Follow

Time Trapper

Character » Time Trapper appears in 115 issues.

The Time Trapper is one of the most powerful and relentless foes to ever face the Legion of Super-Heroes. While his true identity is currently unknown, two different incarnations of him have been revealed to be possible future versions of Cosmic Boy or Superboy-Prime.

And the new Time Trapper is...WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    SUPERMAN PRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I feel the need to research more about Prime.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

WOAH!!!!

Holy crap!

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Yeah they deff hit the shock factor with this conclusion.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zoom

Didn't see that coming.  Then again, I didn't see Rokk being the Time Trapper coming either.

Nibiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Nibiru

Yeah, I thought that was pretty weird.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
    Holy Crap... I gotta read this Issue
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

i loved everything about this issue and i can't wait for the last issue to see conner curbstomp prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the HOLY $#*^ look Superman and the others had on their faces when they saw that The Time Trapper was really an older incarnation of Prime.

Nibiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nibiru
    danhimself said:
    "i loved everything about this issue and i can't wait for the last issue to see conner curbstomp prime"

I still don't get what Johns is doing... How the hell is Superboy going to beat a Pre-Crisis Kryptonian?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

King Hyperion
    said:
    "I loved the HOLY $#*^ look Superman and the others had on their faces when they saw that The Time Trapper was really an older incarnation of Prime."

that was great and i love when the regeneration matrix shattered and bart's reaction
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordraiden
    Zoom said:
    "Didn't see that coming.  Then again, I didn't see Rokk being the Time Trapper coming either."

So, what happend to Rokk, then?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lordraiden said:
    "Zoom said:
    "Didn't see that coming.  Then again, I didn't see Rokk being the Time Trapper coming either."
    So, what happend to Rokk, then?"
    Continuity has been dramatically altered thanks to the events of Infinite Crisis. It's possible that now in the new continuum Rokk never was The Time Trapper, only Superman Prime was.
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordraiden
    King Hyperion said:
    "lordraiden said:
    "Zoom said:
    So, what happend to Rokk, then?"
    Continuity has been dramatically altered thanks to the events of Infinite Crisis. It's possible that now in the new continuum Rokk never was The Time Trapper, only Superman Prime was."

Very possibly, but that has so many questions/holes in it? Guess we have to wait one more issue to find out. Can't believe it's taken this long for this mini to come to an end, and i'd say this is the biggest one out of the FC minis that was the most highly anticipated! I remember this time last year is when we first found out and got some first glimpses of it, here it is one year later, and it still hasn't finished! Oh well, guess somethings will never change with comics, lateness/schedualing is one of them lol
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

I'm not sure about this...either 1) Superboy Prime just became cool, or 2) Time Trapper just became lame D:
    Oh and, how did Kon-El return O_o?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By The_Martian

Why aren't they done with Prime yet? Aren't people sick of him?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

~The Wanderer~ said:
    "I'm not sure about this...either 1) Superboy Prime just became cool, or 2) Time Trapper just became lame D:Oh and, how did Kon-El return O_o?"
    It's #1 you are thinking of. Time Trapper-Prime is still The Time Trapper (PRE-CRISIS to be exact) we all know and love (or love to hate), so what if he's Superman Prime under the hood? That basically just shows us that one day Prime will eventually grow up and become a real villain:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    As for Kon-El, a couple of Legionnaires went back in time, took a strand of Lex Luthor's hair and then used it (along with a sample of Superman's DNA) to clone Kon-El a new body. They then...well...I think used something very much like a recording of all his memories even up to the moment of his death and "burned" all of those memories into his brain like you would burn a bunch of music onto a CD. Then...Kon-El came back with a vengeance...though according to "Prime Trapper" he isn't going to be alive for very much longer.
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

kk. Thanks for the info ^^ I'm gonna need to get the trade of Legion of 3 Worlds whenever it's made available.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I am almost finished doing a major overhaul on The Time Trapper's profile (I haven't saved the changes yet, I wanted input first) and in light of this revelation do you guys think I should add all of Superman Prime's powers, team affiliations, friends and enemies? I mean from the looks of it Prime has always been The Time Trapper (except for when a future Cosmic Boy briefly took over his job) so I thought it would make sense but I'm not entirely sure. I don't want to end up getting points for editing a page in a way that it shouldn't have been. What do you think?

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
    King Hyperion said:
    "Hey guys, I am almost finished doing a major overhaul on The Time Trapper's profile (I haven't saved the changes yet, I wanted input first) and in light of this revelation do you guys think I should add all of Superman Prime's powers, team affiliations, friends and enemies? I mean from the looks of it Prime has always been The Time Trapper (except for when a future Cosmic Boy briefly took over his job) so I thought it would make sense but I'm not entirely sure. I don't want to end up getting points for editing a page in a way that it shouldn't have been. What do you think?"
    I think you should wait with that!  Retcons are complicated stuff and there might be new revelations in next issue.  Also, would the pages for Prime and Trapper need to merge x.0?  Well I think any major edits should wait until the series is finished, if anything, things could be filled in for their individual pages.

I think only powers that Trapper has BEEN SHOWN using should be listed on his page, not the ones he's just likely to have since his younger counterpart has them.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Methos

No, don't add Superman Prime's enemies and such to the Time Trapper page, they are two distinct characters with different powers, weaknesses and friends...

a lot could happen between now and when Prime becomes the Time Trapper, he could loose powers, gain them, or be a shapeshifter in disguise...

M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. As for merging the pages, that I'm not sure on that because Prime isn't the only one to have taken the mantle of The Time Trapper. He may have been the original but we can't forget that one version of The Time Trapper was a future incarnation of Cosmic Boy. What about his Kryptonian Heritage. Should I keep that in at least?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Methos

Time Trapper is a different entity all together... he should have his own page and have seperate segmants for the different 'incarnations' of the character

M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so I think I'll just leave in the powers we KNOW that he is capable of. As for his enemies should I keep Superboy (Conner), Ion (Sodam Yat) and Bart Allen in there? I mean The Prime Trapper did confirm he's the same Prime that's fighting Superboy, Ion and Bart Allen as he spoke. But...I am not sure and then what of this version's Kryptonian Heritage? Should that be left in as well or not? It's just so confusing!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay...I am just going to take a Leap of Faith and if there's anything you guys think that should be left out then I'll re-edit the page.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By AtPhantom
    ~The Wanderer~ said:
    "I'm not sure about this...either 1) Superboy Prime just became cool, or 2) Time Trapper just became lame D:Oh and, how did Kon-El return O_o?"
    I'm going with option number two.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By geraldthesloth
    AtPhantom said:
    "~The Wanderer~ said:
    I'm going with option number two."
    what he said
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

LOL I'm gonna give Prime Trapper a chance anyway...

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kentaxx

Yeah I just got the first 4 issues off the internet
    I cant wait for the last issue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know! I wish June would just come now! Agh! I want to know what Superboy-Prime's fate is going to be. I bet he will end up becoming The Prime Trapper. It is his destiny! Plus...having a more intelligent and mature version of Prime as The Time Trapper is better than an older version of Cosmic Boy who really didn't fit the role of Time Trapper in the first place IMHO. Plus...Prime Trapper has a real reason to hate Superman and The Legion of Super-Heroes. The Cosmic Boy Time Trapper was like Immortus. He was doing bad things but only because he wanted to help the Good Guys become better Good Guys and stuff like that. I'm glad that version of The Time Trapper has been retconned away.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.