Hank and Schaal arrive at the small mining town of Coalwalls, situated within the borders of New Patria. Cain has made the town a Divine Protectorate under the aegis of the Incarnate Griffin, whom Hank has come to kill. But once in Coalwalls they encounter Faun, daughter of the former mine owner and leader of a gang of roughnecks who are fighting to take back what New Patria has stolen from them. This is a hard place, where no one can live on kindness alone ... How far will Faun go to regain what was taken from her? And will she side with the man who has come to kill the Incarnate Griffin—who was once her father, Francis Wells?
- Chapter 48: The Griffin's Gold (Pt. 1)
- Chapter 49: The Griffin's Gold (Pt. 2)
- Chapter 50: The Griffin's Gold (Pt. 3)
- Chapter 51: The Griffin's Gold (Pt. 4)
- Chapter 52: The Griffin's Gold (Pt. 5)
Note: The digital edition (4/28/2020) for this volume was released before the print edition.