Follow

Valiant/Acclaim

Publisher »

Valiant Comics began as an imprint of Voyager Communications, established in 1989 in part by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. It was discontinued in 1996 after being bought out by Acclaim Entertainment. After Acclaim closed its doors in 2004, the publisher was revived as Valiant Entertainment and has been publishing new material since May 2012.

Sony Pictures and Valiant Announce Five-Picture Deal to Bring Properties to Big Screen

• 63 results
    Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sony...
    Sony...

But, Im hoping the'll find their charm from Spider-man 1 and 2.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I have zero of knowledge Valiant comics, but if the movies are good than i'll see them.

TonyChu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say this is a good choice for their first movie.

If this suceeds, then their next movie should be either Archer/Armstrong or Quantum/Woody.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Jenkale

when they first announced doing a valiant universe there was no mention of harbinger and that had me worried. so glad they wised up cause rising spirit is the connection in the valiant universe so we need that. my question is what happened with the planned archer and Armstrong film? I know they said they would be outsourcing to different studios so is that still in play or does this new deal change things and now they are exclusively with sony?? and hopefully they don't mess things up and either 1. white wash the cast or 2. get some skinny chick to play faith. lets do it right!

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This is it. This is where the superhero movie bubble officially pops. These are properties that essentially no one has heard of outside of hardcore comic fans. I dont want to sound totally pessimistic, but unless they have absolutely amazing trailers, and crazy good reviews the movies will likely flop. Even if they perform decent enough, they will at MAX reach Kick Ass box office level. These are not movies that will make too much more than 100 million at most.

Marvel and DC benefit from brand recognition. Even characters not many have heard of like the Guardians of the Galaxy did well because of that Marvel logo up front.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know, I actully liked ASM1&2 even if the backstory of his powers was dumb. I just didnt like a movie that would focus on the villains, & i WONT see the Sucide squad movie.

As for this, Constantine was an epic failure because it was too different from what a super-hero or comic is "supposed to be".

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm So Excited to see Valiant Characters make it to the big screen.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YES! YES! YES! Happy for the director picks of Bloodshot and Harbinger following after :D

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Glad to see Valiant really taking off. I'm going to be the only guy I know who will be hype for these movies as everyone around me stands clueless.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I think I would like these.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#62  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

This is going to be awesome!!!! And I agree with others that Ninjak and X-O should follow.

Now when are we going to see a Solar, man of the atom film? that would be equally amazing....

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Bring on the Valiant Cinematic Universe!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.