razzatazz's Uncanny Avengers #1 - New Union review

Avatar image for razzatazz

I prefer lattes

I do not read much Marvel and so I come to this series as a potential reader with the Marvel Now! reboot.  I come to this series specifically because one of the main problems that I have with Marvel is never really having a female character to connect with.  As this series is going to have three female characters which have always had some appeal to me (Rogue, Scarlet Witch and Wasp) I figured that I might give this series a try.  It is evident here that the Avengers vs. X-Men story arc is to continue to play a major role in this series, at least for the time being.  As someone who didn't read any of it and only know of it buy reading synopses elsewhere, it is not really so engaging as a new reader to pick this up.  However, I am willing to give it a chance.  As opposed to the new 52, Marvel is not doing a full reboot and they do have to do some housekeeping from the previous stories.  With that in mind this might be more interesting to those that have been reading the other stories, but any new reader that Marvel is looking to pick up is going to have be patient for the time being.