deactivated-5fbfd5d291164's Ultimate Spider-Man: Power and Responsibility #1 - Power and Responsibility review

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

As far as comics go this one is a solid read.

So today I was in lunch sitting around bored (I am now back in high school as I write this.) So I was like "Yo, homies we needta head up ta da library, yo!" (No I don't actually speak like that.) So we went to the library, and I was looking at some Stephen King books. After awhile I looked around and saw the graphic novel section and I picked up a few along with Doctor Sleep. One of the comics I picked up was this one. Now personally I am not a huge Bendis fan, most of his work to me is below average, I do enjoy his Daredevil and Alias, and now this.

As far as plots go this one really isn't inventing the next `wheel` so to speak. If I had to guess Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man is probably one of those books that're amazing as one HUGE story, so this story works as a nice simple story. It's a story you've heard before but done better by Bendis and co. Peter Parker gets bit by a radioactive spider, his uncle dies and he's like "NOOOO! I MUST FIGHT, IN HIS MEMORY!!! YEAH! SUPERHEROICS!" but Bendis makes it work and adds in his own twists that're new to his version. You also have a funny Spider-Man, a wise Uncle Ben, an entertaining Flash Thomspon among a whole slew of great characters.

As far as Bagley's art goes I was pretty impressed. Everything looked "entertaining" I know that doesn't really describe art usually but.. read it and tell me you don't want to jump up and down like a mexican jumping bean because this art has you hyped? Right?! Good stuff, I feel I should mention that some of the characters look somewhat dated already, maybe it's just me though.

So yeah 4/5 for me a really solid story just not "WOW! ERRYBODY NEEDS TO READ THIS!"

Other reviews for Ultimate Spider-Man: Power and Responsibility #1 - Power and Responsibility

Perfect for new readers 0

I think this first volume of Ultimate Spider-Man is a great starting point for new readers. I've been a long time fan of Spider-Man and I really enjoyed this reboot of the series. Ultimate Spider-Man brings us back to the beginning of Peter Parker's adventures - without having to go through decades of backstory - and it is adapted to modern times, which I thought was well done.  In my opinion, the only downside of this first volume is the slow pace at the beginning of the story. It takes a bit o...

Ultimate Spider-man begins 0

Contains issues 1-7."With great power, comes great responsibility." That same quote still applies in this new Ultimate universe of Spider-man. The Ultimate Universe was made for new comic readers in attempt to reboot the Marvel series. It was also an attempt of retelling one of Marvel's iconic hero. When fans first heard about this idea, there was a mixed reaction. However, things changed when the first issues came out. For some time, Ultimate Spider-man outsold the mainstream Spider-man co...