Follow

Ultimates

Team » Ultimates appears in 564 issues.

Originally a group of supersoldiers recruited by Nick Fury as a means of defending the world and protecting America's best interests under the department of Homeland Security. The team at one point distanced themselves from the US government to deal with threats independently but have recently joined back up with S.H.I.E.L.D. Now they serve as the ultimate team to fight any and all disturbances in the Marvel Universe.

Obama in the Ultimate U, Marvel Republican?

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

We've seen the commander in chief be controlled by pietro, whilst holding his head in his hands like a scared child, we've seen him now in the ultimates, make what are clearly boneheaded decisions. I can only wonder, is this Marvel being payed off by the Republicans to inspire hate for our current president? The very same company who made an ASM comic, specifically for the inauguration of said president? It seems mighty strange, how he seems to continuously be called on in this title to look like a fool. As though they are trying to make Obama be reflected in comics, thus calling the real deal a fool who can't handle the pressure of running the free world and wages war out of that fear, ironically I feel like I'm describing our republican president prior. I'm not taking sides, elephant, donkey, whatever. But why such idiocy, why the negative portrayal? not for the sake of the story, the need for conflict within, but because comics are an openly bought merchandise of registered voters. and if he's colored that way in the book, he'll be seen that way in real life.

At best Marvel is just abunch of pimps and prostitutes that act like cowards and take sides with whoevers on the winning side at the time.

at worst, they got a pay off from the republican party early on and are just doing their part on the contract like the greedy slobs they are.

My only real question is this: If he were John Mccaine, would the outcome be the same?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

This is the most hilarious political/comics thread I have ever seen.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Someone must have read the latest Ultimates...

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

Well you've got the city and tian doing who know what. Shield has proven to be useless against both. All the Nimrods. And the president can't be rash and make a bad call when all this happens?

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Novemberx2

Actually Obama isn't the President in the ultimate universe. Its a completely fictional character. You see if you read Ultimate Avengers v New Ultimates, you'll see the president isn't obama, In most current ultimate titles (before his death) he's drawn in the shade so we never see him.

i don't think it matters anyway from an ideological point useing the Nimrods or firing all the nukes at the city does not make him any conservative or liberal in nature. To quote Howard MacMillian:

"Events, dear boy, events"

This means that at the end of the day ideological and political views means very little when it comes to rapidly changing events.

Also.... Back in old days, Millar portrayed Bush as being very pro mutant, which is something a republic would not be

Finally, if marvel wanted some favors from a republic government they would lobby them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.