drreneninja's Thunderbolts #2 - Weaponized review

Avatar image for drreneninja

Thunderbolts #2 Review

***SPOILER FREE REVIEW***

I really want to like this series, honestly. The idea behind this series is awesome, and there should be compelling drama seeing these characters try to work together. Instead, we get a bland, generic comic that achieved absolutely nothing.

Normally, I go into great detail about the writing and the art of a particular issue I review. However, with this issue, I won't, because both the art and the writing are bad. Really bad. As in, why didn't how bad Issue #1 was teach me not to buy this comic. This has to be the worst versions of Deadpool, Venom and Elektra I've ever read, and nothing compelling hampens in this issue at all. Dillon's art and his inability to draw dynamic (or good) faces make this book even worse.

This series made me waste six dollars. If you're on the fence about this series, don't buy it, it's bad. I haven't checked out all of the Marvel NOW! titles, but this is easily the worst one I've read yet.

Other reviews for Thunderbolts #2 - Weaponized

Seeing Red 0

I desperately wish this series was better. The covers are mind blowingly gorgeous, and the lineup is extremely solid. This is my first exposure to Red Hulk, and I'm actually enjoying it enough. I'm not a big fan of Electra, but Venom and Deadpool always great, and Rucka's Punisher has had me in love with the character.But one of the biggest things holding this series back is the artwork. Apparently Steve Dillon rose to prominence with Preacher, but what he's delivering here so far is mediocre at...

Thunderbolts #2 Review 0

Cover & Solicit - 4/5Would I pick-up or buy the comic based on the solicit or cover alone?Are the alternate covers appealing?Does the solicit and cover portray what happens in the issue?Do I like the artist's style on the cover?Art, Colors & Inking - 2/5- Weighted DoubleDo I personally like this artist's style?Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?If there are multiple artists do they blend well and not disturb the reading experience?Does the coloring/inking blend well w...