Did lodbell kill Drake?

#1 Posted by Lhynn (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, this forum is dead.

#2 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2825 posts) - - Show Bio

Still a fan of him. But agreed, this forum has been pretty dead.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18207 posts) - - Show Bio

: (

#4 Posted by Lhynn (326 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont even recognize the character in the new 52. In none of the works hes appeared in. So its not just lodbell. Can anyone explain why they butchered him like this? Dick grayson made the transition p. much unscathed, jason todd actually benefited from it, damian has always been a one note character so it didnt affect him at all. Do they hate tim over at DC or something?

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#5 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulaf: I wonder the same thing myself. All the time, it like it was an agenda against him.

#6 Edited by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#7 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulaf said:
@LeonardoTMNT said:

I dont even recognize the character in the new 52. In none of the works hes appeared in. So its not just lodbell. Can anyone explain why they butchered him like this? Dick grayson made the transition p. much unscathed, jason todd actually benefited from it, damian has always been a one note character so it didnt affect him at all. Do they hate tim over at DC or something?

The only stories with Tim remotely like his Pre-52 self were the Batman Eternal ones.

#8 Posted by Lhynn (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeonardoTMNT: got to read them, but i heard batman eternal sucks.

#9 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulaf said:

@LeonardoTMNT: got to read them, but i heard batman eternal sucks.

I enjoyed for the most part. The only thing I wasn't fond of was that whole super natural arch focused on Arkham.

#10 Posted by Lhynn (326 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed for the most part. The only thing I wasn't fond of was that whole super natural arch focused on Arkham.

All arcs were kind of pointless, didnt fit the theme of batman eternal and were usually used to give the batfamily something pointless to do to keep them from helping the bat.

Only exception to this was Tims arc, which was used to introduce a character nobody liked or cared for at the expense of everyone else.

It wasnt nearly as bad or nonsensical as lodbells trash, but it was bad.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#11 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobdell certainty helped in the deconstruction of Tim that's for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.