Uncanny Avengers Review

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By LipstickZombie

I just read Uncanny Avengers #1 and while I was excited to pick it up, the content left something to be desired. First, I have to say that the comic is defiantly worth following for at least the first few issues. The ending left me eager to read the next issue, (but then again that’s kind of the writer’s job). While the story was a bit dry, it kept me interested throughout the comic. One of the biggest problems I had with the comic was the costume changes. Yes, we all hate Havok’s new look, but Rogue’s new suit looks like a glorified green bath rode. Her hood is up for the entire issue and makes her seem to dark (rather than the tough southern gal that she is). I do, however, like what they’ve done with the Scarlet Witch. They didn’t really change the suit; they just made it sleeker and more practical.

I will say, if they don’t increase the roster by a few members, the comic will go nowhere fast. The team is too small to make any real progress with the characters. Personally, I would love to see some X-Men/Avengers that are normally in the background, step up in this new team. I would love to see Cannonball step into the action.

What do you think? How do you feel about the new costumes? Do you think new members should be added, or do you like the team the way it is? Be sure to leave comments!!

gongdawgblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gongdawgblaze

I'm more of an older, mature reader and I like the new look of the uniforms, personally. The costumes remind me of a real-world, practical look and not so much of the garish, overly flamboyant look that I used to love as a teen. The current look is how I picture superheroes if they existed in the real world. I'll agree somewhat that the roster definitely needs to expand if it helps progress the stories in exciting ways and not just for the sake of some fans' character wish list.

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LipstickZombie

@gongdawgblaze: Well said. I am a younger reader and I can see what you're saying. But I can't get over how BAD Havok's new costume is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.