Follow

TidalWave Productions

Publisher »

Bluewater Productions brings a diverse library of titles and talent to the table. With stories that range from classic myths, science fiction and superheroes to Hollywood legends such as William Shatner, Roger Corman, Ray Harryhausen and Vincent Price, Bluewater is a fresh voice in comic publishing. We have now broken into biography comics with our titles FAME, FEMALE FORCE and POLITICAL POWER.

"Twilight" Writer Gets A Comic Book

• 60 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

The consensus amongst many comic book fans during the San Diego Comic Convention was that author Stephanie Meyers' "Twilight" movie "ruined" comic con. Is "ruined" too harsh a term? Comic Con is, after all, first and foremost a well oiled money making machine, and ever since the premier of the hit television series "LOST" Comic Con has slowly become more about pop-culture, and less about comic books themselves. So it should be of no surprise to anyone that when "Twilight" hit Comic Con, it was a huge success as far as fans of the film were concerned; but concurrently left a bad taste in the mouths of most comic book fans. If you were among some of the people that would have rather not seen Stephanie Meyers' venture into comic books, then maybe you should stop reading this article.

Blue Water Comics has as of late released a somewhat popularized comic book series entitled "Female Force," which has highlighted popular women in pop culture and told the story of their rise to fame through a biographical perspective. Many of which include Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, and Sarah Palin. It seems they will be adding the author of Twilight, Stephanie Meyer, to their successful series. The book will be a one shot, highlighting Ms. Meyer's subsequent rise to popularity and success and will be written by Ryan Burton with art work by Dave Macneil. The upcoming comic will be published in a 22 page format as well as a double sized collector's edition, and will be narrated by a "a very recognizable and iconic vampire;" somehow I don't think it's going to be Count Chocula

So now that we have concluded that the author is officially branching out into comics; first with a Manga series and now with her own biographical story told in pictures; we will be seeing plenty more of Ms. Meyers on Comic Vine. Did "Twilight" really 'ruin' Comic Con? I don't think so. Comic Con was already about pop culture long before "Twilight" sunk it's teeth in. Was it obnoxious to see "Twilight" fans running around the convention floor screaming about Robert Pattinson at SDCC? I'm sure that for some people it was an aggravating experience; but hey, maybe it was a good way to get more girls to Comic Con, right?
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EdwardWindsor

i hope its about her being attacked by a group of vengange seeking none glittery vamps

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dondasch

I honestly don't see what all the hub bub is over Twilight.  Granted, somehow I did see the first movie and have yet (read never) to read the books but is there something I'm missing here?

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Green ankh

I find it sad how many middle aged woman are into Twilight.  It is almost as bad as the  40ish woman getting tattoos and go clubbing with the younger girls from th eoffice.

welshguy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By welshguy79

Obviously as someone who cannot attend Comic Con I cannot comment on the mood in regards to the whole Twilight frenzy... what I can comment on is that it would take the A-Team to make me sit down and watch it (in other words, I would have to sit down with Hannibal, Face, BA and Murdoch, crack open a few cans of Stella and get hammered before viewing). I can appreciate that fans of comic-books may feel a bit miffed at having what is no doubt a special occasion sullied by the Ms. Meyers vampire crap fest (oh, have I let slip I dislike Twilight). To be honest, I have a problem with modern vampires in general. I blame Anne Rice and Joss Whedon. Please Buffy fans, don't bother sending me death threats, I've already had a bunch following a review for a Buffy DVD series on Amazon

xbuilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By xbuilder

Man, I'm starting to think fanboys really are afraid of girls.
    I've never read the books or seen the movies  but as far as I can see Twilight just expands the fandom base and that's good.
    More power to them!

My ghirlfriend loves it and I make fun of their vampires (and everything else)
    but I don't make fun of what they are doing as far as marketing and their fanbase.

Comic companies, game companies need to learn from them.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By No_Name_
    @welshguy79 said:
    "

Please Buffy fans, don't bother sending me death threats, I've already had a bunch following a review for a Buffy DVD series on Amazon

"
    Haha
    siraim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By siraim

Twilight was no more obnoxious or out of place than anything else at the Con this year.  The biggest PIA was by far the inability to walk anywhere near the video game aisle where Sony, MS and the rest setup shop.. or the massive traffic jams near the Paramount booth (is that too light a word to describe their area?).  If only a few of the folks there for Twilight found something else they were interested in, then more power to them.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By zombietag

spare me

Stealthfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stealthfart

Twilight = the death of the true vampire.  Rest in peace Dracula and any chance of Blade getting his own series again.  Though if it were about killing the Twilight cast it might be a big hit.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I hate vampires...that's all I will say

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnny_spam

Screw these romantic vampires and the people who made them. A vampire sounds like a serial killing rapist drug addict and all these vampires are made fluffy.

Von DEWS!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Von DEWS!

Fans are paranoic!
    Twilght will be vanished of their memories Tomorrow, like Joels Schumacher' Batman or Generation X movie.
    Harry Porter is worse than Twilight!:P

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Decept-O

Nice bit of humor with Count Chocula, Babs.  

JillPantozzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JillPantozzi

I really don't understand all the comic folks hating on the Twilight crowd. You don't like it? Fine. Don't make fun of other people for it. Remember how people made fun of YOU for liking comics? Bad form.

That being said, the show runners should have scheduled the Twilight panel first thing in the day so it wouldn't disrupt people trying to see the events that came before it.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By cascadeking09

i dont know about the book, but that movie was complete garbage.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Sparda

If Count Chocula was actually narrating the comic, I would pick it up.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17  Edited By The_Martian

LMAO! I love that sign.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vindellavon

There goes the last bit of respect vampirism ever had. R.I.P Dracula, Angel, Lestat, and rest.

Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deo Wade
    @Sparda said:
    " If Count Chocula was actually narrating the comic, I would pick it up. "
    As would I. Guest appearances by Boo Berry and Franken Berry would make this some kind of EPIC.
    srs bsns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By srs bsns

Well the sign is true. Can't they get their own 'Con somewhere very far away and leave us alone? :( Now I saw someone mentioned Blade...

No Caption Provided

kittenpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kittenpride

Hahaha.
    I saw about seven of those signs at Comic-Con.

AnarchyAmber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AnarchyAmber

i live in san diego i SAW them at the malls getting together their outfits from hot topic. i knew it was coming. but i didnt let it ruin MY comic con! if anything it was funny to scare and piss them off! its just another harry potter bullshit

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By No_Name_
    @srs bsns said:
    " Well the sign is true. Can't they get their own 'Con somewhere very far away and leave us alone? :( Now I saw someone mentioned Blade...

No Caption Provided
    "
    HAHHAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T BREATHE HAHAHAHAHA
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

twilight is only really interesting to girls and emo boys i honestly prefer my vampires to have some balls and not be whiny bitches

daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daveydavey

Someone should make a  Movie Con for those people.
    Just for the non comic movies.
     they should sell less tickets at comic con next year too.

daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daveydavey
    @srs bsns said:
    "Well the sign is true. Can't they get their own 'Con somewhere very far away and leave us alone? :( Now I saw someone mentioned Blade...

No Caption Provided
    "

@srs bsns:
    Do it!
    TehLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TehLantern

LOL! That picture is fucking brilliant! 

But in all seriousness here? A Twilight comic book? 
    Fuck my life.
    Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MoonKnightFan123
    @srs bsns said:
    " Well the sign is true. Can't they get their own 'Con somewhere very far away and leave us alone? :( Now I saw someone mentioned Blade...

No Caption Provided
    "
    ROFLMAO
    Love Blade. that's what the movie should've been.
    Blade slaughtering vampires
    @#$% Twilight! Twilight did ruin Comic Con!!! AVGN aka James Rolfe couldn't get in too see something thanks to yall Twitards!!! @#$%!!!
    TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBug

I think its odd that the Female Force comic has gone from Hillary Clinton to Stephenie Meyer, but whatever.

In 6 years Twilight will be gone. That guy should just put down the sign, and enjoy the Con. He's fighting a losing battle. We just gotta wait this trend out.

GreenGriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GreenGriffin

Twlight is just the lite version of TrueBlood, now that is how Vampires should be done. Doesn't matter to me, i'm more of a Frankenstein fan myself.

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Ravn
    @Babs said:
    " @srs bsns said:

No Caption Provided
    "
    HAHHAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T BREATHE HAHAHAHAHA "
    Hahahaha!

I don't know if I would say Twilight RUINED Comic-Con, but I think Phillip DeFranco said it best:
    "Finally comic book people have a nerd group THEY can make fun of!" LOL
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

I saw this announced a week ago or so, and I said roughly this back then...

"Twilight" is the magnum opus of the quasi-emo/goth crowd. This is what they use to fire their kill-shot directly into the stomach of every fan of the history, mythology, lore, whathaveyou of vampires that began with Count Dracula. This movie and it's followers are the very antithesis of what you felt as a kid watching the classic "Dracula" movie, or "Bram Stroker's Dracula", or even "The Lost Boys" for god's sake, when those monsterous, fanged demons rose-up from a coffin, struck like lightning, and drained the blood from their still-living vicitms. "Twilight" is a gut-shot delivered to a pre-existing gut-shot, but one filled with hate rather than the wonderufl entertainment thrill you get from watching a real, classic vampire movie, or read a real, classic vampire book. The blow that "Twilight" delivers is like the powerless slap you might get from a male Twilight fan; it didn't hurt at first, but over time, you realize you were just slapped by one of those damn kids, and you let them get away with it because you'd otherwise physically destroy them. Now that they've gotten away with it, they're off making more books and movies and even biographies because the idiots love the material so much, they must get inside the diabolical mind of this woman and absorb her, too.

That's one HELL of a gut-shot, folks.

camodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By camodude

the words unhealthy obsession come to mind. i have alot of friends who are in to it and i cant help but feel paranoid if im in the way of them and their book. you can like something; you can buy something you like; but please dont run over your friends to get the latest special eddition twilight book. the last thing i need is squealing girls of all shapes and sizes moving in on my comic time.

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By blade hunter

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c
    deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Stephanie Meyer just shut up already? She's obnoxious. And the Twilight series is over. Now all we have to do is wait for the rest of her crappy movies to come out. 

And that's it.  

I'm seriously getting so sick of this woman. And the fact that theres a manga AND now a comic coming out? 
    Ugh please. I can feel the vomit rising up from my throat now.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm not happy nor enthused, I need some stakes, damn mopey glittery vamps
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Constantine

I like twilight, not as much as some people but I don't know why there has to be a comic about steph meyer herself. And I know there are a lot of fangirls who can get really annoying, but I get just as pissed with all the haters who are just as bad. I mean get over it, if you don't like it, don't go near it.

Perspective91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Perspective91
    @cascadeking09 said:
    "i dont know about the book, but that movie was complete garbage."

Hear, Hear!!!
    csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By csimon

OMG, WTF please tell me this is  a dream?

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Constantine said:
    " I like twilight, not as much as some people but I don't know why there has to be a comic about steph meyer herself. And I know there are a lot of fangirls who can get really annoying, but I get just as pissed with all the haters who are just as bad. I mean get over it, if you don't like it, don't go near it. "
    That's just the thing...It keeps coming near ME. Movies? Fine. Books? Whatever. Now I have to see this celebration of all things mopey and romantisad encroach upon Spider-Man's shelfspace?! No, sir or madame, I won't keep quiet about it. Not only is it a "Twilight" comic, it's a comic about the friggin' AUTHOR. And they're telling us all, including the impressionable youth, that she's some kind of Force for Female Liberation?! WHAT?! I am sorry, but dialogue that easily could have been lifted from the quiet, blue-haired girl with the Jack Skellington purse's DIARY does NOT an award deserve! Bah, I say! BAH!!! Good day!
    Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TehLantern said:
    " LOL! That picture is fucking brilliant! 
    But in all seriousness here? A Twilight comic book? 
    Fuck my life.
    "
    Maybe i read G-Man's article wrong but i dont think its a comic book of 'Twilight', its of the author Stephanie Meyer
    TehLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TehLantern

@The Crimson Nutcase  
    Haha noo I know its just the author.. 
    what else can she do if its not Twilight though. 
    Fuck Twilight  
    Worst. Series. Ever

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Toastalchemist

EWWW! They think Meyer is up to par with Hilary Clinton and Sarah Palin? Sure, I never supported both of those women but politicians are more influential than a shitty writer.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Von DEWS! said:

"Fans are paranoic!Twilght will be vanished of their memories Tomorrow, like Joels Schumacher' Batman or Generation X movie.Harry Porter is worse than Twilight!:P"

Blasphemy! Nothing beats Twilight. The holocaust rivals it…Oh alright…even I thought that was in poor taste. Hah! But still, nothing beats it for pure juvenile suckage.  The quality is that of a glorified fan fiction. Saying Twilight ruined Comic Con is a little much, but saying Twilight killed vampires for a whole generation of fans is pretty damned spot on. As Craig Ferguson said, "Oh I'm a vegetarian vampire that cares about people. Ooooh! That's not a vampire, that's a freaking Jonas Brother!" I miss that days of vampires having balls.

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jamiracles

Its an exciting time for Twilight fans so...why not?

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Yes...Why NOT clown the entire franchise? It's a good time...

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Akwa

I would say that this is conclusive proof that God hates us all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.