Follow

Ultimates

Team » Ultimates appears in 564 issues.

Originally a group of supersoldiers recruited by Nick Fury as a means of defending the world and protecting America's best interests under the department of Homeland Security. The team at one point distanced themselves from the US government to deal with threats independently but have recently joined back up with S.H.I.E.L.D. Now they serve as the ultimate team to fight any and all disturbances in the Marvel Universe.

What do you think is going to happen in Cataclysm

• 69 results
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself: Yeah, but...he died with Peter...it was the perfect ending to their story. I guess, I'm just shocked because in my head, that was closure. Two stories ending with the same chapter. Hero vs Villain.

I like that but at the same time I think that Miles needs to face Norman at some point...it just has to happen

What if Norman Osborn IS clone saga part 2? Clone Norman!

hmmmm....I'm intrigued.....but why would someone clone Norman?

That's what we'll have to find out! (Or Norman cloned himself in case he ever died)

that could work...or...what if SHIELD did it? The only reason they kept him alive in the first place was to try and learn the secrets of OZ what if they clone him trying to learn about it?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself: Yeah, but...he died with Peter...it was the perfect ending to their story. I guess, I'm just shocked because in my head, that was closure. Two stories ending with the same chapter. Hero vs Villain.

I like that but at the same time I think that Miles needs to face Norman at some point...it just has to happen

That's what we'll have to find out! (Or Norman cloned himself in case he ever died)

that could work...or...what if SHIELD did it? The only reason they kept him alive in the first place was to try and learn the secrets of OZ what if they clone him trying to learn about it?

I could definitely see SHIELD cloning him, that just seems like something they'd do. Either scenario we came up with would be fine with me as long as the Norman Osborn that Miles Morales meets isn't the real Norman who survived his fight with Peter. That would just upset me...

...unless Norman did survive and he's gone crazy over the death of Peter so he tries to clone him so he'll "live" again? Kind of a balancing out the "universe" deal?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#53  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Maybe it'll be 616 Norman Also Ultimate Kain has been seen.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Maybe it'll be 616 Norman Also Ultimate Kain has been seen.

616 Norman jumps to the UU? Hmmm...that's a curious suggestion.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I could definitely see SHIELD cloning him, that just seems like something they'd do. Either scenario we came up with would be fine with me as long as the Norman Osborn that Miles Morales meets isn't the real Norman who survived his fight with Peter. That would just upset me...

...unless Norman did survive and he's gone crazy over the death of Peter so he tries to clone him so he'll "live" again? Kind of a balancing out the "universe" deal?

well we haven't seen Scorpion Peter since the end of the first Clone Saga....I'm guessing he'll be involved in it somehow

Osborn cloning a new Peter would be pretty cool....I don't know if I ever posted this but I thought it would be cool to have a cloned Peter run around for a while....at first he'll believe he really is Peter but over the course of a few issues he'll begin to realize that he isn't and that Miles deserves the Spider-man name and that he can't possibly continue calling himself Peter....May then advises him to call himself Ben Reilly and dye his hair blonde and he becomes the Ultimate Scarlet Spider

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:
    @danhimself said:

well we haven't seen Scorpion Peter since the end of the first Clone Saga....I'm guessing he'll be involved in it somehow

Osborn cloning a new Peter would be pretty cool....I don't know if I ever posted this but I thought it would be cool to have a cloned Peter run around for a while....at first he'll believe he really is Peter but over the course of a few issues he'll begin to realize that he isn't and that Miles deserves the Spider-man name and that he can't possibly continue calling himself Peter....May then advises him to call himself Ben Reilly and dye his hair blonde and he becomes the Ultimate Scarlet Spider

For the longest time I thought Marvel/Bendis has forgotten about Scorpion Peter. So if they haven't, I'll be really surprised when he shows up next.

I would really like having a cloned Peter / Ben Reilly running in the exact scenario you plotted out. I've thought of similar scenarios for that too. The thing is, I don't think the UU is "big" enough anymore to have an Ultimate Scarlet Spider these days, especially in his own book, since there's only Ultimates, Spider-Man, and X-Men, with a majority the UU heroes killed. Apart of me hopes that Cataclysm either does some kind of reboot or resurrects a lot of characters somehow rather than kills more off so it can grow again. Well, now I'm just upset.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    @arturocalakayvee said:
    @danhimself said:

For the longest time I thought Marvel/Bendis has forgotten about Scorpion Peter. So if they haven't, I'll be really surprised when he shows up next.

I would really like having a cloned Peter / Ben Reilly running in the exact scenario you plotted out. I've thought of similar scenarios for that too. The thing is, I don't think the UU is "big" enough anymore to have an Ultimate Scarlet Spider these days, especially in his own book, since there's only Ultimates, Spider-Man, and X-Men, with a majority the UU heroes killed. Apart of me hopes that Cataclysm either does some kind of reboot or resurrects a lot of characters somehow rather than kills more off so it can grow again. Well, now I'm just upset.

Cataclysm could be the beginning of the expansion of the Ultimate Universe....though even as I'm typing that I know it won't happen....the UU works best with as few books as possible....though it would be cool....give him a costume that's either identical to Ben's Spider-man suit or a revamped version of it....I'd like to see him in the hoodie but I think it would be best to give him something similar to the original Spider-man costume but not exactly the same....keep him as just a guest in Miles' book for a while then either keep him in New York or move him to another city with the launch of Ultimate Comics Scarlet Spider...think of all the people who aren't reading UCSM because of Miles or the people not reading Superior because of SpOck....I imagine that atleast some of them would gladly read a book with even a cloned version of Ultimate Peter Parker

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

Cataclysm could be the beginning of the expansion of the Ultimate Universe....though even as I'm typing that I know it won't happen....the UU works best with as few books as possible....though it would be cool....give him a costume that's either identical to Ben's Spider-man suit or a revamped version of it....I'd like to see him in the hoodie but I think it would be best to give him something similar to the original Spider-man costume but not exactly the same....keep him as just a guest in Miles' book for a while then either keep him in New York or move him to another city with the launch of Ultimate Comics Scarlet Spider...think of all the people who aren't reading UCSM because of Miles or the people not reading Superior because of SpOck....I imagine that atleast some of them would gladly read a book with even a cloned version of Ultimate Peter Parker

You have a point there about people gladly reading a book with a cloned version of Peter, especially since Ben seems to have such a huge fan base. I think a good start to this would be making Ultimate Spider-Man a legitimate team book. Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Cloak and Dagger, and Bombshell with clone Peter joining soon after whatever issue 200 / Clone Saga 2 is until he gets a solid fan base to support his own on going. As for the costume...I'm not a big fan of Miles' suit, so I would hope the design is very different. A mix of the hoodie suit with his Spider-Man suit would be awesome. I always felt the hoodie suit was a little TOO red, regardless of still loving it. If it had the red suit with some blue decals, that could really work.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@danhimself said:

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/66240096604/some-time-ago-you-mentioned-something-about-a-ultimate

Anonymous asked: Some time ago you mentioned something about a "Ultimate Spider-Man "#200", is it still happening?

Yes! It was officially approved today actually

we are very excited

also found this where they say that Miles will be meeting Norman Osborn in issue 200 of Ultimate Spider-man

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/comics/sdcc-galactus-invade-ultimate-marvel-universe-spider-men-sequel-announced-more/64026

and this where he hints at an Ultimate Clone Saga sequel also starting in issue 200

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/44039493258/any-change-of-a-ultimate-scarlet-spider-maybe-a-second

just goes to show that we are definitely getting a 200th issue of Ultimate Spider-man

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?
    2. Ultimate Clone Saga 2 sounds awesome...perhaps we'll see real versions of UU Ben or UU Kaine?
    3. I still love the Ultimate Universe.

Sorry guys, http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=74462

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/66240096604/some-time-ago-you-mentioned-something-about-a-ultimate

Anonymous asked: Some time ago you mentioned something about a "Ultimate Spider-Man "#200", is it still happening?

we are very excited

also found this where they say that Miles will be meeting Norman Osborn in issue 200 of Ultimate Spider-man

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/comics/sdcc-galactus-invade-ultimate-marvel-universe-spider-men-sequel-announced-more/64026

and this where he hints at an Ultimate Clone Saga sequel also starting in issue 200

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/44039493258/any-change-of-a-ultimate-scarlet-spider-maybe-a-second

just goes to show that we are definitely getting a 200th issue of Ultimate Spider-man

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?
    2. Ultimate Clone Saga 2 sounds awesome...perhaps we'll see real versions of UU Ben or UU Kaine?

Sorry guys, http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=74462

my link is straight from Bendis himself and it was posted 3 days ago....yours is from cbr and is from February

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we are very excited

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?

No Caption Provided

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By evilvegeta74

@arturocalakayvee said:
    @evilvegeta74 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we are very excited

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?

No Caption Provided

I guess we will have to see, but I haven't gotten any other false info from here! Just saying! By the way you can take it for what it is I don't work there, so don't tell me I'm wrong, take it up with he site!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we are very excited

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?

my link is straight from Bendis himself and it was posted 3 days ago....yours is from cbr and is from February

Yeah I saw this and posted it way back then , you can check the credibility , it's just a link to something I ran across!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we are very excited

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?

Yeah I saw this and posted it way back then , you can check the credibility , it's just a link to something I ran across!

yeah but this is from Bendis himself saying that issue 200 of Ultimate Spider-man was approved last week....I think that trumps a speculative piece from Bleeding Cool

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By evilvegeta74

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we are very excited

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?

yeah but this is from Bendis himself saying that issue 200 of Ultimate Spider-man was approved last week....I think that trumps a speculative piece from Bleeding Cool

I don't doubt it at all! Again It's a link and up to you to take anyway you choose, or ignore it! If Bleeding isn't a reliable source to you then that's fine.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we are very excited

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?

I don't doubt it at all! Again It's a link and up to you to take anyway you choose, or ignore it! If Bleeding isn't a reliable source to you then that's fine.

I just don't think that they're as reliable as the writer of the series

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we are very excited

THIS NEWS IS EXCITING.

But wait:

1. ISN'T OSBORN DEAD!?

I just don't think that they're as reliable as the writer of the series

I remember when they reported that Dc wanted to kill off John Stewart too, you see where that went!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

asked Bendis a question yesterday...got an answer today...not really an answer but oh well

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/66520234902/the-current-speculation-is-that-the-ultimate-universe

danshead asked: The current speculation is that the Ultimate Universe will be coming to an end with Cataclysm. I'm someone who desperately doesn't want that to happen and someone who doesn't believe it will. Can you say anything that might put those rumors to rest? I know you can't spoil anything and I don't want you to but it would be great to have some hope.

I will tell you that the cataclysm ultimate Spiderman miniseriesIt which I believe starts next week is a very important chapter in that characters life.

a very very very important chapter.

when you’re getting e-mails from the colorist that says: holy shit!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

asked Bendis a question yesterday...got an answer today...not really an answer but oh well

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/66520234902/the-current-speculation-is-that-the-ultimate-universe

danshead asked: The current speculation is that the Ultimate Universe will be coming to an end with Cataclysm. I'm someone who desperately doesn't want that to happen and someone who doesn't believe it will. Can you say anything that might put those rumors to rest? I know you can't spoil anything and I don't want you to but it would be great to have some hope.

I will tell you that the cataclysm ultimate Spiderman miniseriesIt which I believe starts next week is a very important chapter in that characters life.

a very very very important chapter.

when you’re getting e-mails from the colorist that says: holy shit!

I've been thinking about asking him questions on his tumblr. Only reason I don't is because I know I'll get an answer like that, very vague.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so I wonder what's to stop them from firing the same weapon that they used against Gah Lak Tus at Galactus...there's no way that he could take a Big Bang Bullet to the face and not run away

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By danhimself
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.