Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Red Robin...and flight

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

If you've been reading Red Robin, perhaps you may have noticed something, and that something is that Tim Wayne has continued to mention a desire to fly.  Literally.  He has mentioned it a few times already and I'm wondering if it's just something writers have been inserting simply due to Tim's costumed identity or if it's a possible indication that Tim will develop a method of flight, or it's simply a symbolic metaphor involving several things.   

Any opinion regarding the matter? 
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By SevanGrim

probably more symbolic than anything else. Its possible he may get a jet of  his own at some point, but i wouldnt look much further than that...

.Eternal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By .Eternal.
    @Grim said:
    "probably more symbolic than anything else. Its possible he may get a jet of  his own at some point, but i wouldnt look much further than that... "

I agree totally with that.
    Avatar image for mister_sarcastic
    Mister Sarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mister Sarcastic

I think, Tim said something about a new flying bike in Red Robin 11

comicnerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By comicnerdy
    @Mister Sarcastic said:
    "I think, Tim said something about a new flying bike in Red Robin 11 "
    A flying bike would be sweet!
    Who doesn't wish they could fly at some point? It would sure make getting around a lot easier! 

I don't think Tim will be gaining the ability to fly...that would be totally strange.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By velle37

Hey. Off topic. 

I haven't read the Red Robin comics yet, but i just read in a bio that Red Robin fought on par with Batman (Dick Grayson) in the comic. That DEFINITELY shouldn't happen. If that was true how did that happen. Tim only knows 7+ martial arts and has 6+ years of experience. Dick is the greatest human acrobat in the DCU, mastered far more martial arts, was raised an athlete from birth and has at least more than twice the experience of Tim. 

Also the fight in the lazarus pit that ppl say was a standstill between Tim and Dick was not. Clearly Dick was holding back and trying to calm Tim down, Tim is no challenge for Nightwing. Jason todd stomped Tim, then Nightwing returned the favor to Jason. 

Can Someone explain?    
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @velle37 said:
    " Hey. Off topic.  I haven't read the Red Robin comics yet, but i just read in a bio that Red Robin fought on par with Batman (Dick Grayson) in the comic. That DEFINITELY shouldn't happen. If that was true how did that happen. Tim only knows 7+ martial arts and has 6+ years of experience. Dick is the greatest human acrobat in the DCU, mastered far more martial arts, was raised an athlete from birth and has at least more than twice the experience of Tim.   Also the fight in the lazarus pit that ppl say was a standstill between Tim and Dick was not. Clearly Dick was holding back and trying to calm Tim down, Tim is no challenge for Nightwing. Jason todd stomped Tim, then Nightwing returned the favor to Jason. Can Someone explain?     "
    I think the second example kind of explains the first. When Red Robin fought Batman, Dick was just trying to calm Tim down, trying to convince him to get some help. So, he wasn't really concentrating on the battle at hand, which allowed Tim to gain the advantage. Besides, he wasn't really interested in hurting Tim.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @velle37 said:
    " Hey. Off topic.  I haven't read the Red Robin comics yet, but i just read in a bio that Red Robin fought on par with Batman (Dick Grayson) in the comic. That DEFINITELY shouldn't happen. If that was true how did that happen. Tim only knows 7+ martial arts and has 6+ years of experience. Dick is the greatest human acrobat in the DCU, mastered far more martial arts, was raised an athlete from birth and has at least more than twice the experience of Tim.   Also the fight in the lazarus pit that ppl say was a standstill between Tim and Dick was not. Clearly Dick was holding back and trying to calm Tim down, Tim is no challenge for Nightwing. Jason todd stomped Tim, then Nightwing returned the favor to Jason. Can Someone explain?     "
    I think the second example kind of explains the first. When Red Robin fought Batman, Dick was just trying to calm Tim down, trying to convince him to get some help. So, he wasn't really concentrating on the battle at hand, which allowed Tim to gain the advantage. Besides, he wasn't really interested in hurting Tim.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By velle37

I haven't actually read the comic this was in, i just read the description in the recent profile of red robin. But someone told me that it wasn't a fight. Dick grabbed Tims arm, they traded like 3 blows, then it was over. but it's cool.
    Mrs. Tim Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mrs. Tim Drake
    @velle37: yeah, thats pretty much all that happened.  
    then again, both those times Tim was fighting angry which as we all know is a BIG No-No. 
    i think if Tim and Dick were just sparring, like a friendly fight i could honestly say that Tim might win...he beat like a hundred super-assassins while taking care of Tam in Red Robin #8 (i think) 
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By velle37
    @Mrs. Tim Drake said:

" @velle37: yeah, thats pretty much all that happened.  then again, both those times Tim was fighting angry which as we all know is a BIG No-No. i think if Tim and Dick were just sparring, like a friendly fight i could honestly say that Tim might win...he beat like a hundred super-assassins while taking care of Tam in Red Robin #8 (i think)  "

I don't. Tim is a prodigy, and very good for his age, but he still isn't at Dick's level. 

" Tim has mastered many different forms of unarmed combat such as taekwondo, Karate, Judo, Boxing, kick boxing, and jeet kune do. Tim has also mastered stick fighting which Lady Shiva taught him...." 

"Dick is one of DC's leading martial artists due to a rigorous training regimen with Batman. He has mastered Eskrima/ Kali, Aikido, Savate, Muay Thai, Boxing, Capoeira, Kendo, Tae Kwon Do, Jeet Kune Do, Bojutsu, Hapkido, Ninjutsu, Tai Chi, Jujutsu, Judo, Kenpo, Wing Chun, Krav Maga, Kobudo, and more. His preferred form of hand-to-hand combat primarily emphasizes Escrima, Bojutsu, Wing Chun, Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, and Jujitsu." 

Dick's been around longer, and knows more, has more experience, and is also a martial arts prodigy. Tim can't beat him, Dick has too much on him.
    danielddavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danielddavis

Of course.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -Eclipse-

More gliding than flying... But he says that it gets him across 24 blocks in 2 minutes
     More gliding than flying... But he says that it gets him across 24 blocks in 2 minutes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.