Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics?

• 177 results
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Thorthunder98

Poll Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics? (159 votes)

Yes bring back the real Thor Mjolnir or Jarnbjorn just bring him back 26%
    Yes and give him back Mjolnir too 58%
    No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 13%

I'm curious to how many people actually want to keep the Lady Thor around or would rather the real Thor be back as the main character in his own comic.

• 
    ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ParaChomp

No, I want the character to move forward not back to where he was.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should always be front and center in his own book anybody else should get another book. Odd how that works...

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone does

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A majority of Thor fans want option two, but Marvel wont grant it until sales of the current character drop precipitously.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Thor back as Thor but I actually really lie his new axe and arm. Hopfully he keeps both including his hammer when he truly returns to be being Thor, Screw she-thor

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fans have spoken! Time to bring attention via twitter!

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like Thordis. Dropped the book. Will be Back when real Thor is back.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spykat said:
    @jayc1324 said:

What is really want is Jason Aaron off of the Thor book. Give Thor his arm back, give him Mjolnir back, end this silly "All-Mother" business, and give Odin complete control of Mjolnir again, which he should already have since he put the enchantment on it himself, and ya know, he's always consistently had complete control over it throughout all of Thor's history. From taking it from BRB in the 80s to literally making it fall out of Thor's hand just by speaking in Fear Itself, Odin has always had control on the hammer. This is one of my greatest problems with Jason Aaron's story and I hope it gets fixed.

But...but...Aaron has not finished his goal of teaching us all a lesson yet :(

if I did not know any better I would swear he is trying to get thrown off the writing detail for the Thor book because he is doing everything possible to upset fans and make the character look really bad. I imagine he has a contract and has to write the book for so long before he can move onto other works and maybe that is why he simply insults fans and has pretty much destroyed Asgard and any notion of something you would call Thor. I just cannot imagine him doing this and meaning it I could imagine him doing this because he is tired of writing Thor and simply wants off the book.

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes bring back Thor and give him Mjolnir, but I think his arm is sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parachomp: Yea move forward not be bumped out the way of the comic for someone else

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they no longer care about the comics and the sales they are going for the cartoon sales and the movie sales.

They insult fans of the comics because they think they will still see the movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By arthurkerr

Shouldn't go back to Thor. Mjolnir should get passed around the MU like a symbiote.

To funny Jasson get off comic vine and go back to your cave....

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JetiiMitra said:

Shouldn't go back to Thor. Mjolnir should get passed around the MU like a symbiote.

To funny Jasson get off comic vine and go back to your cave....

lol!

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both, so I'm fine having either. Although, I hope they eventually get rid of jane foster and just have her be thor like they did with donald blake.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky said:

I like both, so I'm fine having either. Although, I hope they eventually get rid of jane foster and just have her be thor like they did with donald blake.

I suggest some more Thor reading, perhaps (Matt Fraction) The Mighty Thor issues #12 to #17...Blake wan'st a real character like Jane Foster, (Odin's creation)...

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I am well aware of this. I own a lot of thor books. The idea of thor having and alter ego is just dumb to me.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky said:

@asgaard: I am well aware of this. I own a lot of thor books. The idea of thor having and alter ego is just dumb to me.

Ok... I apologize for the wrong interpretation of you statement, but the way you said it, didn't help my interpretation.

Actually i also dislike alter egos, and the best and perhaps only good thing of Fraction's legacy on Thor was get rid of Blake even if was Kevin Feige mandatory...

Unfortunately Aaron current writing on Thor is really bad to the point that is not a Thor story anymore, but The God Butcher Arcs were really good and with Blake there, that stories would not have the same Godly essence...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: Well the problem is Jane Foster is who she is, "Thor" is simply an alias, it's the polar opposite of the Thor / Donald Blake dynamic.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: NEWSFLASH: WE HATE HER AND ONLY LIKE THOR!!! WE WILL NEVER GIVE HER A CHANCE BECAUSE SHES ALWAYS BEEN A BS CHARACTER. Maybe now you'll understand! Sheesh......still trying to talk us into liking this idiot. The only good thing about this book is that she's dying!

"Thordis is a character almost every Thor fan adores????" WTF ARE YOU SMOKING???? Thordis was a character in a What If? And if you're referring to this current stupid character you are severely delusional! None of us THOR fans even remotely like her. Never will. Anyone who does, ISN'T a THOR fan. End of story.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By arthurkerr

Every time I look at this idea I think its not his. Its not Jasson that came up with this lame idea but some pencil pusher forced it on him. I just for the life of me cannot see a good writer coming up with this lame idea. Its just a gimmick for sales and I would say he is saying why in the hell am I stuck with this idea. Fans hate it they see him as being in the middle of a great story and having to stop it for a pc stunt that under mines everything he has written in the past.

It is bad with a capital b and that is not good. It insults fans it does everything possible to alienate the industry and what great writing has always been about.

They attempt to take not just one hero but many and destroy the names , from Captain America to Spiderman to Captain Marvel. If you do that you destroy what makes them a draw what pulls you in and says that no other hero like this hero exist. When you do that anybody can write or create hero just like yours. They just have to change the person behind the mask , holding the hammer or saving the day.

Wait because Marvel heroes have stopped saving the day it has become a war of Mutant vs humans a war of parent vs child and a war of great stories vs just another character in a mask.

So I say no this is not the idea of any writer worth anything but just another money making scame to take you money waste your time and have you scratching your head at the end of it all like this very post. You just wonder why you started reading it.

Why wont Jason stand up for his character of Thor and say. You know damn well Thor is worthy and he spent all that time proving he was. Maybe just maybe they brought him into the office and on that day they whispered that he had to change Thor to a women. The real whisper is. Do this or your fired.

So he had to suck it up and take it.

Do this or your fired. Hell I would say give me my last check because I be damned if the creative soul behind great writing should go down in a blaze of flame because of somebody wants to change a industry that needed change but not in that direction. Great stories are produced and made with the fans in mind. They are the product of a mind that has some freedom. When one character is changed it is a writer making a choose. When all those characters are changed it is a company forcing a writer to do as they say.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: Fully agree. I've always hated alter egos. They are just unnecessary and almost always make for a convoluted story line.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

who doesn't?

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female Thor is a kickass idea I just don't know if the way Jason implemented it was really the best.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bring Thor back, lady Thor might be saleable just bring back Thor. I still stand by Jason Aaron being a really good Thor writer he just has to do a better job than he did on the last volume.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180 said:

Just bring Thor back, lady Thor might be saleable just bring back Thor. I still stand by Jason Aaron being a really good Thor writer he just has to do a better job than he did on the last volume.

Obviously Jason Aaron can't disappoint me anymore, but what will be your reaction if Aaron undone Avengers Issue 32 events? (Perhaps one of the best representations in recent years of the Valhallan spirit).

Jonathan Hickman writing in that issue really connected with me to the point that i also care for Hyperion, and see them again in battle with that same spirit could be something special (again), but by the all new all different marvel announcements Thor can't be worthy again...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly as soon as I started to like thor after hating him for a while he instantly becomes unworthy lol I was looking forward to reading some new cool stories but I just get femthor

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The original Thor will be back eventually.

Avatar image for pageonepanelone
    PageOnePanelOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Option 3.5. I want Jane's story to run its full course and for Odinson to grow as a character while it does. He's defined by his life as the God of Thunder in status, name, powers, relationships, history and responsibilities. Take those away, and we get to really explore what they mean for the character. So I'm fine with Ms. Foster adopting the mantle for a little while. The God of Thunder will be back in time.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Asgaard

@pageonepanelone said:

Option 3.5. I want Jane's story to run its full course and for Odinson to grow as a character while it does. He's defined by his life as the God of Thunder in status, name, powers, relationships, history and responsibilities. Take those away, and we get to really explore what they mean for the character. So I'm fine with Ms. Foster adopting the mantle for a little while. The God of Thunder will be back in time.

Isn't time yet to know that Thor born and will die as the God of Thunder? And the hammer doesn't have any influence in that? When alive Thor can't be a mantle, there are several feats where Thor demonstrated his God of Thunder capabilities without Mjolnir, this posts with so much lack of knowledge on the characters are saturating...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Femthor=garbage

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By z3ro180

@asgaard: it depends on how he undoes it. If it's good then I will like it if not then that's a new thread topic.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@asgaard: it depends on how he undoes it. If it's good then I will like it if not then that's a new thread topic.

Here i have to agree with you, (we can't judge unknown stuff, even if Aaron and marvel recent track record with Thor is a lot more destructive than constructive)...

Avatar image for pageonepanelone
    PageOnePanelOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PageOnePanelOne

@asgaard: The continuity's been softly reworked for sure, as it has been a number of times i.e. Donald Blake, at times can wield lightning only when grasping the hammer, etc. But it doesn't really seem like the rules of the hammer have strayed much from those of the past during Aaron's run. Those feats without Mjolnir: was he worthy or unworthy at the time? Whoever grasps the hammer and is worthy possesses the power of Thor. Weilding lightning or retaining above-normal Asgardian physical attributes without Mjolnir in his hand isn't much of a stretch on the original rules if he's worthy. He'll gradually lose his connection to that power if he's separated from it, but the power's still in his possession. When he's unworthy, however, he's totally cut off all at once. He's Asgardian again.

Mjolnir doesn't make him any less the son of Odin and Gaea, nor does losing it erase his history, make his friends unable to recognize him, or stop him from feeling a sense of duty. But it does set him above most of Asgard and those in the nine realms, affecting those relationship dynamics. Without Mjolnir he's more vulnerable and doesn't inspire the same fear from foes as in his past. In battle, his friends may have to pick up his slack. Without Mjolnir, he'd die as the Prince of Asgard, but without the Thunder to qualify the God of, that title would be debatable.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pageonepanelone:

You are completely wrong Thor's durability/slow aging/ and other above-normal Asgardian attributes come from his mother the Elder Earth-Goddess GAEA not the Hammer... The unworthy = no God of Thunder powers argument is just unfounded to not use other words, because even in Aaron's Thor God of Thunder young Thor was the God of Thunder without never wield Mjolnir... But if you want see that same scenario with the current unworthy Thor watch the scan below...

Loki Agent of Asgard #9... Thor unworthy (during Aaron's run).

No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@pageonepanelone:

You are completely wrong Thor's durability/slow aging/ and other above-normal Asgardian attributes come from his mother the Elder Earth-Goddess GAEA not the Hammer... The unworthy = no God of Thunder powers argument is just unfounded to not use other words, because even in Aaron's Thor God of Thunder young Thor was the God of Thunder without never wield Mjolnir...

Exactly. How exactly would someone, being worthy, have the "power of Thor" if Thor himself would not have those powers without Mjolnir? If that were the case the enchantment should be giving the wielder of the hammer the "power of Mjolnir", not Thor.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

Honestly as soon as I started to like thor after hating him for a while he instantly becomes unworthy lol I was looking forward to reading some new cool stories but I just get femthor

I can totally relate, even though I've been a long time Thor fan I had just got back into reading comics last summer after a LONG hiatus, think I got the last two or three issues of TGoT and the Tenth Realm miniseries and then BAM, he's unworthy and we get Thordis shoved down our throats. :(

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@pageonepanelone:

You are completely wrong Thor's durability/slow aging/ and other above-normal Asgardian attributes come from his mother the Elder Earth-Goddess GAEA not the Hammer... The unworthy = no God of Thunder powers argument is just unfounded to not use other words, because even in Aaron's Thor God of Thunder young Thor was the God of Thunder without never wield Mjolnir...

Exactly. How exactly would someone, being worthy, have the "power of Thor" if Thor himself would not have those powers without Mjolnir? If that were the case the enchantment should be giving the wielder of the hammer the "power of Mjolnir", not Thor.

Absolutely true, i think D. Blake is what makes this confusions but he was not a "real character", Thor is the real character and just following your argument how stupid/pathetic is when Thor is only the Odinson but the enchantment refers to him as Thor?

Again...

No Caption Provided

Barqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: i agree with what you said about jason coming up with the idea about she Thor.. i have very little faith that it was his idea to come up with she thor after reading the first couple arcs with the real Thor dealing with the god-butcher Gorr (then out of nowhere, all of a sudden fans get sideswiped with a massively powerful whisper that ultimately gets Thor's arm permanently cut off leaving his hammer to someone new..) i have no problem with a new character picking up Thors hammer and pretending to be Thor, but destructing the original in almost every way is no way for me like the imposter no matter who it is. i used to read Thor comics for Thor odinson, not pretender hammerette( if thor was dealt with more respect through this whole ordeal i might still be reading marvel comics)

Barqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor being without Mjolnir shouldn't make him any less a god of thunder than with it, he was born that way. The hammer is simply a tool of the person who uses it, and if a Norse god a thunders abilities are transferred onto a hammer, it will simply reflect the ability of whose powers and abilities were copied.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree and if they wanted to show a female they could have done it many other ways.

The nine realms could have been under attack and he had to leave earth undefended.

So he uses his god powers and simply leaves the hammer behind and lets Mjolnir or the spirit there in come out and take human form or in this case god form.

She reaches down and draws on the might of Thor and the lightning strikes and she screams "I am Thor" Eyes glowing Norse female god of thunder ready to cause some pain.

So you see the spirit of the hammer could easily be female and called upon to do service while he goes elsewhere in the 9 realms this would be awesome it would add another character it would show Thor is kick ass without it a plus plus in any book.

Walking through the portal Thor looks around at the land of the storm giants all chained and bound and he is worried he draws his bow from the void he whispers to the arrows and as he lets them loose they carry the lightning they strike with the thunder they carry the name Thor with them each. Thor has come to the land of the storm giants and he is prepared for war.

So how hard is it to make Thor look good come up with a female Thor and not insult readers?

Give us a good story for both parties and create a character that can stand the ages.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Funny you should say that, since apparently there will be a group of Thors from alternate universes that will be guarding battleworld. So you kind of get this in some form or another. Dozens of Thors!!!

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
    @JetiiMitra said:

Funny you should say that, since apparently there will be a group of Thors from alternate universes that will be guarding battleworld. So you kind of get this in some form or another. Dozens of Thors!!!

no that would suck. just one Thor and Mjolnir whom comes out when called. No other Thors sends a chill down my spine how bad that is.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

she is the real thor

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she is the real thor

no she is Jane that is far from the real Thor that would be Jane... All day long seven days a week.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.