Follow

Top Cow Productions

Publisher »

Top Cow Productions (a comic book publisher partnered with Image Comics) is best known for titles such as Cyberforce, The Darkness, and Witchblade.

<3 Top Cow

Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 8

Edited By Baal Zak
    LOS ANGELES, Calif., December 29, 2008 – Top Cow Productions, Inc. announced today it will launch the Let Us Win YOU Over initiative in February 2009 that will see the publisher distribute thousands of free comics a month to new readers through participating retailers across the United States and Canada.

Over the course of the yearlong promotion, Top Cow will send 200 free comics each to 25 comic book stores per month (a total of 5,000 free comics per month). Each month, a different set of stores, each month a different free comic. The stores will be spread out geographically and demographically.

Combined with the books it plans to give away during Free Comic Book Day on May 2, 2009 and the many books Top Cow gives away at various conventions across the country, the publisher stands to give away up to 200,000 free comics during the year.

Top Cow’s goal with the Let Us Win YOU Over initiative is threefold: to invite new readers to give Top Cow comics a try and win them over to their line of titles; to generate buzz and excitement for fans and the retailers they support; and to pump some much-needed energy into an industry not immune to the current economic crisis.

“We feel strongly that Top Cow titles are the best they’ve ever been and it’s important for to invite readers and retailers to discover why,” explained Top Cow Publisher Filip Sablik. “While our competitors are straining the wallet of the average fan, Top Cow is making it easy to try new comics.”

So as to not slight existing readers who are already buying Top Cow titles, the publisher will also ship each participating store exclusive Customer Appreciation covers for each subscriber of that month’s free comic. It will be limited exclusively to the subscriber fans at the participating stores for that month.

Top Cow initially opened the Let Us Win YOU Over program to members of the comics retailer group, ComicsPRO, because of the organization’s commitment to banding together to ensure a strong and healthy retailer community.“ComicsPRO retailers are eager to support this innovative promotion, with the hope of proving that new ideas can lead to new readers for quality titles,” said ComicsPRO President Joe Field. “Our mutual goals with this program are to expose thousands of new eyes to Top Cow's singular brand of comics and to lead more readers to enjoying Top Cow comics and buying them from ComicsPRO member stores.”

“Our stores always looks for great ways to promote comics and connect readers to new stories they might not have given a second thought to before in the past,” said Michael Malve, owner of Arizona-based chain Atomic Comics and a member of ComicsPRO. “So when we heard of this very progressive marketing idea that Top Cow was coming up with, well, let’s just say we were one of the first to dive in.”

“We at Atomic Comics have worked hand in hand with many publishers over our 22 years in the business,” Malve added. “And in that time, Top Cow has been one of the easiest to work with. They have always made themselves available to retailers and listened to our concerns, as most recently noted in their $2.99 in 2009 announcement. I really look forward to this promotion and I hope other retailers embrace and take full advantage of a great opportunity that Top Cow is offering us with their Let us Win YOU Over campaign.”

Retailers who are not members of ComicsPRO and are interested in participating will be able to sign up through their Diamond Comics Distributors customer service representative in the next several weeks.
    Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Baal Zak

The cow always thinking in the fans :)

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Final Arrow

Great Idea by a great company WOOT. shame I stay in the uk

Saint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Saint

One of the reasons why Top Cow is one of my favourite publishers =) More people should read their comics.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Great idea.... However, I'm still not reading anything from that company... Everything is Darkness or Tomb Raider.... Less sex more story please

Give Urban Myths its own book

Or better yet.... BRING BACK COMMON GROUNDS (caps=yelling)

Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Baal Zak

@Final Arrow

:D well, I live in Peru, so it could be pretty difficult for me to get those comics :P

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Final Arrow
    inferiorego said:
    "Great idea.... However, I'm still not reading anything from that company... Everything is Darkness or Tomb Raider.... Less sex more story please

Give Urban Myths its own book

Or better yet.... BRING BACK COMMON GROUNDS (caps=yelling)
    "

You should widen your look on the company, Impaler,Freshman, First Born and berserker all great stories.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Oops, forgot Freshman.... I was going to write that down originally.

Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baal Zak

Darkness? Nah, poor Jackie is almost a celibate now xDD
    But I agree with you that Urban Myths MUST have its own book, and of course Impaler is also a great title.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.