Follow

Umbrella Academy

Team » Umbrella Academy appears in 31 issues.

Dr. Reginald Hargreeves adopted seven special children and formed a superhero team called the Umbrella Academy.

Umbrella Academy Movie Is Coming

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

What are your thoughts on Umbrella Academy, the comic written by My Chemical Romance singer, Gerard Way?  The Hollywood Reporter has announced that a movie is in the works at Universal and will be written by Mark Bomback.  Bomback is not a stranger to comic adaptions as he wrote the "Constantine" movie.  His other credits include "Live Free Or Die Hard" and "Race To Witch Mountain."  I'm not so sure what to think about this.

Umbrella Academy is a good comic (there's been a couple mini's).  It deals with an alien named Sir Reginald Hargreeves (disguised as a healthy entrepreneur) who adopts some super-powered kids and trains them to save the world.  After his death, they get back together to continue his plan.

I think this can easily make a good movie.  It's just a matter of how it will be made.  I couldn't bring myself to see "Constantine" so the fact that Mark Bomback is writing this concerns me a little.  I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vortex13

I like Umbrella Academy, and Hellblazer. I saw the movie before I read the comic and liked it, after reading the comic I can't stand the movie. I'm honestly not looking forward to this I feel like bringing this comic to the big screen wont work it's too... different like main stream audiences wont like it so they're going to change a lot of it, I'm just not sure.

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Psychotime

I read a few pages of Umbrella Academy, didn't care for it.

Rune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Rune

Movie should do the comic justice it just seems like a natural progression for the story.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Media_Master

here it comes...."meh"

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By methias

So I'm sitting at my desk... at Dark Horse HQ, so there is a good chance I might be assassinated when I post this, but Umbrella Academy was pretty lame.

SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SuperCoonce

cool looking art style.

Avatar image for da_talking_beaver
    Da Talking Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Da Talking Beaver

I happen to like Umbrella Academy but I'm not sure I want to see a movie of it.  

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Toastalchemist

I think a movie would need major special effects and look fake. Also, there are so many better comics to make into movies.

goth_kiss666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By goth_kiss666

despite how much i absolutely love the umbrella academy i do think that it being a movie is going to be the best thing for it atm i just dunno maybe im just worried they wont do it justice or something. there is alot that could go wrong in making this into a movie theres also the fact that many people only like this because of the fact that it was written by gerard way and alot of people that discredit for that same fact, so i think that it should maybe wait a while before becoming a movie.

academy_mcr_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By academy_mcr_
    hOla deseo mucho exito en el comic,todos son muy talentosos,aunque no soy seguidor de los comics m encantaria leer the umbrella academy
    me encanta se ve super interesante,pero yo no encuentro sus tomos en donde vivo(mexico) cuentan con mi apoyo....................bye gracias a ustedes por crear esta historia ............................amo MCR te quiero gerard =)
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xion

Im very open minded about the movie, and to me so far it sounds pretty cool
    SuperDoahBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperDoahBoy

I enjoyed the comic so I'm gonna reserve my judgement till I see if this is even made, but I agree with a few people here. This would be kinda hard to make without looking cheesy with CGI, and maybe there are other books that deserve there own movies but if they stay to true to the source material then it could turn out good...at the least to the fans.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Kairan1979

I'm relieved it was TV series and not the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.