Who is the best Robin?

• 114 results
Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#101 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: I pretty much agree with all you said there buddy, I think Tim and Dick are the two definitive Boy Wonders. Tim sightly edging out Dick has the best Robin. Tim is greatly overshadowed by he's older brothers, even his little brother is arguably a better combatant than him.(Through I would put Tim above him.) But like you said he is no were near a slouch in the combat department and given how mental and intellectually gifted he is, also combine his big heart and strong well. I think Tim Drake is a underrated genius, but he my favorite DC character so I'm biases lol.

#102 Posted by Aahz (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd as Robin is not physically better than Tim Drake. That's the Red Hood version of the character, who as I mentioned previously wouldn't be taken into account in a discussion of who was the best Robin.

It was allready established long, before he became Red Hood. Here the first picture is Jason the second is Tim, and even Tim himself states it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
#103 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@aahz said:
@nathaniel_christopher said:

Jason Todd as Robin is not physically better than Tim Drake. That's the Red Hood version of the character, who as I mentioned previously wouldn't be taken into account in a discussion of who was the best Robin.

It was allready established long, before he became Red Hood. Here the first picture is Jason the second is Tim, and even Tim himself states it.

Neither establishes Jason as being more physically capable than Tim. The first states that Jason adapted quickly to physical training, the second states the same thing. Who is the more skilled fighter as Robin though? Who has the better feats? As I stated previously, Tim Drake in a landslide. Basically, place Robin Dick Grayson, Robin Jason Todd, and Robin Tim Drake in a fight and whose going to win? Dick and Tim's an argument, Dick vs Jason or Tim vs Jason isn't. That's what i'm speaking of when talking about physicality. Actual combat/fighting skills, in which Tim again dwarfs Jason.

#104 Edited by Aahz (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither establishes Jason as being more physically capable than Tim. The first states that Jason adapted quickly to physical training, the second states the same thing.

The second also states that Tim is still struggling with the physical stuff. And that is a comic set after No Mans Land, so allready quite into his career.

In general my point is that there is not enough material to really judge how skilled Jason was. With Steph on the other hand it is possible, she may not been Robin for long but she had lots of appearances as Spoiler in that time frame, and he she didn't suddenly change just because she changes her costume.

If you of course base the whole how was the best Robin on what they accomplished (and not how skilled or talented they were) it clearly goes to eigther Dick or Tim, at least pre flash point.

Post falsh point it's clearly Damian, since non of them has any impressive canonical showings or acomplished anything as Robin.

#105 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@aahz said:

Neither establishes Jason as being more physically capable than Tim. The first states that Jason adapted quickly to physical training, the second states the same thing.

If you of course base the whole how was the best Robin on what they accomplished (and not how skilled or talented they were) it clearly goes to eigther Dick or Tim, at least pre flash point.

What they accomplished is how skilled or talented they were, as accomplishments are a direct result of skill and talent. If you didn't see them accomplish something they couldn't do it, because they weren't shown or stated to be capable of doing it. Dick Grayson and Tim Drake have better feats as Robin than Jason Todd in every area. Therefore, they're more skilled than Jason Todd in every area. That is, again, literally all that matters. Everything else is speculation that is pointless as it does nothing to give Jason more feats so he is, again, not worthy of consideration in the discussion. Neither is Stephanie when being compared to Dick and Tim, though she has her feats from her time as Spoiler to give her a boost.

Damian Wayne however is, since his time as Robin has lasted far longer than Jason's and he's piled up a ton of feats in that timeframe.

#106 Posted by Shadowmaster91 (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

Nico Robin. SHE IS MY BEST KIND OF ROBIN.

#107 Posted by Aahz (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

What they accomplished is how skilled or talented they were, as accomplishments are a direct result of skill and talent. If you didn't see them accomplish something they couldn't do it, because they weren't shown or stated to be capable of doing it.

No it just means that he never got a chance to display his skills, not that he didn't had them or wasn't capable.

#108 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@aahz said:

What they accomplished is how skilled or talented they were, as accomplishments are a direct result of skill and talent. If you didn't see them accomplish something they couldn't do it, because they weren't shown or stated to be capable of doing it.

No it just means that he never got a chance to display his skills, not that he didn't had them or wasn't capable.

Which is the same as saying the skills don't exist. You're literally arguing semantics. Jason doesn't have the feats, so they therefore can't be applied to him, and he's therefore not equatable to either Dick, Tim, or Damian as Robin, who have more feats of their own, and better feats than Jason does. Arguing "Jason just didn't have the chance to show off X-skill" does nothing to change the fact that he never showed said skill. You can blame it on who write him, the time period he was written in, or any other number of factors and they do nothing to change it. Hence, when speaking of the best Robin Jason Todd is not worthy of being mentioned.

#109 Posted by theflashbrry (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is such a brat he just swaggered into the roll of being robin and grayson gave him what he wanted

Drake is the best

#110 Edited by theflashbrry (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim

#111 Posted by Lhynn (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake is the better Robin. Kid is brilliant, makes crime fighting look real and is strong enough to take on whomever he needs to take on. At the end of the day fighting prowess is really overrated and it can become detrimental if thats your only tool. Other than that, Tim as robin is better in a fight than both damian and jason were when they were robin.

Robin is the support of batman, the one thats supposed to keep him well, back him up. On this area Tim Drake is better than anyone, not just the robins but literally anyone across any ally batman has ever had.

The role of Robin was elevated by him, he wasnt a sidekick or a "partner", he patrolled solo almost every night and was left to his own devices in a way that Dick only experienced when he was with the titans or when he became nightwing.

Much like Dick being one of the founders of the Teen Titans, Tim was one of the founders of Young justice. They both led a whole new generation of heroes and sidekicks and are equally important to entire generations of heroes, much like batman and the justice league. This is huge.

He is the best at detective work, this defines him, hes the one that takes on threats that he shouldnt have and that other robins failed to tackle in the past thanks to his investigation, preparation and wits. He bagged the joker, king snake, dr. freeze, the penguin, two face, etc. in such a clever way that he made it look easy.

He was the most interesting robin, dealing with school, friends, trying to keep his secret identity a secret, dealing with the themes of sacrifice and being a hero that you cant really see in any other robin.

He was the only robin whose personality was made to be his own, and not one to challenge batman. This is important, he was well developed and able to hold a solo thanks to his own interesting personality and great cast of supporting characters. Dick was made to be a light to Bruces Shadow, Jason became someone to challenge batmans philosphy. Damian was made to be a darkness to Dicks light. But Tim was made to be his own character, he wasnt defined by batman like the others were.

Tim is the kid batman admires, the only character in DC capable of constantly surprising him and surpassing his very high expectations.

With rebirth hopefully all of this is coming back.

#112 Posted by charlie63450 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson.

Although he was sometimes boring and sucked batman's balls that's what makes him such a good robin. He wasn't rebellious and he followed batman's orders making him batman's best and most loyal companion.

Where as Jason Todd was full of rage and was driven by revenge and anger.

Tim Drake although a great detective, very smart and had good fighting skills batman was reluctant in making him the new robin showing that batman didn't think he was good enough to follow in the likes of Grayson's footsteps.

Damian Wayne in my opinion is the second worse robin as he has a lot of rage and he doesn't listen to batman. He thinks they should kill the criminals which goes against everything that batman ever followed and he killed Grayson in the injustice series. Also in batman's eyes Grayson is more of a son the Damian ever was.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
#113 Posted by deactivated-599632ff76068 (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson obviously.

#114 Posted by LaPresagio (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall I'd go with Tim drake, his skills and his good intelligence made him pretty well rounded. The other robins to me excelled in their other forms, Jason as red hood, Grayson as night wing, Damien I have to say has my attention with the whole rebirth teem titans thing and his role in the injustice comics. But he is the worst robin to me because of his rebellious acts and he's almost a complete opposite to his father that helps him and makes you shy away from him to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.