Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics?

• 177 results
Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) 1 year, 10 months ago

Poll: Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics? (155 votes)

Yes bring back the real Thor Mjolnir or Jarnbjorn just bring him back 26%
Yes and give him back Mjolnir too 58%
No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 13%

I'm curious to how many people actually want to keep the Lady Thor around or would rather the real Thor be back as the main character in his own comic.

#1 Posted by Batman3000 (5136 posts) - - Show Bio

Real Thor all the way!!

#2 Posted by Cream_God (15522 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by Asgaard (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't want Aaron writing Thor and Asgard comics, with a new writer Thordis story ends because has no purpose to Asgard and Thor/Asgard will be about GODS again...

#4 Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: True that! He is the God of Thunder with or without it I refuse to accept her as the God of Thunder there can only be one. Don't get why they don't listen to fans.

#5 Posted by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: True that! He is the God of Thunder with or without it

Though I'd prefer he had Mjolnir back as well.

#6 Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@antithetical: Me too 100% but with or without he's a much better character than Thordis.

#7 Edited by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by jayc1324 (20889 posts) - - Show Bio

What is really want is Jason Aaron off of the Thor book. Give Thor his arm back, give him Mjolnir back, end this silly "All-Mother" business, and give Odin complete control of Mjolnir again, which he should already have since he put the enchantment on it himself, and ya know, he's always consistently had complete control over it throughout all of Thor's history. From taking it from BRB in the 80s to literally making it fall out of Thor's hand just by speaking in Fear Itself, Odin has always had control on the hammer. This is one of my greatest problems with Jason Aaron's story and I hope it gets fixed.

#9 Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

What is really want is Jason Aaron off of the Thor book. Give Thor his arm back, give him Mjolnir back, end this silly "All-Mother" business, and give Odin complete control of Mjolnir again, which he should already have since he put the enchantment on it himself, and ya know, he's always consistently had complete control over it throughout all of Thor's history. From taking it from BRB in the 80s to literally making it fall out of Thor's hand just by speaking in Fear Itself, Odin has always had control on the hammer. This is one of my greatest problems with Jason Aaron's story and I hope it gets fixed.

Completely agree he's basically trying to chaing all pre-existing cannon in Thor history. Creating Mjolnir into a character that can think is impossibly stupid which seems where it's heading and the whole Odin thing was ridiculous because as you said he has always had complete control of the hammer.

#10 Posted by username12345 (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

"Yes bring back the real Thor Mjolnir or Jarnbjorn just bring him back 22%

Yes and give him back Mjolnir too (Your vote) 67%

No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 0%"

What a shock. LOL

#11 Posted by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

What a shock. LOL

It's still a fresh poll, there are bound to be a few legitimate Thordis fans and several trolling Thor haters through at some point to skew the results.

#12 Posted by username12345 (4583 posts) - - Show Bio
@username12345 said:

What a shock. LOL

It's still a fresh poll, there are bound to be a few legitimate Thordis fans and several trolling Thor haters through at some point to skew the results.

No Caption Provided

Those don't exist.

#13 Posted by Cream_God (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Aaron pull this crap with his other work? I know he also messed with Ghost Rider a lot

#14 Posted by username12345 (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

"No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 8%"

No Caption Provided

Explain. I dare you.

#15 Posted by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Cream_God (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

how in the hell did option 3 jump from 8% to 20% in 8 minutes?

#17 Posted by username12345 (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

" No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 20%"

WTF!?!?!?!

Explain, and don't be a little hipster/femanazi about it.

#18 Posted by Cream_God (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

" No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 20%"

WTF!?!?!?!

Explain, and don't be a little hipster/femanazi about it.

Youre just a patriarchist who supports misogyny! You haven't been to college!

thats a joke btw

#20 Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want Lady Thor to stay please do explain why you are happy with the main character for years being pushed aside in his own comic

#21 Posted by Zoch81 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

I want real Thor back with arm and the Mjolnir I also want Aaron off book to he terrible writer.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#22 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17054 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read any solo Thor comics so I can't comment on the quality of of this. However I can say that I like the looks of Thordis and axe wielding Thor and the whole passing of the torch ( or in this case the hammer). At the same time I can understand while fans are pissed.

#23 Posted by SC (17257 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, Thor Odinson and Thor Foster are both the main characters of the Thor book, its gone from being a solo title book, to a two protagonist book. Thor Odinson doesn't seem like a side character to me, and I like the current book and I like female Thor. I am not enormously invested in it, and I did prefer many of Aaron's previous Thor stories, especially the day on Midgard, Young Dragon, Roxxon and Gorr stories, so if Thor Foster wasn't around anymore, I'd be okay with that too.

Also many users at CV are fond of Thor Foster, many just don't post about it because of occasional aggressive, users who prefer bad jokes, black and white oversimplified thinking, and having people agree with them, instead of legit discussion and different opinions and perspectives. They see how others are treated and don't bother. Plus the only real Thor is the redheaded one, who has been around for centuries and centuries.

#24 Edited by Asgaard (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Also many users at CV are fond of Thor Foster, many just don't post about it because of occasional aggressive, users who prefer bad jokes, black and white oversimplified thinking, and having people agree with them, instead of legit discussion and different opinions and perspectives. They see how others are treated and don't bother. Plus the only real Thor is the redheaded one, who has been around for centuries and centuries.

I get what you implied some users chose to avoid discuss some subjects where their opinion is very unpopular, but didn't sound like a SC post where all the variables were correctly acknowledged, generalizations are always wrong, your statement also can be interpreted as to much Black and White, users who like Aaron/Marvel current creative decisions on Thor also had aggressive behaviors towards users that dislike what Aaron/Marvel is doing with the character (recently)...

SC account was hacked! Someone PM other moderators. lol

#25 Posted by SC (17257 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: My posts actually usually don't acknowledge every variable, far from it, rather they consider and look for efficiency, as someone who sees who flags who often, and browses much of the site, the heavy aggression comes from fans who aren't happy with this creative discussion. That obviously doesn't mean that all aggression comes from them, or that there aren't a lot of people who are unhappy/critical that aren't aggressive, again that would be to address assumptions, its really more of a numbers thing. Comic forum posters tend to like comics for certain reasons. Its why Bendis/Johns are unpopular (on websites) and so often criticized yet so important and valued by Marvel DC. Its the same reason Thor forums activity went up and so many users started posting after the announcement, people desire mediums to vent.

My statement being interpreted as black and white would be on the competency on the person interpreting it and their ability to seek clarification or form conclusions. This is also what I mean. I give an example of behavior I have seen overwhelmingly from some users and i know why this is, and it is what it is, but tit for tat… it has to be pointed out it happened on other contexts? Of course, but people shouldn't assume otherwise or that when a person points at behavior the they conclude other thats aside from what they point at. (Also generalizations aren't always wrong, its to do with wording and the nature of making conclusive statements versus generally true or accurate statements.)

#26 Posted by Asgaard (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Thor in the MCU threads are also very popular in this site, is not everything about Aaron's present writing/direction, currently (about Thor) i m more interested in debate Thor Ragnarok (movie) and the MCU ramifications.

I understand the context of your post, but when i first read it, i thought that wasn't from the same author of the statement below and other really awesome posts...

"I am the kind of person that likes to consider the differences and similarities of things, even identical twins have different fingerprints".

#27 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

I already knew this wasn't going to be a pleasant experience on Thor comics and the fanbase when She-Thor was first announced and I still hold that view to this day. Aaron's been spinning his wheels without offering any meaningful progression or development to his comic and is honestly wasting many of the potential set ups he created in his God of Thunder run. It would be so much better if Thor was dealing with the rumblings of The War of Realms and thwarting Dario Agger's environmental plundering of the 9 Realms, not She-Thor. It's a lot of wasted potential to be honest and I can't say I trust Aaron to do justice to these characters or fantasy worlds anymore.

#28 Posted by SC (17257 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: I am still that individual, with the same thought processes, instead could it be your interpretation of my post that is different? For example, in a Thor related thread, I just had to explain myself, again. Just for explaining why some users choose not to post in Thor related threads. Do you not see the irony? Users having to explain themselves, defend themselves, that can be extremely weary. Imagine if for every post you made at CV, someone quoted it and pointed out something that you might not have felt necessary to mention? Nitpicked your post or misinterpreted it? Like in your post you didn't mention whether you liked puppies… so does that mean you hate puppies? Please explain how you like puppies so we do not think you hate puppies? When users are hostile to other users that are critical and unhappy with female Thor, that isn't good, all users should feel comfortable to post about comics, share their opinions, preferences, likes and dislikes without being attacked or mocked, in my experience? This occurs far more more often and needlessly with some fans unhappy with the current Thor situation towards users who are okay with it. No one should take anything else away from that statement.

As someone who has been at this website before the Thor movie was released, yes, MCU Thor threads are pretty popular, a lot of MCU threads are popular, as a talking point however, Thor received a greater influx of discussion and thread generation when female Thor was announced and post. Thats not a positive assertion or a negative one, its a neutral one. I don't like… Brian Michael Bendis, but similar happens with his X-Men announcements and news pieces.

#29 Posted by Asgaard (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Definitely i agree that "all users should feel comfortable to post about comics, share their opinions, preferences"...

#30 Posted by SC (17257 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: Yes and that includes puppies as well… just in case you overlooked that… again. =p

#31 Posted by kiba (1350 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by tigerkaya (1425 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't we all agree Thor Foster fans suck.

#33 Edited by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

I think aaron just declined straight after the Gorr arc which was an excellent arc but nothing compared since and he just keeps getting worse. Especially making out that Thordis is better with Mjolnir than Thor who has wielded it for so much longer and beginning to make Mjolnir a character in itself which is ridculous.

#34 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: I don't know, The Last Days of Midgard was a good read IMO, Old King Thor vs Galactus was an epic spectacle. I just wish we were getting God Butcher quality storytelling with Thor rather than Thordis being the main character in Aaron's story and plot lines.

#35 Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yea I did enjoy King Thor vs Galactus that was great to see and yea Last Days of Midgard was good but not as good as the Gorr arc to me which is one of my favourite arcs but I still had fun reading it. But now I just hate spending money on a Thor comic and only getting like two pages of the character I want to read about and the rest being Thordis.

#36 Posted by adderworks (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed, Thordis is a blight on all things comic driven. It is time to get rid of her.

#37 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I think the series is fine how it is. Jane Foster may be wielding Mjolnir now, but she's really only been half of the book. I recently caught up on the series and its been pretty much equal parts Thor and Odinson's stories. Besides, its not like this is a permanent change.

#38 Posted by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yea I did enjoy King Thor vs Galactus that was great to see and yea Last Days of Midgard was good but not as good as the Gorr arc to me which is one of my favourite arcs but I still had fun reading it. But now I just hate spending money on a Thor comic and only getting like two pages of the character I want to read about and the rest being Thordis.

+1 on the King Thor / Galactus part of the Last Days of Midgard arc, I wasn't quite as impressed with the present day storyline.

#39 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: I can agree on that, The Last Days of Midgard was still not as epic in scope or creativie uniqueness as the Gorr arc was. And if you hate spending money on Thor comics now, then I'd advise you simply do not buy it anymore. I and many other Thor fans on here aren't buying this series since we don't enjoy what Aaron is doing at all, and despite all our complaints online, Marvel only cares about the money the series gets so dropping it is the biggest statement that can be made.

@antithetical I personally enjoyed the present day story though I can see why it lacked the lustre of Aaron's previous arc. My least favourite GOT arc was definitely The Accursed though, I just wasn't a fan of The League of Realms nor the artist. A foreshadowing that Aaron wouldn't be as good at the Norse/Asgardian mythology side of Thor's stories I suppose.

#40 Posted by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Unfortunately I haven't yet read The Accursed arc, seen a couple of scans but that's about it. As far as reading previous material I've been mostly ignoring TGoT in favor of trades collecting older runs.

#41 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@antithetical: I've been doing the same, Simonson's work is a treat to read. Did you know he's writing a Norse mythology series called Ragnarök at IDW at the moment? It's actually really good thus far.

#42 Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I have stopped now just got fed up with it so I just re-read my old Thor comics to get satisfied rather than by aaron's current work with him.

#43 Posted by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@antithetical: I've been doing the same, Simonson's work is a treat to read. Did you know he's writing a Norse mythology series called Ragnarök at IDW at the moment? It's actually really good thus far.

Yeah, I'm aware of it, seems the title has a sporadic publication, haven't read any issues though I am kind of interested with Walt being on writing duties.

#44 Posted by Tyger (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

Mh, want an option for her to get Crusher or the Thunderstrike mace...

#45 Edited by arthurkerr (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not want Jane to get any hammer , mace or what so ever item. Let Jane Pass away , had it been any new character I would understand but Jane I could care less about as I have said in the past.

She is one of the things I cannot take in the movies and wish Sif was leading lady.

Jane had her time I wish it was long past.

#46 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I have stopped now just got fed up with it so I just re-read my old Thor comics to get satisfied rather than by aaron's current work with him.

Glad to hear it, we shouldn't be wasting our money as consumers on products we don't want to buy.

@lvenger said:

Yeah, I'm aware of it, seems the title has a sporadic publication, haven't read any issues though I am kind of interested with Walt being on writing duties.

That's my problem with wanting to subscribe to it too, it takes way too long for each issue to come out. As for Walt's writing, it's pretty strong with a nice balance between traditional Norse mythology and Simonson's own style which made his Marvel Thor run so legendary.

#47 Posted by TDK_1997 (17490 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually if you guys stop hating on the female Thor and just try to enjoy the story you will find out that both the storytelling and the character are pretty good. Also Thordis is actually a character that almost every single Thor fan loves and adores.

Now, I do agree that Aaron's storytelling has dropped in quality compared to his previous Thor stories. But what I am trying to say is that everyone is hating on Thordis way too much without even trying to give the book and the character a chance.

#48 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually if you guys stop hating on the female Thor and just try to enjoy the story you will find out that both the storytelling and the character are pretty good.

We aren't hating on just Female Thor anymore, the plot development and story telling are utterly flawed and inconsistent of Marvel's continuity and history of Thor's mythology. Mjolnir being a seperate entity out of Odin's control despite all the times Odin has been able to control the hammer, the ridiculous justification for Jane getting Thor's name because she can lift the hammer when all she has is Thor's powers, not his identity, and the cliched bait and switch was inevitable for Aaron to try and convince readers Jane was She-Thor when most of his hints pointed to Roz.

Also Thordis is actually a character that almost every single Thor fan loves and adores.

So is that Thordis has split the Thor fanbase down the middle then?

But what I am trying to say is that everyone is hating on Thordis way too much without even trying to give the book and the character a chance.

Actually several of the users on the Thor boards have tried the series and found it wanting. I haven't as I don't buy comics I don't want to read where my favourite character is needlessly replaced and demeaned. It was never going to be for me to give it a chance. But most of the people here have and they're not a fan of it.

#49 Posted by antithetical (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: That's a generalization, I've read all eight issues, wanted to give it a chance from the start and actually went into thinking it could be an interesting premise, but from my point of view there are too many problems for me to enjoy this run... no explanation for the grandpa Fury's whisper making Thor unworthy, Odin not being able to lift the hammer after being the one to enchant it in the first place, Mjolnir being more of a symbiotic entity rather than a weapon and imparting all of Thor's skill and knowledge upon Jane because she can't be shown to be a novice having to learn how to use the hammer, the overt heavy-handed "girls rule boys drool" slant of the story, Thor himself being portrayed having a rather simple minded obsession with her identity and going to extreme lengths to eliminate the possible candidates, the fact Aaron took a full eight issues to finally reveal her identity to just the readers and I'm not sure how that's going to play out still having her identity unknown to everyone in the MU but I don't care to read another issues with Thor Odinson coming up with some scheme to figure out her identity... and I'm sure I've overlooked a couple of things. If you're enjoying it I'm glad for you, I know there are a few others who've said they've liked the story. I just feel it could have been handled so much better, in a way which would have satisfied a good percentage of old readers and without Aaron disparaging long time Thor fans having legitimate complaints. As for whether I'll continue to follow the title I'm undecided, now that Aaron has finished toying with readers concerning her identity maybe he'll get around to telling an actual compelling story.

#50 Posted by Spykat (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

But...but...Aaron has not finished his goal of teaching us all a lesson yet :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.