relaunch centers on Bloodshot not Rai.  
    Also they have 1500 characters because they also have the Acclaim era characters. 
    like Quantum and Woody as well as Troublemakers and Punx

Jason Kothari: 
    "The 2012 relaunch will focus on popular characters including Harbinger, X-O Manowar, and Bloodshot. 
    "Some of our central beliefs at Valiant are worth mentioning. We think the comic book industry is the best means to nurture and grow characters that can expand into other mass media channels. We recognize that comic book retailers are the key ingredient for success. They are the blood that runs through the veins of this industry. We believe that this can only be achieved if our content is highly imaginative and is unafraid to explore new creative approaches. We do think film is the best way to promote and create excitement for our characters with consumers worldwide. Most important, we will be focused on aligning Valiant with the best talent, old and new, to accomplish our goals.

Valiant CEO Jason Kothari gave a tease about what characters the planned 2012 launch might involve:

"We are initially focusing on 9 or 10 of Valiant’s A-list characters, such as X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, and Harbinger, and the interactions between them."  

"Valiant was blessed to have an incredible roster of creative talents work on its characters and stories, such as Jim Shooter, Bob Layton, Barry Windsor Smith, Joe Quesada, Jim Lee, Frank Miller, Garth Ennis, Warren Ells, Mark Waid, Bryan Hitch, Rags Morales, Bernard Chang and Sean Chen, just to name a few. We would love to have some of them back with Valiant."  

" Valiant has a number of major motion picture projects in development with Hollywood’s leading producers and directors. We will provide more details at the appropriate time." 

No Caption Provided
    I understand they recently published Harbinger, X-O Manowar, and Archer & Armstrong HC TPB's each including a newJim Shooter penned tale. So they already have some books out there sort of...
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By Silkcuts
    @turoksonofstone: I am offended that Lapham was not name dropped....

I have been interested in this harcovers for a while.
    rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By rasx

Anyone read X-O Manowar# 1 it was really good and the Spider aliens are now called the vine.

Valiants line up for summer 2012 is:

X-O MANOWAR- MAY

HARBINGER- JUN

BLOODSHOT- JUL

ARCHER AND ARMSTRONG- AUG

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.