The Time Gem has the power to manipulate time, including accelerating, reversing and stopping time itself. With the Time Gem, time loops can be created, time travel is possible, and memories and age can be altered. The gem is also capable of visions of the past, present and future. With mastery, the gem can enable it's owner to exist in all time periods at once.
The Time Gem is one of the powerful Infinity Gems.
All the gems were collected by the Elders of the Universe who planned to use them to kill Galactus. After their defeat, the Time Gem remained in the possession of the Gardener. Although he was not fully aware of the gems power, he was able to unconsciously use it to grow his gardens. The gem was taken by Thanos, and with it he defeated Gardener and the Runner. Thanos was able to collect all the gems into the Infinity Gauntlet.
After Thanos's defeat, the Gauntlet briefly went to Adam Warlock, who gave the individual gems to the possession of his newly appointed protectors - the Infinity Watch. The Time Gem was given to Gamora, who did not wish to have the gem, nor did she understand it's power. For these reasons, Gamora was chosen. Although she did not consciously use the gem or have any knowledge of its use, she was able to have visions of the future.
When Gamora leaves the group, the gem is given to Maxam as her replacement. Soon after, the gems were stolen and the Watch disbanded.
The gems were collected by the Illuminati and the Time Gem given to Namor for safe keeping.
After Black Panther witnesses a Universal Incursion in Wakanda, the Illuminati assembled the Infinity Gauntlet to prevent an Incursion from destroying the universe. In doing so, 5 of 6 Infinity Gems were destroyed and the Time Gem disappeared.
Wielders of the Time Gem
In Other Media
- The Time Gem appears in The Super Hero Squad Show. In the episode "World War Witch," Scarlet Witch is accidentally sent back to World War 2 after a mishap with the Gem.
- The Time Stone appears in the Avengers Assemble episode "The Age of Tony Stark," where it accidentally deages Iron Man.
- The Time Stone appears in Doctor Strange, where its color is changed to green. In the film, it is revealed to be encased within the Eye of Agamotto, and Strange uses it to undo Dormammu's damage during the final battle.
- The Time Stone appears again in Avengers: Infinity War. Thanos sends Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian to retrieve it. During the battle, Doctor Strange places an unbreakable spell on the Eye of Agamotto, preventing anyone from removing the stone within it. After abducting the Sorcerer, Maw takes his ship to Titan, with Iron Man and Spider-Man stowed away. After defeating Maw and arriving on Titan, Strange uses the power of the Time Stone to view all future outcomes of the coming battle with Thanos, only finding one outcome out of millions in which they won. In the end, Doctor Strange hands over the Time Stone to Thanos in exchange for Tony's life. Thanos later uses the Time Stone to revive Vision, who was destroyed by Wanda in order to prevent the Mad Titan from getting the Mind Stone.
- The Time Gem appears as a power-up in Marvel Super Heroes, where it allows the character using it to move faster.
- The Time Gem appears in Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems.
- The Time Gem appears in Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet.
- The Time Stone appears in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, where it is once again a power-up.