Tim's Rebirth Design

#1 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2826 posts) - - Show Bio

So what does everyone think of the Red Robin design for rebirth? I like it more than I thought I would to be honest.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by The_Kidd (12584 posts) - - Show Bio

He just looks like another Robin.

#3 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Generic, is the word I'd use to describe it. Can't tell if it's Tim, Dick, Damian or Jason. Though I do see a heavy inspiration from the Arkham games in the design:

No Caption Provided

Only Tim isn't a skinhead. Also it kinda strikes me as odd that he would go this route, I mean that his past isn't being altered (yet) for Rebirth, meaning he's graduated from the school of Bat... so why is he going back to a role and a suit he left behind? (Or I was just hoping he'd go back to the other Red Robin outfit.):

No Caption Provided

#4 Edited by Lhynn (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a step back. But its a decent costume, the cape bothers me tho.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#5 Edited by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like a redesign version of his original Robin suit, with the Red Robin initials. However I do like, much improved and preferred over his New 52 one.

#6 Edited by kcomicfan (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. In my opinion, it is way better than his New 52 Red Robin suit.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#7 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2523 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Lhynn (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Already said it but the cape looks silly. Also would like them to tell us the specs of the suit and the reasons for leaving the old one behind (because other than being fugly it was p. effective).

#9 Posted by Koays (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

My problem is that they could've just colored the sleeves on the shoulder and thighs red and it would've been effective....

Really though its like there is no difference in appearance or function from a regular Robin suit...so why call yourself something different.

#10 Edited by Invain (5150 posts) - - Show Bio

Domino masks are dumb. Should have a cowl or hood. This design looks like the old Robin design with only a couple tweaks.

#11 Posted by Dernman (26457 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he doesn't have the hood from pre flashpoint or the post flashpoint wings.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
#12 Posted by deactivated-57b89658ba257 (862 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of generic

Personally loved the YJ design, separates the character but still know it's Robin

No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

without much to go on other than the first issue of Detective post Rebirth right now Tim is the most dissapointing thing to come from Rebirth...it seems like they're regressing him so much....I know he's Batwoman's "lieutenant" but even that seems like a step back for Tim....this is the guy who took down the League of Assassins and it seems like they're putting him into a Robin role despite having grown out of that role years ago...Tim should have his own book at this point and should have similar treatment to Nightwing

#14 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back the New 52 suit!

#15 Posted by Boss1500 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I agree they should put Tim back in his pre 52 costume it showed him stepping out of the shadow of batman and becoming his own hero.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18207 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of generic

Personally loved the YJ design, separates the character but still know it's Robin

No Caption Provided

yeah. this was an awesome suit. an updated version of his one year later suit

#17 Posted by JohnClark43 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that liked the New 52 Red Robin look? I thought the wings were pretty badass as both wings and a shield/weapon. I also think the full cowl mask from the pre New 52 Red Robin looks rediculous. The bald black head of the cowl and the pointy nose, I just think it looks kinda dumb, much prefer the domino mask and the cool wings which even if they were kind of a silly look... they at least were distinctive from every other superhero with a cape in the DC Universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.