User Reviews
1 (0)
4.3 stars

Average score of 2 user reviews

The Epitome of Cool 0

Thrillkiller has been under my radar for a while. I'd heard the name, but knew nothing about it. The premise dear friends, is the world of Batman knocked on its ass and viewed through the kaleidoscope of 1960's pop/counter-culture. Intrigued? Well...Bruce Wayne is not the main character. How does that grab you. As you can tell from the cover, the dynamic duo is Elseworlds' Dick and Barbara. The artwork is breathtaking and Chaykin is suitably noir here, with this hip re-imagining of Gotham City. ...

"-- You Don't Know Who Or What You're Dealing With!" 2

I do enjoy Elseworlds stories when written well and Howard Chaykin can write a good noir story.  In his reimage of Gotham, Bruce Wayne is not rich and had to sell his mansion, but is the G.C.P.D.'s best cop.  The Thrillkiller Dynamic Duo is Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and grown up Dick Grayson as Robin.  To keep with the noir time, this book is set in the 60's where the Beatles never became a band, JFK is not dead and Elvis is not in the army.This comic is illustrated in paint and really give life...