Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08 said:

@granitesoldier:

Biggest gripe of the entire franchise: in the first movie Tyrese Gibson (the Air Force Combat Controller with the Army guys) is a Tech Sergeant, an E-6. In the second...taking place only a year or two or a few years at most later...he's a Chief Master Sergeant, an E-9 and the highest enlisted rank in the USAF. That drove me insane. Basically they looked at a high rank that sounded cool and gave it to him hoping the audience had no idea what it meant. I suppose it works for the average moviegoer, but it bothers the hell out of me. Nitpicky I guess.

No Caption Provided

Yeah big problem lol. But I hate when Hollywood does zero research on something (usually military related) and translates it onto the screen. It's not hard!

Explosions take precedence over accuracy damnit!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

@wolverine08: In a Michael Bay film? Yeah, they do. The only one of his movies I actually enjoy, for some reason, is Bad Boys II.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Because they insist on having way too many human characters. Reduce the number of humans down to a core group of ancillary characters and focus more on the bots and their war and you instantly have a great sci-fi movie. The humans are the worst part of this franchise.

We never get to fully enjoy the movie versions of the characters we grew up loving because they focus too much on the humans and their reactions to the bots.

Amem

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of stereotypes?

Like Mudflap and Skids (ugh!)?

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one I saw in theaters was the first back when I was in college. I was disappointed then. Felt jumbled and incoherent. I saw the other two on tv...made even less sense. The entire thing was structured around these awesome robots but without reason or purpose so...it was a mess. I expected more of the same with this one, and now unfortunately they dragged my favorite childhood transformer into the fray (Grimlock)! I may watch this on Netflix or something when it makes it to there. Biggest gripe of the entire franchise: in the first movie Tyrese Gibson (the Air Force Combat Controller with the Army guys) is a Tech Sergeant, an E-6. In the second...taking place only a year or two or a few years at most later...he's a Chief Master Sergeant, an E-9 and the highest enlisted rank in the USAF. That drove me insane. Basically they looked at a high rank that sounded cool and gave it to him hoping the audience had no idea what it meant. I suppose it works for the average moviegoer, but it bothers the hell out of me. Nitpicky I guess.

I want to like the Transformers movies, I really do. But I feel like they insult my intelligence with how random and how little sense the plots make. Plus the dialogue is always, always, awful.

Agreed on all points. This movie sounds pretty much like what I expected, which isn't much, and I'm the same way about Bay's TMNT film(funny that he has two movies coming out at this time- money money money!! That's what it's all about. We're all walking dollar signs to him, but I don't play well into that.) I knew that both these movies were going be train-wrecks(very expensive train-wrecks with Bay explosions), just like their predecessors- but let's face it, these train-wrecks will make lots of money. I once asked my dad, "How can people be lining up around the block to see these mediocre movies?" And I'll never forget his reply: "Because everybody wants to see a train-wreck, son." Nuff said.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Can someone confirm for me whether or not the Dinobots speak other than just the usual growls and snarls?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Ironically I am actually interested in TMNT, but Bay didn't have a hand in any of the writing/direction for that one so I'm hopeful haha.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Not getting any of my money. Saw the first one, which was good, but I knew from watching the trailers from the 2nd and 3rd films that they were going to be bad so didn't bother paying to watch them. And I can say the same for this one. Saving my money for GOTG.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Chibi_cute

Transformers is a product commercial and a military recruitment ad rolled into one.. pretty sure a sequel is on the works TRANSFORMERS 5 AGE OF THE FALLEN..

AND STILL WAITING FOR A PACIFIC RIM SEQUEL..

thats why we can't have nice things.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers is a product commercial and a military recruitment ad rolled into one.. pretty sure a sequel is on the works TRANSFORMERS 5 AGE OF THE FALLEN..

AND STILL WAITING FOR A PACIFIC RIM SEQUEL..

thats why we can't have nice things.

April 7, 2017

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

All I care about is Dinobots and they were sweet so I'm happy.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By pikachumonster
    lynxbearaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why not give someone else the permission to direct?

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Ironically I am actually interested in TMNT, but Bay didn't have a hand in any of the writing/direction for that one so I'm hopeful haha.

There may be some good nuggets in there if Bay didn't have anything to do with the writing..but the Turtles still look weird to me, though. They're the biggest ninjas I've ever seen. Isn't there a weight limit on ninjas? Seriously though, I might look into TMNT far faster than I would this film. I swore I wasn't going to spend any more money on any other TF films under Bay's direction after the second train-wreck..I mean, movie.

Not getting any of my money. Saw the first one, which was good, but I knew from watching the trailers from the 2nd and 3rd films that they were going to be bad so didn't bother paying to watch them. And I can say the same for this one. Saving my money for GOTG.

I hear ya, bro! My hard-earned sheckels is going to see GOTG! The only other film I've physically gone out to the movies to see this "movie season" was Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which was worth every freakin' penny. Can't wait 'til Sept. for its release. I know GOTG is gonna rock as well! If it doesn't, I'll pull a Werner Herzog and cook and eat my shoe. But I'm willing to take that bet since it's Marvel Studios.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make a trilogy based on the entire war for Cybertron. C'mon now.

Not with Bay, though.

roguejedi74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see so many people voicing their disgust for this film. I grew up on the cartoon and I want this to be good but it just isn't. Maybe one day they can reboot this and make it worth my while.

Here are my reasons for disliking the films and the changes that need to be made:

• Director - Michael Bay = New director
    • Lead Actor - Shia Labeouf = Good move bringing in Walburg
    • Lead Actress - Megan Fox = Brought in a new chick doing the same annoying crap as the last films
    • Non-robot combatants = I just don't see how we would be able to fight robots like that from another planet
    • Optimums Prime = Should be the lead in this film. He should be the smartest and play an emotional heartfelt character. I feel like he is written and acted better in the cartoon

I could go on but what is the point. People will flock to this film. Maybe I could go watch a GI Joe movie. Of wait, that is terrible too :)

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MAZAHS117

This review reads more like a 2star but was given 3 out of 4 stars

........Seems that even tho the plot and acting is horrible (as expected -_-), the action and visuals over-compensate for that.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one problem with less humans in this movies the studios would never go for it.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So not worth the cash. I couldn't wait for the movie to end lol.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#73  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@shazam117 said:

This review reads more like a 2star but was given 3 out of 4 stars

........Seems that even tho the plot and acting is horrible (as expected -_-), the action and visuals over-compensate for that.

3 out of 5. ;) If I could give half-stars, I'd go with a 2.5. I wouldn't say the acting is "horrible" as opposed to there's some pretty cringeworthy dialogue at times and, as expected, the plot's a mess and they could have trimmed at least 15 minutes. That said, it's shot well, the visuals are great, some of the humor is enjoyable, it gives us a ton of action and brings a couple of neat developments to the mythos. If you go into a movie theater and ask for a ticket to Transformers 4, I imagine that's exactly what most people are expecting (big, dumb fun) and, for the most part, it does deliver on those and then some.

.@twix_right_side said:

What kind of stereotypes?

Like Mudflap and Skids (ugh!)?

I will say it's VERY toned down in this regard compared to the other movies.

@fresh_prince said:

So not worth the cash. I couldn't wait for the movie to end lol.

Yeah, the runtime is unnecessarily long.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly this will have spoilers

People complained the old ones were too focused on the humans. I don't see how this was any different, except at least in the last one, even though people HATED shia, he had some sort of emotional bond with bumble bee. This movie the humans and the bots have no attachment what so ever. The auto bots don't let them forget that, and personally I would have the same mindset as them. The only difference now is that the movie was 3 hours long which means more time to see Mark try to be a dad and learn how to get along with his daughters boyfriend. Not actually sure the moral of the story here? the lesson to be learned is mistakes, but no one seemed to learn from theirs, they were just forced to stay alive.

And the precious dino bots everyone was so excited to see because the bad ass grimlock is back in action. he has no lines and he had 10 -15 mins of actual screen time. Im being generous. He was this bad ass leader from what I have seen ( i don't know too much about him to be honest) in the games he was pretty bad ass, and seeing people online go on and on how no one messes with him....come movie time

optimus basically tells him to help him or they would die and then punches him in the face LOL. Grimlock was treated pretty much like a dog, a pet that optimus had to show who was boss.

The autobots literally had no reason to help anyone, they announced over and over how they didn't want to but they went along with it anyway.

and then there is the cliche bad guy plot. "We hate transformers, so we will make a deal with ones we have never seen before, who clearly tell us over and over deals go south, and people can't be trusted...to use technology we don't understand, to make more! NAILED IT"

"the robot I am building keeps automatically making itself look like Megatron....well this is a problem but better keep going!"

the humans i this movie were just the absolute worst, I actually wanted to see them enslaved, ungrateful. you would think after the last movie where they were duped and sent the autobots off world and then the autobots STILL came back to save them they would have some sort of respect/gratefulness, but nope!

I went in with low expectations, should have went in with lower, BUT the action scenes were amazing, I will give it props for that.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wolverine08 said:

@granitesoldier:

Biggest gripe of the entire franchise: in the first movie Tyrese Gibson (the Air Force Combat Controller with the Army guys) is a Tech Sergeant, an E-6. In the second...taking place only a year or two or a few years at most later...he's a Chief Master Sergeant, an E-9 and the highest enlisted rank in the USAF. That drove me insane. Basically they looked at a high rank that sounded cool and gave it to him hoping the audience had no idea what it meant. I suppose it works for the average moviegoer, but it bothers the hell out of me. Nitpicky I guess.

No Caption Provided

Yeah big problem lol. But I hate when Hollywood does zero research on something (usually military related) and translates it onto the screen. It's not hard!

Eh all military personnel are glorified gun monkeys anyway. What is there to research >:) ?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: You seeing this?

As a Transformers fan, I feel obliged to, but I don't have any high hopes T_T

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux: Watch it for the daughter!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By laflux
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was very meh over this movie....it seemed like everything the Transformers said was designed as a soundbite and not actual dialogue and I really didn't care about the characters at all

this is mostly my love of the original designs speaking but the biggest problem that I've had with the films has been the generic designs of their robot forms...the G1 designs are nothing short of iconic for most people you could take G1 Optimus Prime's body and switch his head with any other character and you would be able to identify that it was Prime's body and 99% of the time you could even identify the head of the character...with these films it seems that they've changed the designs just so they could change them without really keeping anything iconic about them....I mean where has Megatron's Fusion Cannon been? that's arguably the most iconic visual aspect of the character and not once has it been present in the films

to me it just seems like Michael Bay doesn't really care about the source material at all and is just using character names and that's it

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. They didn't show the Quintessons!!! The closest thing to them was a muscle hand.

Ultra_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was very meh over this movie....it seemed like everything the Transformers said was designed as a soundbite and not actual dialogue and I really didn't care about the characters at all

this is mostly my love of the original designs speaking but the biggest problem that I've had with the films has been the generic designs of their robot forms...the G1 designs are nothing short of iconic for most people you could take G1 Optimus Prime's body and switch his head with any other character and you would be able to identify that it was Prime's body and 99% of the time you could even identify the head of the character...with these films it seems that they've changed the designs just so they could change them without really keeping anything iconic about them....I mean where has Megatron's Fusion Cannon been? that's arguably the most iconic visual aspect of the character and not once has it been present in the films

to me it just seems like Michael Bay doesn't really care about the source material at all and is just using character names and that's it

Thats why I'm happy I have yet to be forced to appear in the films. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the Hound I know, Hound was a scout and very kind. This new Hound was the exact opposite, he was a trigger happy warrior who has no resemblance to Hound. And thats just the start for the characters that have suffered in the movies.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm tired of Michael Bay's Transformers. Won't be seeing it in theaters.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#87  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

So are we seeing Primus and Unicron next time around? Also i kinda felt it was less serious this time around. I liked it though not as much as 1 &3 but better than 2. I'm probably the worst Transformers fan ever. Lol :P

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

People need to stop saying you have to turn your brain off for movies. It's not our job to dumb ourselves down so the bad seems good, or passable.

It's the film-maker's job to make it legitimately good. If they don't, let's call it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked this movie very much.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoyed this movie, sort of:

The sort of isn't because of the movie, it's because of the cinema.

First, when we should have been in the cinema, we were held back for 20 minutes for no reason at all, when we finally got in, things went really south.

The movie began playing from the end, so we saw all of the main villains being killed off, saw the ending basically before the start.

At this point, i asked for my money back, it didn't happen obviously, so we sat back down and started the movie from the beginning, and gosh dangit, it was amazing, right until the sound went all english translated chinese movie.

Whenever yeager spoke, you heard Grimlock roaring or Optimus shouting, when Optimus spoke, all you heard was "DAAAAAAD'', it really ruined my experience, especially since the Dinobots had just been introduced when it happened...

EPYON8675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I enjoyed the film thought it was way better than Dark of the Moon. The new characters were neat and we finally get the Dinobots after they were suppose to appear in the second film. Either way you got to be a fan of the series and known the mythology of the franchise to understand. Also the focus of humans is what were going to get until the day they make a full on animated or CGI film. Oh wait they already made a film like that to end Prime last year and my opinion was not a fine way to end the series. So you either enjoy it the story or the action, but I'll say this Michael Bay may not be the best director for the future of the films but at least he made or childhood heroes come to life on the big screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.