inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    With Osiris back in town, that makes this little diddy a Brightest Day tie-in. These new Titans are all formed up with the intention on killing the Atom, Ryan Choi. who survives? Who bites the bucket? Is the tension so great that you'll be unable to finish the comic? 

The Good

I don't know whether I like or dislike this book. I'm right down the middle. I'm enjoying the main story artist on this book immensely,  Fabrizio Fiorentino I believe. The story is so-so, but I like the dynamic of this team, and I love seeing Tattooed Man actually doing something for a change, even if it involves his tribal tattoos. Deathstroke is a great strategist and fighter, so having him lead a team of essentially C-List villains is incredibly pleasing. This team works together surprisingly well thanks to the writing of Eric Wallace, but I only enjoyed his writing really during the main storyline. Best part of this book? 2-page Splash that thoroughly amazed me. I'd hang this bad boy on my wall if I could.

The Bad

This comics left me feeling a little annoyed and unfulfilled. All this story is about is Deathstroke's team trying to kill the new Atom. Sure, there's backstory here and there about how each member became to join the team, but I felt like I was losing interest in the main story when they'd jump to said backstories. The art changed when the story flashed back to how they joined the team, and I was not a fan of that. I'd rather just see the same artist do the whole book. 

The Verdict - 3/5

I'd rather see these guys have their own monthly book other than having to jump into the Titans to continue reading. Who knows if they'll actually become the Titans, and if they do, they may just be easily replaced months down the road. If you're into the Titans, pick up the book. If you're just into everything Brightest Day has to offer, skip this one. If you like Ray Choi as the Atom, you may want to own this. 
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Theodore

I'm excited to check this out.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By johnny_spam

I would pick this up if I could.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By doordoor123
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Yes, lets kill off the better character just so we can have the original back >:(

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " Yes, lets kill off the better character just so we can have the original back >:( "
    The death of the character in this series seems to be the subject of some controversy but I think that fans sometimes don't look at the story objectively and when a character dies they don't see it as a story to read but as an offense.  
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goldenkey

Using C-listers in a good way is always good because it's refreshing. 
    gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By gui22
    @goldenkey: Yeah!
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

@johnny spam: I would wait for trade-paperback to get the whole story and I out of cash at the moment....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.