Follow

Thunderbolt Ross

Character » Thunderbolt Ross appears in 1614 issues.

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross is former U.S. military general. He is father of Bruce Banner's love Betty Ross and was archenemy of the Incredible Hulk. Ross made a deal with villains to be transformed into a Hulk himself. As the ruthless and cunning Red Hulk, he attempted to destroy his nemesis and take control of the country before seeking redemption as an Avenger. After leaving the team, he formed his own group of Thunderbolts with other Anti-Heroes. He was recently depowered by Doctor Green.

Rulk-Goner?

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ShenLong

Will Rulk survive for much longer after his fight with Omegex? Now that the Hulk mega sagas are over, he's been getting his butt stomped. Will he last another two years?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman

I'm not a fan so I hope he doesn't

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

that would probably explain him leaving the avengers

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By bingbangboom

Doubt it. Marvel enjoys Rulk and he is getting more popular. I think as more writers get their hands on him the character will get better.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Trodorne

I like jeff parkers writing on the series, well i mean before the whole copying the planet hulk story line. but it was interesting to see an aged general learning how to be a hero from the young ones.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Keep Ross, but ditch Rulk

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

@joshmightbe said:

Keep Ross, but ditch Rulk

Agreed. He looks cool, but that's where it stops. The rest is just a whole tangled mess of PIS and Loeb-force.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ShenLong

I really like the Rulk as well, but he's really just red with absorbing abilities and flame-throwing eyes. He can get hot and his power cosmic doesn't stand out. He is a lot like Hulk..... And now that Hulk fought Fin Fang Foom and unleashed "Worldbreaker 2", Rulk is potentially not even near the same league with the like 50 gamma bombs Hulk absorbed, and grew to like 50 feet tall. Unless the wish undid all that, She-Hulk, Hulk, She-Rulk, and A-Bomb are now all stronger than Rulk. A-Bomb is different. Skaar is bad-ass. Keeping Hulk, A-Bomb, and Skaar is cool. Killing off the rest of the Hulks, as well as so many lesser-tier heroes and some villains would do Marvel some good. BlackBolt is not one fo those guys :). Keeping those 3 Hulks and Rulk would be the limit in my opinion, otherwise they just take away from the whole Hulk thing. Marvel has enough monsters. Plus now they have Cyttorak enhanced Colossus. I want that Hulk Vs. New Colossus fight, and it makes sense. Maybe Rulk can fight BlackBolt.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.