Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

(One of the) Smartest Person In DC?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

If Lex Luthor,Batman & Mr.Terrific are the 3 smartest men in DC...and Bruce stated Tim is or will become smarter than he is, does that make Tim the smartest person in DC?
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

No not at all that would imply Batman in the smartest person in DC which he is far from. Tim has not yet surpassed Bruce on a mental field I can make a mean argument he surpassed him as a Detective already and I can make a mean argument he is near or equal strategist and that he one day will be smarter than Bruce but as of now he is not yet smarter and far from the smartest. The smartest is the Brainiacs, Vril Dox is more intelligent the everyone on Earth combined him talking to an Earthling is the equivalent of one of us talking to an insect 

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Son_of_Magnus:
    Well, will he be one of the smartest humans?
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @ComicStooge said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus: Well, will he be one of the smartest humans? "
    I believe so 
    Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Dark Walker

Tim has really shown just how much he's learned from Bruce, for his age I'd say he's one of the smartest in the DC Universe, non super powered.  He has a way to go to beat Bruce but Tim is no dummy, just look at what he's doing in Red Robin and the web he's weaving.  I think Bruce is going to be really impressed with Tim when he returns. 

Avatar image for theteenagewerewolf
    TheTeenageWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I'd hazard a guess that, as far as humans in the DCU go, the order of intellegence is something like: 1. Lex Luthor, 2. Mr. Terrific, 3. Bruce Wayne. Now, let's say Tim not only surpasses Bruce in smarts but also outlives Lex and Mr. Terrific. Then he would be the smartest human man in the DCU, provided, of course, no new super-intellectuals pop up in the time that it would take for Tim to think his way to the top spot. As far as aliens, wouldn't the smartest be either Vril Dox's son or Braniac (Vril's father)?

imaginaryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By imaginaryman

guys I think Rey Palmer should be in that league too you know, I'd say he's smarter than batman

Avatar image for theteenagewerewolf
    TheTeenageWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I forgot about Ray! He definitely outranks Bruce and maybe even Mr. Terrific

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Dark Walker

What makes Bruce smart though isn't just his scientific/technological knowledge but his detective skills, his street skills, that fact that he has a good sixth sense about people and is excellent at reading people.  Tim has a lot of those qualities as well and he's suffered more than Bruce or Dick.  Both of them lost their parents in one swift stroke.  Tim's parents were captured and tortured, his mother dies, his father is paralyzed then slowly recovers, discovers his son is Robin and learns to accept it, and is then taken from Tim.  He's then later adopted by Bruce and losses him as well, but he's pushed on through all of that.  He's been through hell and back personally three times, losing a parental figure.  Tim's always been portrayed has being pretty intelligent, after all his life experience and training from Bruce, his search for proof that Bruce is alive, the way he beat Ra's and the way he's been taking out the people on his hit list, Tim deserves to be recognized by the DC Universe as one of the smartest.  Not just in his own book but by his peers.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Dark Walker said:
    " What makes Bruce smart though isn't just his scientific/technological knowledge but his detective skills, his street skills, that fact that he has a good sixth sense about people and is excellent at reading people.  Tim has a lot of those qualities as well and he's suffered more than Bruce or Dick.  Both of them lost their parents in one swift stroke.  Tim's parents were captured and tortured, his mother dies, his father is paralyzed then slowly recovers, discovers his son is Robin and learns to accept it, and is then taken from Tim.  He's then later adopted by Bruce and losses him as well, but he's pushed on through all of that.  He's been through hell and back personally three times, losing a parental figure.  Tim's always been portrayed has being pretty intelligent, after all his life experience and training from Bruce, his search for proof that Bruce is alive, the way he beat Ra's and the way he's been taking out the people on his hit list, Tim deserves to be recognized by the DC Universe as one of the smartest.  Not just in his own book but by his peers. "
    He is recognized by his peers Tim was considered the Brain of The Teen Titans by the rest of the team and even after Bart read and memorized an entire library he still said he felt like an idiot next to Tim. Dick has on multiple occasions said Tim is smarter than him and Bruce one several occasions said he will surpass him
    Ultimate JSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Ultimate JSA

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Zoom

Not even close.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By velle37
    @ComicStooge said:

"If Lex Luthor,Batman & Lex Luthor are the 3 smartest men in DC...and Bruce stated Tim is or will become smarter than he is, does that make Tim the smartest person in DC? "

Lol why is Lex listed twice? 

But no. Tim is one of the smartest teenagers in DC, but not one of the smartest people. He has certain areas of expertise, like computers, deductive anaylsis/detective work, some biogenetics, etc, but there are many characters i can name that are far more intelligent. 

Lex Luthor (smartest person on the planet), 

Mr. Terrific (3rd smartest person on the planet), 

Steel (created the best tech on the market as a top weapons engineer and inventor, then when it fell into the wrong hands, he made even better tech to go take it down single handedly, he is a genius in physics, ballistics, temporal mechanics, robotics, mechanical engineering, advanced energy physics, quantum physics, and other fields as well, the armor he built is so well developed it will be worn by the 7th steel in the 51st century, and survive all the way into the 118 century) 

Dr. Light (female) (she is said to be a very brilliant scientist and astronomer, also a medical genius and surgeon, she has done etensive research in solar power and possibly photonics as well)

Oracle/Barbara Gordon (unmatched cyber skills by virtually anyone on the planet, she's an expert with computers and electronics, master hacker and technological genius, also knowledgeable in several other fields)  

Bruce Wayne (Masters as many forms of thinking as he can. from philosophy, to psychology, to engineering, mathematics, sciences, kinesthetics, etc...... he is a very smart guy as well) 

Natasha irons (Steel's neice, she is also a natural genius and was able to build her own armor to accompany steel [though he built her the armor she originally used], she even tampered with Apokoliptiian technology to aid Steel and Superman in their battle with Imperiex, she is a genius engineer, inventor, ballistics expert, physicist, and is proficient in many other scientific fields, very smart woman) 

Ray Palmer (expert in nanotechnology, and physics, along with other fields of study, he is a very smart man)

Starman invented the gravity rod, which will evolve into the 3rd most dangerous weapon oin the universe in the future. 

Also in DC one million, geniuses who will make an impact on the scientific community were listed, but some have yet to rise in portrayal.

Then of course there are the brainiacs, and the random cannon fodder scientists with brilliant inventions who either break out with schemes, or are lackeys to Luthor or some other prominent supervillian. 

There are also people from the future like Professor Zoom (25th century) and Abra Cadabra (64th century), very smart too.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

Actually the first 2 smartest people on earth are up for grabs I dont think Dc's ever claimed who they are they usually just say "but no one can seem to agree on who the first two smartest are" and just leave you with Mr. Terrific being the third smartest (wich frankly seems really messed up I meann in most cases if a first placer can't be determined or is disqualified then the second place guy wins right and if theres no second place guy then third place wins and so on so for the point of record keeping alone shouldnt he be the smaretest man in the world in title at the least. I think they wont give it to him cause he's black seriously.

also I think you guys are short changing Tim I mean how many under 18 year olds could clone the body of a kryptonian and have their be no physical deteriation for days It took cadmas a multibillion dollar government agency with alien technology, The smartest non superbeings in the world and mabey alien help yaers to do what he setup in a month in a basementm, a basement with no house keeping or any additional maintnence beside what he did sure he faild (technically, he couldnt get it moving or thinking) and they succeded but still you gotta respect him

however :

@Ultimate JSA:
    your picture has convinced me

kevin88wk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By kevin88wk
    @TheTeenageWerewolf: dude mr.terrific is definitely not smarter than bruce, bruce is like as smart as lex luthor if not smarter  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.