scylla's Ultimate Spider-Man #127 - War of the Symbiotes, Part 5 review

Avatar image for scylla

Rate of Exchange

For some reason I missed this issue and now I finally got my hands on it.First off, I know it's been almost 2 years this issue appeared but I still think no matter when an issue appears still worth writing a review.
So,this is the semi-final(or final because the next one is the conclusion) of the War of the Symbiotes story arc, and the semi final arc of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics because the next one is ULTIMATUM which...well everyone knows what happens...
So we got to see Dr.Curt Conners again after like 50(?) issues of absence and he is in prison where he is being released by non other than S.H.I.E.L.D. and Tony Stark so he can take a look at Gwen Stacy who was killed by the maniac creature called Carnage and the interesting part is that Dr.Conners himself created that thing from Peter's blood and once the creature killed her, it absorbed her essence making an almost perfect clone of her.Before they can convince her to "release" the monster within her, the building becomes a battleground as Norman Osborn aka. the Green Goblin escapes from his cell and flees with some inmates. with this becomes clear that this arc plays or better said, is set before the Death of a Goblin story arc.
 The interesting part comes when Peter and MJ are caught making out by Eddie Brock who orders Peter to retrieve the symbiote suit for him or he will expose him.Not knowing what to do, Peter digs on the net at the Daily Bugle only to find nothing and upon his arrival home non other waits for him than Gwen Stacy asking for help...
Overall 4.5 out of 5 stars.