Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3312 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

What's known about Tim's parents in N52/Rebirth?

Gospel_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I remember Jason referring to Bruce as his own and Tim's 'dad', I remember all of them except for Damian referring to each other as 'brothers' multiple times, but I also remember Tim holding grudges against Dick because he threatened Tim's parents, or something like that. I don't quite remember it clearly, and I forgot where I read that (probably in either Batman Eternal or Batman & Robin Eternal).

Anything to clear it up a bit for me?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Jason referring to Bruce as his own and Tim's 'dad', I remember all of them except for Damian referring to each other as 'brothers' multiple times, but I also remember Tim holding grudges against Dick because he threatened Tim's parents, or something like that. I don't quite remember it clearly, and I forgot where I read that (probably in either Batman Eternal or Batman & Robin Eternal).

Anything to clear it up a bit for me?

Batman and Robin Eternal is what you're thinking of. To go over the basics, both of Tim's parents are still alive at the moment as far as i'm aware. They were proud of Tim since he was your typical teen genius, excelling in school and at athletics. Tim made a point, kind of as a challenge to himself, to search for the true identity of Batman. On the side he also stole a fortune from the Penguin. When Penguin sent assassins to kill Tim and his family they were saved by Batman, who then helped place Tim's parents into witness protection.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing other than they have no personality and they love their son.

Gospel_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Thanks!!

Honestly, the thing with Tim's parents is quite confusing, I wish they sticked to the good'ol adopted Tim canon. Tim 'died', what are his parents supposed to think or know of? Sigh.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will never know is my guess, unless batman tells them. All they know is that he runs around in a mask beating up homeless people with a mean attitude.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After their ONE appearance in Tim's zero issue, DC put them on a bus never to be seen again.

New52 DC (especially books written by Scott Lobdell) didn't really care about human things like family and normal relationships and was more interested in stupid fights, so Tim's parents were decided to be superfluous. Maybe in this rebirth era, DC will bring them back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.