The Reservation X 'Twenty'?

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I finally caught up in Ultimate Comics X-Men, I felt their part in Divided We Fall and United We Stand were very rushed, and I feel pretty heavily disappointed that it appears Spencer's 'God' and 'Apocalypse' plotlines have been completely abandoned; but so far I'm absolutely LOVING Reservation X. But this isn't my main point because I have one lingering concern, or rather a question. We're told frequently that the mutant population has been reduced to Twenty. Of course this is probably disregarding any potential stragglers, but that's neither here nor there. There are supposed to be twenty mutants to determine the future of their race living on Reservation X. Yet when they showcase supposedly all of them at the leadership voting, I only counted 15. Does anybody have a list of all 20 Reservation X mutants? It would've been really nice of Marvel to provide one in the recap page, especially since the number keeps getting thrown around with such significance. They had a map during the crossover showing what states were allied where, they can't give us a list of 'The Twenty Mutants?'

tojoegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tojoegonzo

So I was thinking about this too. I think they might be talking about the number of people that were in Kitty's army have been reduced to 20.

If they mean in all of america then I think the other 5 would be the mutants that went to the SEAR. Also Colossos is missing, I think if he gave up his powers they would have at least shown him on the line.

Hopefully, there are still mutants living in America who kept their powers but weren't radical enough to leave the country. So that the number 20 they keep referring to is just Kitty's followers. If not then this storyline is interesting but ridiculous. I don't see why they had to make the number so low.

My last peeve is that no one has mentioned the complete death of Xavier's dream. Or that Ororo hasn't mentioned their time in the X-Men and having known Kitty when she was younger and untrained (14?). It would seem that between Ororo, Bobby, and Kitty that someone would mention that this isn't the world they fought for originally.

As for a list:

Colossus

Karen Grant (Jean Grey)

Derek Morgan, gargoyle guy from Ultimate X

Theodore "Teddy" Allan, son of blob from Ultimate X

Firestar (Liz Allen)

Havok, (Alex Summers) last seen in mental ward

Pietro (who apparently started the whole Nimrod thing but they dropped that) and Mystique who was recruiting for the Brotherhood in Ultimate X.

Wanda, Cyclops, Xavier, Magento may all be dead/imaginary/horsemen

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By John Valentine

@tojoegonzo said:

So I was thinking about this too. I think they might be talking about the number of people that were in Kitty's army have been reduced to 20.

If they mean in all of america then I think the other 5 would be the mutants that went to the SEAR. Also Colossos is missing, I think if he gave up his powers they would have at least shown him on the line.

Hopefully, there are still mutants living in America who kept their powers but weren't radical enough to leave the country. So that the number 20 they keep referring to is just Kitty's followers. If not then this storyline is interesting but ridiculous. I don't see why they had to make the number so low.

My last peeve is that no one has mentioned the complete death of Xavier's dream. Or that Ororo hasn't mentioned their time in the X-Men and having known Kitty when she was younger and untrained (14?). It would seem that between Ororo, Bobby, and Kitty that someone would mention that this isn't the world they fought for originally.

As for a list:

Colossus

Karen Grant (Jean Grey)

Firestar (Liz Allen)

Pietro (who apparently started the whole Nimrod thing but they dropped that) and Mystique who was recruiting for the Brotherhood in Ultimate X.

What about Sabertooth, Xorn and Zorn?

tojoegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tojoegonzo

@John Valentine: Yep I forgot them. But Xorn/Zorn are part of that whole Chinese off-brand mutant group. There are still a bunch of them. And then there are all the Mutants in other countries.

So I think there are still mutants in the world, its not as dire as Main Marvel Utopia, but they wanted to make the situation in the US seem dire as well as boil it down to a core group to focus on.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

@tojoegonzo said:

As for a list:

Colossus

Karen Grant (Jean Grey)

Firestar (Liz Allen)

I think you misunderstood my question. I agreed that the 20 mentioned is probably Kitty's followers in Utopia, and that any potential stragglers are unaccounted for, but I've only counted 15 in Utopia. I'd want a list of the 20 they keep talking about because I can only find 15.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.