Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Why is Marvel trying to DESTROY Thor...........What's their PROBLEM?????

• 142 results
    Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@superiorsgbeast: No. She’s an imposter because I say so. Just like she’s not “Thor” just because you say so.

Avatar image for superiorsgbeast
    SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superiorsgbeast: @superiorsgbeast: No. She’s an imposter because I say so. Just like she’s not “Thor” just because you say so.

And the “loud minority” is EXACTLY what you and others like you are. The SJWs that claim to be in the “Majority” have been proven wrong. The steady decline of the alleged “great” sales of Hammerette. The reversal of the forced FalCap. The reversal of CHULK. If y’all were the majority how come the changes that the “enlightened” diversity asinine few wanted didn’t stick? That’s ALL the proof needed and it can’t be argued.

We won and now the SJW writers are making our original characters pay for it in the stories. “They didn’t accept Hammerette? Fine. We’ll humiliate Thor. Make IM an adoptee. Remove Magneto’s offspring” Etc. Its revenge. Plain and simple.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superiorsgbeast:

“Cool no proof only bragging about a blonde dude no one knew existed until the mcu.

You deserve a gold star for trying”

This statement is all the proof needed to show your nothing but an ignorant hateful troll. No one knew who IM was either. And just because you didn’t get your SJ bs doesn’t mean you have to pretend to be a “fan” band wagoner. It’s clear you’re just here to vent off about things you couldn’t change by attempting to piss off others. It’s clear from your quote that YOU are not a real fan. So there. That was very easily proven now wasn’t it.

PS- the sales of Hammerette were proven lackluster. There is evidence. If you’re good enough to waste time on a board fighting fans of a character you hate and that no one “knew existed” then GOOGLE other boards and you’ll find the proof you want. No one is your servant or friend here. Get out of your Mom’s basement and do something once in a while. Being here so much of the time ...... is just embarrassing.....

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@superiorsgbeast:

“Cool no proof only bragging about a blonde dude no one knew existed until the mcu.

You deserve a gold star for trying”

This statement is all the proof needed to show your nothing but an ignorant hateful troll. No one knew who IM was either. And just because you didn’t get your SJ bs doesn’t mean you have to pretend to be a “fan” band wagoner. It’s clear you’re just here to vent off about things you couldn’t change by attempting to piss off others. It’s clear from your quote that YOU are not a real fan. So there. That was very easily proven now wasn’t it.

PS- the sales of Hammerette were proven lackluster. There is evidence. If you’re good enough to waste time on a board fighting fans of a character you hate and that no one “knew existed” then GOOGLE other boards and you’ll find the proof you want. No one is your servant or friend here. Get out of your Mom’s basement and do something once in a while. Being here so much of the time ...... is just embarrassing.....

@superiorsgbeast: @superiorsgbeast: No. She’s an imposter because I say so. Just like she’s not “Thor” just because you say so.

And the “loud minority” is EXACTLY what you and others like you are. The SJWs that claim to be in the “Majority” have been proven wrong. The steady decline of the alleged “great” sales of Hammerette. The reversal of the forced FalCap. The reversal of CHULK. If y’all were the majority how come the changes that the “enlightened” diversity asinine few wanted didn’t stick? That’s ALL the proof needed and it can’t be argued.

We won and now the SJW writers are making our original characters pay for it in the stories. “They didn’t accept Hammerette? Fine. We’ll humiliate Thor. Make IM an adoptee. Remove Magneto’s offspring” Etc. Its revenge. Plain and simple.

EXCELLENT !!! they lost and now Thor is suffering they are pathetic...

SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: @thunderingthorfan: I’m astonished that you got just as triggered as a “sjw” over my sarcastic post. And then made two long paragraphs over it.

Literally screaming sjw because odinson lost his hammer and then not providing sources to either of your claims. But knowing you you’ll post a geek and gamers video am I right.

https://youtu.be/ZBqK6DgkBjE He literally debunks you with evidence Comicdrake

But hey what do i know I’m a sjw soy boy beta cuckasaurus Marvel needs to keep their heroes straight,white, and men just for you.

Basement cuck out peace!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't care anymore... But i will always hate propaganda... And since its just copy/paste...

Behold... The triumph of Marvel/Wil/Aaron on Thor/Asgard over the last few years...

War of Realms 1 $5.99 04/03/19 Marvel 187,851*

War of Realms 2 $4.99 04/17/19 Marvel 70,704

War of Realms 3 $4.99 05/01/19 Marvel 77,664

War of Realms 4 $4.99 05/15/19 Marvel 73,026

War of Realms 5 $4.99 06/05/19 Marvel 66,960

War of Realms 6 $5.99 06/26/19 Marvel 68,965

Compared With...

The First Thor Event

Siege 1 $3.99 Marvel 108,484

Siege 2 $3.99 Marvel 108,429

Siege 3 $3.99 Marvel 113,073

Siege 4 $3.99 Marvel 113,752

The Last Thor Event

Fear Itself 1 $3.99 Marvel 128,595

Fear Itself 2 $3.99 Marvel 96,318

Fear Itself 3 $3.99 Marvel 95,621

Fear Itself 4 $3.99 Marvel 93,435

Fear Itself 5 $3.99 Marvel 90,914

Fear Itself 6 $3.99 Marvel 93,032

Fear Itself 7 $4.99 Marvel 95,599

Aaron's Last Event (Before Female Thor)

Original Sin 1 $4.99 Marvel 147,045

Original Sin 2 $3.99 Marvel 92,643

Original Sin 3 $3.99 Marvel 93,351

Original Sin 4 $3.99 Marvel 88,508

Original Sin 5 $3.99 Marvel 91,420

Original Sin 6 $3.99 Marvel 89,324

Original Sin 7 $3.99 Marvel 91,291

Original Sin 8 $4.99 Marvel 90,478

Marvel's Last Event

Secret Empire 1 $4.99 Marvel 157,517

Secret Empire 2 $4.99 Marvel 100,983

Secret Empire 3 $3.99 Marvel 91,611

Secret Empire 4 $3.99 Marvel 91,621

Secret Empire 5 $3.99 Marvel 87,675

Secret Empire 6 $4.99 Marvel 85,887

Secret Empire 7 $3.99 Marvel 81,365

Secret Empire 8 $4.99 Marvel 81,488

Secret Empire 9 $4.99 Marvel 77,072

Secret Empire 10 $4.99 Marvel 86,123

*Due to the endless variant Covers.

Still kinda shocked that Loki new comic was cancelled after just after 5 issues...

Uttarashada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: i never said she consistently hold 100k ...i meant 100k + opening ...

the 50k was a mark she failed to reach in her opening week in her Valkyrie series

she's at the 5th issue and already at 23k in sales.

I saw someone had posted sales numbers for the Jane Valkyrie book and noticed it had dropped 16K from issue #4 to #5, but yet had people saying I was nuts to suggest if the downward trend continued the title would be lucky to make it beyond the 8 issues already announced.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest said:

@jameswayne: i never said she consistently hold 100k ...i meant 100k + opening ...

the 50k was a mark she failed to reach in her opening week in her Valkyrie series

she's at the 5th issue and already at 23k in sales.

I saw someone had posted sales numbers for the Jane Valkyrie book and noticed it had dropped 16K from issue #4 to #5, but yet had people saying I was nuts to suggest if the downward trend continued the title would be lucky to make it beyond the 8 issues already announced.

they will continue it's basically a vanity project..

SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next time I should definitely make a thread to complain about a fictional character.

Yeah that totally is a good use of time

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next time I should definitely make a thread to complain about a fictional character.

Yeah that totally is a good use of time

funny but you were all over it tho......ok

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

I just don't care anymore... But i will always hate propaganda... And since its just copy/paste...

Behold... The triumph of Marvel/Wil/Aaron on Thor/Asgard over the last few years...

War of Realms 1 $5.99 04/03/19 Marvel 187,851*

War of Realms 2 $4.99 04/17/19 Marvel 70,704

War of Realms 3 $4.99 05/01/19 Marvel 77,664

War of Realms 4 $4.99 05/15/19 Marvel 73,026

War of Realms 5 $4.99 06/05/19 Marvel 66,960

War of Realms 6 $5.99 06/26/19 Marvel 68,965

Compared With...

The First Thor Event

Siege 1 $3.99 Marvel 108,484

Siege 2 $3.99 Marvel 108,429

Siege 3 $3.99 Marvel 113,073

Siege 4 $3.99 Marvel 113,752

The Last Thor Event

Fear Itself 1 $3.99 Marvel 128,595

Fear Itself 2 $3.99 Marvel 96,318

Fear Itself 3 $3.99 Marvel 95,621

Fear Itself 4 $3.99 Marvel 93,435

Fear Itself 5 $3.99 Marvel 90,914

Fear Itself 6 $3.99 Marvel 93,032

Fear Itself 7 $4.99 Marvel 95,599

Aaron's Last Event (Before Female Thor)

Original Sin 1 $4.99 Marvel 147,045

Original Sin 2 $3.99 Marvel 92,643

Original Sin 3 $3.99 Marvel 93,351

Original Sin 4 $3.99 Marvel 88,508

Original Sin 5 $3.99 Marvel 91,420

Original Sin 6 $3.99 Marvel 89,324

Original Sin 7 $3.99 Marvel 91,291

Original Sin 8 $4.99 Marvel 90,478

Marvel's Last Event

Secret Empire 1 $4.99 Marvel 157,517

Secret Empire 2 $4.99 Marvel 100,983

Secret Empire 3 $3.99 Marvel 91,611

Secret Empire 4 $3.99 Marvel 91,621

Secret Empire 5 $3.99 Marvel 87,675

Secret Empire 6 $4.99 Marvel 85,887

Secret Empire 7 $3.99 Marvel 81,365

Secret Empire 8 $4.99 Marvel 81,488

Secret Empire 9 $4.99 Marvel 77,072

Secret Empire 10 $4.99 Marvel 86,123

*Due to the endless variant Covers.

Still kinda shocked that Loki new comic was cancelled after just after 5 issues...

That kinds hit me by surprise tho....Jane's book had low sales but they continued anyway

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Damn, Marvel must really want their sales to plummet.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

@titing2101: @lazarus4tempest: wank for CM knows no bad.

the desperation of that cover is overwhelming......CM comics are like the Kardashians of the Marvel universe it will do anything for attention and sales.....LMFAO(I AM ANNOYED AF)

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Galactus cover looks pretty sweet.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YUp! I'm also loving the new look. Still think Esad is a champ tho

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TELL ME ABOUT IT

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@phisigmatau said:
    @haveatthee said:

YUp! I'm also loving the new look. Still think Esad is a champ tho

No Caption Provided

Thor amped by the power cosmic ....he is going to be insane can't wait.i wonder if that will lead to this

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@phisigmatau said:

@lazarus4tempest: yea y heroes stay fighting each other tho

You are correct tho i'm not a fan of this concept either,AVX popularized this notion .Villains are basically redundant at this point which i find to be ludicrous

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The advent of the dumb Civil War and subsequent events have rendered villains as a sideshow much of the time. It's one thing for heroes to occasionally disagree or even have a physical confrontation, but it's a very tired trope in the last 15 or so years.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

The advent of the dumb Civil War and subsequent events have rendered villains as a sideshow much of the time. It's one thing for heroes to occasionally disagree or even have a physical confrontation, but it's a very tired trope in the last 15 or so years.

Plus, most of the conflicts can and should be solved with the literal exchange of a few words. It sort of makes the heroes come across as dumb too, when it happens too often with the same characters (because let's be honest, rivalries are a thing.) Like, you can't tell how often you disagree and fight over nothing with the same person?

But those fights sell, so...

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Well, it's interesting.

So, dating back to mythology we can say Thor is pretty uncaring by the complexities of life, for modern standards. Despite being the son of the god of wisdom and related to a trickster god, there has never once been a mug of mead and ale left sitting out that Thor could resist drinking to his displeasure. He's a noble warrior for viking standards, but he's a few vikings short of a raiding party.

So when it came time for Lee and Kirby to introduce Thor to the Marvel universe, this element stayed, either intentionally or by virtue of needing drama and "Tricked by a trickster god" is an easy way to get there. It's why one of Thor's most famous battles is him dive-tackling an illusion of Loki through an open door and into a pit of angry bees, while the real Loki stands off to the side cackling at the fact that his trickery worked again!

But eventually future Marvel writers came around, Thor's importance and powers were expanded (still less popular than Spiderman and the mutants though), and we started getting badass and ominous moments like "Ultron! we would have words with thee" and Thor wrecking Iron Man and astonish the people of Oklahoma in JMS run and that story where he has a philosophical conversation with a catholic priest.

Then the MCU comes around, and we need to re-introduce Thor. If you're going to start a character arc, you need to start somewhere, and Thor started out as a general dumbass blood knight. Not a dope like we're used too, but a cocky, arrogant young warrior who doesn't think things through. We see this in Thor and Thor: Dark World.

But we don't see it in Avengers. In Avengers (and especially in AoU) we see a Thor who is funny, but also the butt of the joke. His comical ineptness is played up, and Thor goes from "Young and arrogant" to "Actually, he's relatively even-headed, just a thundering dumbass"

By phase three, we love Thor for his meme potential. Dumb jokes, Chris Hemsworth's delivery - he's still powerful, but instead of being a wise warrior prince with a olde english accent he's more akin to a falstaffian character who isn't much different from the modern american fratboy.

So what does all this have to do with the comics universe?

Well, the MCU sinergy has completely remolded our image of Marvel Comics, and the Thor we're starting to see is undergoing character regression to more accurately match the MCU Thor. The problem is that the MCU Thor derives it's characterization from a version of Thor who believed garden hoses were snakes, and who hasn't been seen on the printed page since the late sixties

.I feel bad for Thor. Because he is such a fundamentally good character. His mythological background gives him an interesting pool of relevant texts to draw from, and the way he's been positioned in the marvel universe as a protector of humanity and magical hero (with a slight berserker rage tendency - enough to add some flavor to his style of rule, not enough to ruin it) makes for an interesting variety of threats he can face.

There was a comic story that I saw a while back that addressed this perfectly. It was a day in the life of Thor - and it saw him traveling the planet, protecting wild-life, drinking with the common people, experiencing the beauty of nature, and walking among the denizens of earth as Thor - not Thor, the idiot, self-important god of thunder - but as Thor, the noble warrior with a lust for life and an understanding that his role as leader is defined by his ability to help those who need, and not just by his ability to bash giant monsters on the head.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92:WOW! i am speech less, i have no objections... Beautifully laid out

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Thank you. You should check my recent thread ''Do modern Marvel writers hate Thor?''

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: link please

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/do-modern-marvel-writers-hate-thor-2073624/

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Avengers vs X-Men put a schreeching halt to the promise of the Heroic Age, heroes going back to their classic selves and stop fighting each other.

At least the Quesada era gave us good stories like Annihilation, Planet Hulk and JMS Thor.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: true AVX is garbage Thor was totally humiliated in that event.... Jason Aaron made sure of that

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92:yeah i remember it

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cates is giving Thor the things he deserves.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: I think its still a bit early to say that. I also hate how modern Writers ignore how the Odinforce works. To them, it just gives Thor slightly stronger lightning.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets a lot of disrespect from Marvel, but that doesn’t validate the rants of the “hurr sjw” morons on this thread. Always funny to see them around. Thor has been put in place by all races and genders.

Also Jane Valkyrie is actually a pretty solid book.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: you are right the only writers who actually knows the dynamics of the Odin force are Walt and Jurgens, those 2 writers application of the force is the best I have seen thus far..

Hope Cates surprises me, he is hyping the 5&6 issues alot on Twitter hope it is not just dry words

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: That's because Aaron turned Jane into his pet character and even in that book he never misses a chance to make her look superior than Thor to spite his detractors.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: That's because Aaron turned Jane into his pet character and even in that book he never misses a chance to make her look superior than Thor to spite his detractors.

That Valkyrie book is garbage, Aaron had Thor easily consumed by some trash magic he called Rokkov ,and Jane just brushes off it effect like it nothing.

People can dispute the fact that Aaron is bias when it comes to Jane but i can show multiple scans showing this

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: @@mar-vell92:

Solid issue?

Solid for Jane, that makes no sense a Valkyrie bid not superior to the All Father.

But this happened

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

A Valkyrie who is suspose to be below the All Father ,easily beats this Dark Magic..

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

But the All Father turn a slave to the same magic his inferior overcome

No Caption Provided

Right here Aaron make it seem like a Valkyrie could kill an All Father(no form of context can validate this garbage)

Solid ? @Rabumalal Just say you love Thor being undermined and spear us this illusion of you being neutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: rereading that made my stomach hurt.

holding back Valkyrie > OF Thor (amped on that black stuff)

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@thor321 said:

@lazarus4tempest: rereading that made my stomach hurt.

holding back Valkyrie > OF Thor (amped on that black stuff)

This thought of that make me sick to my stomach ,Aaron needs to keep Thor out of his trash of a stories.

Sometimes i wonder if he has any sense or his brain is replace with literal shit

And that Valkyrie >OF Thor only applies in Aaron's little world

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.