carnivalofsins00's Uncanny X-Force #5.1 - Five Point One review

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00

Point One Above the Rest

Uncanny X- Force #5.1 continues the "Point One" initiative Marvel has set.

The Good: Lady Deathstrike is out to destroy Utopia, but Wolverine and the gang won't have it. This is a self contained story and it does great on introducing the current players and just what it is they do exactly. You get some baggage from the previous Apocalypse arc, which to someone who reads this book month in and month out is great. However, new readers who are jumping on this issue won't really get that. We get a lot of action and some really great moments for both Wolverine and Psylocke. This is definitely one of the better Point One issues to have come out, and that's coming from someone who isn't on the Point One bandwagon. Rick Remender is doing wonders with this title altogether.

Something that is synonymous with X- Force is amazing artwork. In this stand alone issue we have Rafael Albuquerque, from American Vampire fame. It looks beautiful, especially when it comes to the action and dismemberment. I would have picked this up for Albuquerque's art alone.

The Bad: Currently in the "regular" title, the team is up against Deathlok. So when exactly does this story take place? I think that is my biggest problem with this issue.

All in All...
You shouldn't skip this point one issue just because it's a point one issue. This is one of the best ones to come, along side Amazing Spider- Man #654.1. Really good writing, really beautiful art. Easy to pick up and a fun read.