Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Robin Comics

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vata_Raven

I've been trying to figure out what comics I need for Tim Drake, mostly during his Robin years. I've seen that he has his own solo time as Robin and I sort of want to get them to understand him better. I know about Young Justice and Teen Titans, and form what I get, the Teen Titans with Tim and Conner in it is getting released into omnibus volumes. Can anyone be of help to me?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Durakken

@Vata_Raven said:

I've been trying to figure out what comics I need for Tim Drake, mostly during his Robin years. I've seen that he has his own solo time as Robin and I sort of want to get them to understand him better. I know about Young Justice and Teen Titans, and form what I get, the Teen Titans with Tim and Conner in it is getting released into omnibus volumes. Can anyone be of help to me?

It's hard to say, but...

Batman and Detective Comics after Robin's first appearance sporadically...

There are 3 mini series/volumes previous to the main series. The first 1 is the most important telling of Tim's training, The next 2 aren't needed, but are good stories...

Volume 4 of Robin starts midways through Knight Saga and the first issue is a continuation of a book from one of the Bat books.

There is a Bloodlines issue with a group that makes their first appearance there and from time to time reappears in later Robin stories... I forget where it places. There is also a story with Robin and Nightwing in Showcase 94 that happens before or during Knight Saga.

Further you need to read...

Contagion

Cataclysm

No Man's land

Gang War

The various crisis (save for Crisis on Infinite Earth)

You might also want to read Batgirl vol 1, 2, & 3 as Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown interacts with Tim.

Young Justice is self contained more or less and Teen Titans only ever effects Tim's character directly when he switches costumes during/after Infinite Crisis

Also Battle for the Cowl is an important read as well.

The main problem with Robin is that every major event in his story happens in a different book so you have to pay attention to several other books while reading Robin or you'll miss something...

There is a great issue in one of the Gotham PD titles where there are deaths of kids dressed as Robin happening and I'm pretty sure but not 100% that there is a cool sub plot in there where an officer has her gun taken away and she asks Robin if he can get it back for her.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vata_Raven

@Durakken: Well, I figured the main Robin series would be a starting point for Tim and if I'm right, he's in most of Young Justice. How much is he in Teen Titans? Also, I'm looking up comics on Kon-el. I read DC for Tim and Conner, I like the friendship they have.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

To add to what the above person suggested.

1. Batman: Year Three [436 - 439]
    2. Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying [440-442 + New Teen Titans 60 - 61]
    3. Batman: A Hero Reborn [455 - 459]
    4. Detective Comics: Rite of Passage [618 - 621]
    5. Robin Mini Series I
    6. Robin Mini Series II: The Joker's Wild
    7. Robin Mini Series III: The Cry of the Huntress
    8. Knightfall (Which leads into Robin series)
    9. Robin 001+
    10. Knightquest
    11. Knights End
    12. Prodigal
    13. Troika
    14. Contagion
    15. Legacy
    16. Cataclysm
    17. Brotherhood of the Fist
    18. Batman No Man's Land
    19. Officer Down
    20. Bruce Wayne: Murderer
    21. War Games
    22. Infinite Crisis
    23. Robin: One Year Later
    24. The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul
    25. Batman R.I.P
    26. Battle for the Cowl
    27. Red Robin

I'm probable forgetting things. But this is from my own check list of Tim Drake.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Durakken

@Vata_Raven:

TIm Drake and Connor Kent are in Young Justice all the way through.

Tim and Connor are in Teen Titans starting from volume 3 #001...

Young Justice ends and Teen Titans v3 takes up where it ends (after graduation day), but they are completely different in tone

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Supreme Marvel

If you are going to read Teen Titans. Read #1 to #54 After that the stories are not of good quality.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vata_Raven

@Supreme Marvel: You listed off a lot of stuff, can you give me the ones where Tim is being a main character...where he's a lot part of the main story, just not showing up once in the set. I have Red Robin and I'm going to get Battle of the Cowl, seeing as his profile said he's in it for all 3 issues.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Vata_Raven: #1 is the first appearance of Tim Drake. #2 Is the first appearance of Tim ad Robin. #3 is his first trail as Robin. #5#-#7 are very important for Tim. #8 you see Tim act without Bruce as Batman. #12-#16 are great character development. #17 is an amazing read. #18 is one of the best Batman stories ever. #21 is a great story. #22 is important to Tim and Connor. #23 is within Robin series. #24 is a great read. You have to read #25.

I also forgot Identity Crisis. Tim has a big part in that.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vata_Raven

@Durakken: Does Tim and Kon have another set of books about them teaming up, like how they did in World's Finest 3?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Superman/Batman #7 and #26.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vata_Raven

@Supreme Marvel: Isn't Infinite Crisis when where Conner dies and Tim was crying over his dead body, or is that another series? I don't see Infinite Crisis in the list of comics.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Vata_Raven: Infinite Crisis is the series when Connor dies, yes.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vata_Raven

@Supreme Marvel: Which collection book is it in? http://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Crisis-Geoff-Johns/dp/1401210600/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319591315&sr=1-1 That the one where he dies in?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Vata_Raven said:

@Supreme Marvel: Which collection book is it in? http://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Crisis-Geoff-Johns/dp/1401210600/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319591315&sr=1-1 That the one where he dies in?

Yes.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Durakken

@Vata_Raven: If you want just books about Tim and Connor working together then that's pretty simple...

Young Justice

Teen Titans

Infinite Crisis

Superman/Batman 7 & 26

I haven't read Superboy/Superman books to know if Tim shows up in those books, but as far as Superboy showing up in Bat-family books... he doesn't show up with Tim in any book outside of the ones mentioned above. Superboy does have a brief interaction with Batgirl though.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vata_Raven

@Durakken & @Supreme Marvel:Thank you for your help.

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By sj_esposito

Most of Tim's Robin series is collected into trade format. Some of the arcs are a bit campy, some are very stereotypically 90s, and some are very good. I picked up a good majority of them on Amazon, which were relatively inexpensive, and filled in the gaps from NYCC where I was able to get the ones that were more expensive online for half the price. As I said, some of the stories aren't very good, but there are a few that are just awesome.

You may want to check out the very recent Adventure Comics series (the issues that deal with Conner, #1-7 I think) and some issues of the recent Red Robin series. Both of these have good issues with Tim and Connor together, and the friendship is explored a bit in the wake of Connor's return.

KaelabOspeec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KaelabOspeec

The robin from Young Justice is Dick Grayson not Tim Drake. The robin in Teen Titans is also Dick Grayson.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vata_Raven

@KaelabOspeec: No, it's Grayson in the Young Justice and Teen Titians cartoons, in the Young Justice and 2003-2001 run of Teen Titans, it's Tim Drake. Tim is the robin I grew up on, I did my research.

Vata_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vata_Raven

@Supreme Marvel: Sadly, I read Infinite Crisis in the store and I didn't buy it. There wasn't very much of Tim and Conner in it. Like only one scene with them together and Tim is crying over his best friend. I hate how they wrote it, why did Superboy's girlfriend get to last words with Conner, Tim should've spoken to him last.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By htb106

@KaelabOspeec: they were talking about in the comics.

Tim was in young justice and dick and tim were both on the team for teen titans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.