Follow

Valiant/Acclaim

Publisher »

Valiant Comics began as an imprint of Voyager Communications, established in 1989 in part by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. It was discontinued in 1996 after being bought out by Acclaim Entertainment. After Acclaim closed its doors in 2004, the publisher was revived as Valiant Entertainment and has been publishing new material since May 2012.

Looking for a little relief...starting anew

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hey I've been told that Valiant has some great stuff going on and I'm thinking of checking out a few things. I'm looking for some suggestions because obviously there are those of you much smarter than me, who have moved from the silliness and stupidity current saturating Marvel and DC. I was never into DC except for Batman. As far as Marvel goes.. This is where I'm coming from. I'm a fan of the Xmen, Avengers and even Inhumans.

I'm thinking of getting into Harbinger and Unity but need some guidance there as to what to get and whether this is up my alley considering the teams I'm a fan of. Also thought about X-O Manowar.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By EC2277

I don't know if you have already choose what read, but I think it ought to be useful also for others readers say what I think of the various series.

Quantum & Woody I think it is a title right for readers who like the action mixed with the comicity of Lethal Weapon, because the interactions of the character have dynamics similar to those of Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in the above-quoted movie. I have read only an issue of "Quantum and Woody must die" and I liked it; I give it 7/10.

The Valiant and Bloodshot reborn. The Valiant is a good story of a man (the Eternal Warrior) who have to protect a young woman (Kay) from a demonic enemy. In my opinion it is good (another 7/10), but the real important thing of The Valiant is the impact on the Bloodshot's life: which was totally upset by Kay. I don't want anticipate nothing, but after The Valiant the life of Bloodshot is totally different. Before he was the ultimate killing machine (he was something like to the Wolverine of Weapon X) but now he is again a human being, who doesn't know if he want know who was before to become Bloodshot.

I can say you I liked very much "Bloodshot reborn" 1. So much that I don't know if give it 8 or 9: the arts are awesome (I showed you a picture) and the characterization of Bloodshot, of his torment for what he done, his hesitation in wanting find who was, his use of alcohol and drugs in order to escape from the demons of his memories, his fear to become insane when he sees a person what should be dead, is described with incredible skill; in fact the writer of "Bloodshot reborn" is the same Jeff Lemire who write All New Hawkeye.

Other series I can't say nothing about them, because I didn't read them or I read in a way too distracted for say something. But Dr. Mirage seemed good to me.

Anyway this is the link to the Valiant site. You can use it to understand what are the basic ideas of the various titles

P.S. They aren't Valiant titles, but if you like the fantasy stories like Games of Thrones, I suggest you Artesia and if you like the post-apocaliptic stories I suggest you Winter World of IDW.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@hawk2916: I read all of the titles they have. You can't go wrong no matter what you do. I'd suggest getting trades of the stuff from the beginning to see if you like it. I'd suggest that you start with X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Archer and Armstrong, Harbinger Wars, Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot, Unity, The Valiant, Bloodshot Reborn, Divinity, Imperium. Quantum and Woody is great...you can kinda fit that in wherever. They stick to 9 titles a month as their cap, so it isn't hard to keep up on the whole line once you are caught up. You can also just jump on any of the series whenever you want, but my suggestion is to start from the beginning.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.