krakoa's Thrillkiller #1 - Thrillkiller review

Avatar image for krakoa
  • krakoa wrote this review on .
  • krakoa has written a total of 215 reviews. The last one was for

The Epitome of Cool

Thrillkiller has been under my radar for a while. I'd heard the name, but knew nothing about it. The premise dear friends, is the world of Batman knocked on its ass and viewed through the kaleidoscope of 1960's pop/counter-culture. Intrigued? Well...Bruce Wayne is not the main character. How does that grab you. As you can tell from the cover, the dynamic duo is Elseworlds' Dick and Barbara. The artwork is breathtaking and Chaykin is suitably noir here, with this hip re-imagining of Gotham City. It pulls off the impossible by being both dark and bright at the same time. The smokey bars and dirty back alleys leap off the page, and this old fashioned crime tale is anything, but run of the mill. I definitely recommend this to anyone interested in a great pulp feeling comic.