Follow

Top Cow Productions

Publisher »

Top Cow Productions (a comic book publisher partnered with Image Comics) is best known for titles such as Cyberforce, The Darkness, and Witchblade.

Trying to get into TOP Cow, any recommendation

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I recently got my hands on a top cow comic book series, The Artifacts, and by all that is holy the arts looks gorgeous. Didnt read it just strolled thru the picture.

So i am been pretty exclusively a reader for Marvel And DC, mostly marvel, i wanna get into TOP Cow universe, any recommendation on where to start, presumably not too far back coz those comics might be pretty tedious to collect.

Any help?

Can anyone give me some suggests on where to start and what series to start from?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@killemall: I'd definitely read Artifacts it's pretty good, the only other Top Cows are that are worth reading are The Darkness and Witchblade.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@killemall: I got into the darkness he's suppose to be uber powerful but hasn't shown it yet at least in his own series.

IIRC @nelomaxwell is an avid reader he may be able to better refer you.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tomasmaclgh

Same here. I want to get into the Top Cow U but don't know where to start.

Should I start from issues #1? Which titles? And are there many crossovers and events?

Also, is Cyber Force set in the same universe as Witchblade or in the future?

Thanks.

Kondorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 13

Late reply, but better late than never :D

I would suggest to pick up the Witchblade Origins Trades (Vol.1-Vol.3) and Darkness Origin Trades (Vol.1-Vol.4)... after these, there was a lot of nonsense (fun nonessential nonsense) that you might want to skip in order to get to the good stuff...

I also would recommend the trades Magdalena Origins Volume 1 and 2 and Tom Judge Rupture.

And then we get to the really good stuff... meaning the Witchblade Volume 1 to Volume 7 (all by Ron Marz) and the Artifacts Origins Trade.
    All this comes to a close with Witchblade Redemption Vol 1 to Vol 4 and Artifacts Vol 1 to Vol 3.

After This you have the Rebirth Event where one of the Top Cow heroes makes a mess of the universe... also a great read...

If you want a very detailed reading order... check my 3 lists chronologing the Top Cow universe link.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.