Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

who is on par with thors combat skills

• 52 results
    InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InnerSuperman

its hard to say.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By agent9149

Wonder woman.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueMarvel

hercules. in terms of hand to hand combat. even slightly better.

No one in terms of pure raw power(this isn't strength. talking pure power here).

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Agent9149 said:

Wonder woman.

nope! She'd have to have centuries of battle knowledge and combat time , which she could never have. WW stated once that a speed blitz by Superman would not work because her muscle are used to combat reactions. What do you think Thor's muscles and knowledge of combat over centuries amount to in comparison of WW. She's a great warrior but never in the same class as the God of Thunder.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Eighty days fighting. He may have killed at least millions of enemies on this battle.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sommyt

@evilvegeta74: I love that scan Thor just looks sick 80 days ...there's also one where he alone fights the entire frost giant army for countless months

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

@sommyt: Thanks, I think it was fitting for people to see since they wanna see who's on par with him. Notice no Mjolnir!

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sommyt

@evilvegeta74: yea bro i hate how people think Mjolnir is who makes Thor like without Mjolnir freaking antman would beat him up

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

@sommyt: Exactly!

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sommyt

@evilvegeta74 said:

@sommyt: Exactly!

PREACH!!!!!!!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

@evilvegeta74 I fearing love that battle between thor and that army

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Z3RO180 said:

Oh yeah!

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sommyt

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Z3RO180 said:

Oh yeah!

this lol

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Pyrogram

Many people are on par or stronger, but Thor is pretty high tier.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FiMFTW

Didn't he stalemate Cap in just H2H?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By New_World_Order

@Pyrogram said:

Skill wise, not strength.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Pyrogram

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Pyrogram said:

Many people are skill wise and strength wise on par.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By New_World_Order

@Pyrogram said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Pyrogram said:

Many people are skill wise and strength wise on par.

Oh

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fifthchild

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Agent9149 said:

Wonder woman.

nope! She'd have to have centuries of battle knowledge and combat time , which she could never have. WW stated once that a speed blitz by Superman would not work because her muscle are used to combat reactions. What do you think Thor's muscles and knowledge of combat over centuries amount to in comparison of WW. She's a great warrior but never in the same class as the God of Thunder.

Eighty days fighting. He may have killed at least millions of enemies on this battle.

Yeah i've gotta say i've seen those scans bandied about quite a few times on here but i dont think thet really make the best reference. It a flashback to a story told by Volstagg the Voluminous to a time when he was apparently known as "Volstagg the Staggeringly Perfect" and they fought for 40 days in a land which didnt even have days or nights. One of Volstagg's most consistent character traits is being boastful and prone to exaggeration if not outright lying - which the story itself is kind of sending up so its not really a reliable account of what - if anything happened.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By evilvegeta74

@sommyt: @Pyrogram: @Fifthchild said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Agent9149 said:

Wonder woman.

Yeah i've gotta say i've seen those scans bandied about quite a few times on here but i dont think thet really make the best reference. It a flashback to a story told by Volstagg the Voluminous to a time when he was apparently known as "Volstagg the Staggeringly Perfect" and they fought for 40 days in a land which didnt even have days or nights. One of Volstagg's most consistent character traits is being boastful and prone to exaggeration if not outright lying - which the story itself is kind of sending up so its not really a reliable account of what - if anything happened.

Many would disagree with what you said , as do I ! WW in comparison to 616 Thor isn't even debateable, unless you're a WW Fanboy. Honestly I not so sure she's on par with Ultimate Thor. Oh, I hear you speak of Volstagg's boast, in case you hadn't notice that's what most Norse Gods do boast of battles, thats not uncommon. If you believe the feat to be an outright liue, then you may as well broadcast to the world that 616 Thor's feats were all lies if they were mentioned by Volstagg. I know, sounds absurd right? So those you're comment. The feats legit, live with it, don't knock it , because you can't find such a feat by WW. As a matter of fact for every WW feat, I believe there may threeor four greater ones by 616 Thor.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fifthchild

@evilvegeta74 said:

Many would disagree with what you said , as do I ! WW in comparison to 616 Thor isn't even debateable, unless you're a WW Fanboy. Honestly I not so sure she's on par with Ultimate Thor.

I haven't said a single thing about Wonder Woman yet. But as you bring it up - yes WW vs Thor is very debatable as in WW would be a tough fight for Thor. Shes faster, almost as strong, has some pretty cool toys of her own that could nullify many of the advatages Mjolnir gives Thor and - yeah shes probably much more skilled.

Oh, I hear you speak of Volstagg's boast, in case you hadn't notice that's what most Norse Gods do boast of battles, thats not uncommon.

In case you hadn't noticed Volstagg in particular is famous for his tall tales and massive exagerrations and tenedency to talk himself up. These are defining character traits.

If you believe the feat to be an outright liue, then you may as well broadcast to the world that 616 Thor's feats were all lies if they were mentioned by Volstagg. I know, sounds absurd right?

Ummm does it? How many of Thor's feats are attributable to stories told by Volstagg? Pretty much just this one i imagine. So that doesnt seem like a particularly meaningful line of argument.

Not that i'm necesssarily saying that Volstagg's story was an outright lie - more that it seems pretty sensible to take it with a large grain of salt given both who was telling it and some of the details of the story "Volstagg the Staggeringly Perfect", "Hogun The Good became Hogun the Grim", "Fandral The Plain" etc

So those you're comment. The feats legit, live with it, don't knock it , because you can't find such a feat by WW. As a matter of fact for every WW feat, I believe there may threeor four greater ones by 616 Thor.

Wow - dont know about that. Diana has reaction feats that Thor can't begin to touch for one things. And genuine skill showings and props (Batman called her the finest melee fighter on the planet) that he doesn't really merit either. She doesn't compare badly in strength either if you want to compare by the moon/planet moving feats she has been involved with (though i'm not a big feats-booster or believer that DC characters are much stronger than Marvel characters). Generally though this comment just shows ignorance/disrepect for what WW brings to the table.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By THORSON

supes

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Fifthchild said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Many would disagree with what you said , as do I ! WW in comparison to 616 Thor isn't even debateable, unless you're a WW Fanboy. Honestly I not so sure she's on par with Ultimate Thor.

I haven't said a single thing about Wonder Woman yet. But as you bring it up - yes WW vs Thor is very debatable as in WW would be a tough fight for Thor. Shes faster, almost as strong, has some pretty cool toys of her own that could nullify many of the advatages Mjolnir gives Thor and - yeah shes probably much more skilled.

Oh, I hear you speak of Volstagg's boast, in case you hadn't notice that's what most Norse Gods do boast of battles, thats not uncommon.

In case you hadn't noticed Volstagg in particular is famous for his tall tales and massive exagerrations and tenedency to talk himself up. These are defining character traits.

If you believe the feat to be an outright liue, then you may as well broadcast to the world that 616 Thor's feats were all lies if they were mentioned by Volstagg. I know, sounds absurd right?

Ummm does it? How many of Thor's feats are attributable to stories told by Volstagg? Pretty much just this one i imagine. So that doesnt seem like a particularly meaningful line of argument.

Not that i'm necesssarily saying that Volstagg's story was an outright lie - more that it seems pretty sensible to take it with a large grain of salt given both who was telling it and some of the details of the story "Volstagg the Staggeringly Perfect", "Hogun The Good became Hogun the Grim", "Fandral The Plain" etc

So those you're comment. The feats legit, live with it, don't knock it , because you can't find such a feat by WW. As a matter of fact for every WW feat, I believe there may threeor four greater ones by 616 Thor.

Wow - dont know about that. Diana has reaction feats that Thor can't begin to touch for one things. And genuine skill showings and props (Batman called her the finest melee fighter on the planet) that he doesn't really merit either. She doesn't compare badly in strength either if you want to compare by the moon/planet moving feats she has been involved with (though i'm not a big feats-booster or believer that DC characters are much stronger than Marvel characters). Generally though this comment just shows ignorance/disrepect for what WW brings to the table.

Interesting statement, I see you're on that speed thing, I'll let WW explain best for you. This is what would happen if she faced Thor (read the scan closely it explains that speed carries no advantage in battle against seasoned warriors), and I don't hold her in high regards, when it comes to being compared to Thor. Do you think she could face a being like Glory alone and win! I'm sorry no disrespect, but she's the greates DC warrior, but she doesn't measure up to Thor! You wanna compare feats to prove your point, we can do that ,but you know the end result!

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fifthchild

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Fifthchild said:

Interesting statement, I see you're on that speed thing, I'll let WW explain best for you. This is what would happen if she faced Thor

Wow - a single scan plucked from all of continuity that explains what would happen when Wonder Woman and Thor fought! Um not quite.

Again I'm the last person on the board to be a big superspeed-autowin booster like 99% of posters on comicvine seem to be. But Wonder Woman is faster than Thor. Undeniably so. And the fact that he is a "seasoned warrior" isn't going to change that.

And for what its worth shes a better warrior. If you want to go with that metric she had Hercules pinned in JLA/Avengers while at least one encounter between Thor and a drunken Hercules made clear that Herc had a skill advantage over Thor.

And for the record that scan you provided was pretty controversial when it came out and was basically McDuffie trying to rationalise/explain an earlier comment about Wonder Woman being faster than Superman. Even so, as can be seen in the story Superman himself is far from convinved nor the issue really settled.

(read the scan closely it explains that speed carries no advantage in battle against seasoned warriors),

Not only does it not say that - it doesnt help your case anyway because the one saying it is Wonder Woman who by any reasonabe examination of the facts is at least as fast and skilled as Thor.

and I don't hold her in high regards, when it comes to being compared to Thor. Do you think she could face a being like Glory alone and win!

I dont like the character much but yes, she has done things just as stupid. Much like Thor, mythological creatures and Gods are her specialty.

I'm sorry no disrespect, but she's the greates DC warrior, but she doesn't measure up to Thor! You wanna compare feats to prove your point, we can do that ,but you know the end result!

Compare feats as in skill and speed? Thor would be destroyed. I'm no Wonder Woman fan (i semi-loathe the character, mostly from having one fan in particular on another board relentlessly shove her down everyones throats) but in skill she is almost certainly Thor's superior and in speed unarguably so.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By evilvegeta74

This is absurd, Thor has been fighting for centuries as a warrior, long before WW was created. How could you even think that the short time WW has existed , that she'd have better combat expierience as a warrior, than Thor ? Seriously, let me make it simplistic for , If I had been training in the martal arts for 10 yrs and you've been doing it for 100yr, how on heaven in earth could I possibly compare my skill to yours. I don't know what part you didn't understand about the random scan as you call or not, but Thor's muscles are trained to react in the same fashion that WW explained (in the Scan) in battle with a individual whose faster. WW woudn't stand a chance against Thor, ever. Why would you try to compare DC Hercules to Marvel comics Hercules, there is no comparison, marvels version is clearly stronger and has more feats, so whatever it was that you said WW did to the Dc version isn't relevant. I don't wanna get into the Hercules Thor debate because if you go do the research, inspite of whats been said Thor knocks Herc around qite a bit for many years and I have a few issues in my closet to cosign on that. Why you mentioned WW in the same breath with Herc and Thor ,I don't know. Overall WW doesn't stand a chance against Thor and your argument is futile and there are multitude that would agree . To be sporting about it thogh how about we not only set up a pole and let the people show although I'm sure it's been done. While we are at it since you're so confidant about WW, lets set up a feats scan to show the people who has the greatest feats. Do you except? Actually it be a waste of time for me because I know the truth, but I have no problem making individuals see the light, especially when it come s to Thor. I suggest you go look at some of the Thor Threads before you set yourself up for fail, Aye!

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fifthchild

@evilvegeta74 said:

This is absurd, Thor has been fighting for centuries as a warrior, long before WW was created. How could you even think that the short time WW has existed , that she'd have better combat expierience as a warrior, than Thor ? Seriously, let me make it simplistic for , If I had been training in the martal arts for 10 yrs and you've been doing it for 100yr, how on heaven in earth could I possibly compare my skill to yours.

Yeah thats a really bad argument. Thor has been eating and drinking for centuries - does that make him the greatest food critic that ever lived? Thor has been hitting people in the head with a hammer for a long time. Its hardly like hes some guy who hits the dojo every evening for 1000 years, testing his skills against people with similar physical strength and durability.

Its not like skill is something that linearly increases with time spent continuously anyway. A 40 year old is not automatically twice as good a conversationalist as a 20 year old. Almost every skill involves a period of mastery and then a plateau in which little if anything is gained.

And all of this ignores the question of talent anyway. I could play tennis for 100 years and never be as good as a 20 year old Grand Slam champion.

Anyway lets make it even more simple - do you think Thor is more skilled fighter than Batman or Captain America? Thor should be hundreds of times better right?

I don't know what part you didn't understand about the random scan as you call or not, but Thor's muscles are trained to react in the same fashion that WW explained (in the Scan) in battle with a individual whose faster.

Perhaps the part that you didn't understand is that even if we were to totally base this fight on that one scan you have chosen out of everything else, Wonder Woman's muscles "have been trained to react" in the exact same way. In fact the scan says nothing about Thor's muscles being trained to react which even if Thor was involved in the scene wouldn't really be surprising - unlike Diana Thor is not a particularly skilled fighter. Its never been something thats stressed about him and hes often had some pretty ordinary showings, particularly in comparison to genuinely skilled sharacters.

So while this scan is supposed to show that Thor would outfight a much faster but unskilled opponent it does nothing to help Thor in particular against a much faster and more skilled opponent.

WW woudn't stand a chance against Thor, ever. Why would you try to compare DC Hercules to Marvel comics Hercules, there is no comparison, marvels version is clearly stronger and has more feats, so whatever it was that you said WW did to the Dc version isn't relevant.

I thought it was pretty clear i was referring to this: Diana pinning MU Herc vs Thor struggling in the grip of a drunken Herc.

No Caption Provided

I don't wanna get into the Hercules Thor debate because if you go do the research, inspite of whats been said Thor knocks Herc around qite a bit for many years and I have a few issues in my closet to cosign on that. Why you mentioned WW in the same breath with Herc and Thor ,I don't know. Overall WW doesn't stand a chance against Thor and your argument is futile and there are multitude that would agree . To be sporting about it thogh how about we not only set up a pole and let the people show although I'm sure it's been done.

If you feel this would really make some kind of difference - by all means, do so. Start a topic on the Battle forum about who is faster and who is more skilled - Thor or Diana. Assuming theres one or two people familiar with the character you might be disappointed with the results.

While we are at it since you're so confidant about WW, lets set up a feats scan to show the people who has the greatest feats. Do you except? Actually it be a waste of time for me because I know the truth, but I have no problem making individuals see the light, especially when it come s to Thor. I suggest you go look at some of the Thor Threads before you set yourself up for fail, Aye!

Wow you are super-confident for someone who has very little idea of what you are talking about. Tell you what I will invite the biggest WW fanatic I know from herochat to come and tell you everything you would ever wish to know about Wonder Woman and much more besides. Her love of the character is as one-sided as yours is of Thor's but she should easily be able to prove Diana's superiority in skill and speed.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Rumble Man

Karate kid

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Fifthchild: You've said so many pointless thing, a scan that isn't canon, drunken Herc -Thor fight, and what it took you like a week to come up with that crap! Would it be fair I throw out a scan like the one below( That scan isnt can either but imagine the pain she'd feel if Thor did this it would probably be massive like thebottom scan), I'm not .You making silly age comparisons speaking of playing tennis , when I'm talking about the Norse God of Thunder excelling in combat for centuries, what comparison is that. You talk as though Thor has been sitting around for centuries getting drunk and being merry. He is a warrior born and bred , son of Odin, and Gaea! Hmm thousands of years pounding enemies in the head with moljnir, he has to earn the right to wield it first. Now you wanna go get assistance from the numero uno WW fanatic as well. lol!

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fifthchild

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Fifthchild: You've said so many pointless thing, a scan that isn't canon, drunken Herc -Thor fight, and what it took you like a week to come up with that crap!

You criticise me for using "a scan that isn't canon" when a conversation between Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman about how Wonder Woman is faster than Superman is supposed to be evidence that Thor is faster than Wonder Woman. It doesn't take me a week to come up with everything. I'm just not always hanging around this board every 10 minutes in rderto reply to you.

Would it be fair I throw out a scan like the one below( That scan isnt can either but imagine the pain she'd feel if Thor did this it would probably be massive like thebottom scan), I'm not .

No - it would be completely irrelevant to a discussion about speed and skill. Its almost like you've given up.

You making silly age comparisons speaking of playing tennis , when I'm talking about the Norse God of Thunder excelling in combat for centuries, what comparison is that.

Its one of many comparisons that clearly demonstrate that Thor isn't necessarily going to be a much greater fighter than someone else just because he has been around much longer than them.

You talk as though Thor has been sitting around for centuries getting drunk and being merry. He is a warrior born and bred , son of Odin, and Gaea! Hmm thousands of years pounding enemies in the head with moljnir, he has to earn the right to wield it first. Now you wanna go get assistance from the numero uno WW fanatic as well. lol!

Thanks for the rest of the scans that do nothing to demonstrate Thor can match let alone exceed Diana in speed and/or skill.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Fifthchild said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Fifthchild: You've said so many pointless thing, a scan that isn't canon, drunken Herc -Thor fight, and what it took you like a week to come up with that crap!

You criticise me for using "a scan that isn't canon" when a conversation between Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman about how Wonder Woman is faster than Superman is supposed to be evidence that Thor is faster than Wonder Woman. It doesn't take me a week to come up with everything. I'm just not always hanging around this board every 10 minutes in rderto reply to you.

Would it be fair I throw out a scan like the one below( That scan isnt can either but imagine the pain she'd feel if Thor did this it would probably be massive like thebottom scan), I'm not .

No - it would be completely irrelevant to a discussion about speed and skill. Its almost like you've given up.

You making silly age comparisons speaking of playing tennis , when I'm talking about the Norse God of Thunder excelling in combat for centuries, what comparison is that.

Its one of many comparisons that clearly demonstrate that Thor isn't necessarily going to be a much greater fighter than someone else just because he has been around much longer than them.

You talk as though Thor has been sitting around for centuries getting drunk and being merry. He is a warrior born and bred , son of Odin, and Gaea! Hmm thousands of years pounding enemies in the head with moljnir, he has to earn the right to wield it first. Now you wanna go get assistance from the numero uno WW fanatic as well. lol!

Thanks for the rest of the scans that do nothing to demonstrate Thor can match let alone exceed Diana in speed and/or skill.

You are back at again , you came here to say what? Give it a rest WW is in no way a match for Thor even on his bad days, so yield, you're wasting my time. When you make statements, they sound like this at this point:

F9L_F4N_T0_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By F9L_F4N_T0_C

Vegeta would beat Thor.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: HAHAHA,good try,wonder woman hs enough power and skills to give thor a run for his money,poor wonder woman,being a woman in the comic world is the worst thing ever,nobody wants to give her the respect she deserves,people always understimate her,she has god like powers and has been figthing all her life in many types of combat,but no,she can't even give a good fight against superman,or cap marvel,or thor,or hulk,i guess that for people like you she couldn't even give a good fight against a paper bag.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By evilvegeta74

@gokuwarrior said:

@evilvegeta74: HAHAHA,good try,wonder woman hs enough power and skills to give thor a run for his money,poor wonder woman,being a woman in the comic world is the worst thing ever,nobody wants to give her the respect she deserves,people always understimate her,she has god like powers and has been figthing all her life in many types of combat,but no,she can't even give a good fight against superman,or cap marvel,or thor,or hulk,i guess that for people like you she couldn't even give a good fight against a paper bag.

Don't get me wrong she's the toughest female at Dc and tougher than the majority of the guys. I give her credit where it's due, I have much respect for the Amazon with forever changing origins and powers. When it comes to fighting a top tier character like Thor, I see nothing but failure for her , even with him holding back due to her being mortal which he does on a regular.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: don't get me wrong but you don't give her credict at all,she fights gods frequently,she has the power to do so,but of course you're gonna deny it,probably you'll some low showings or some personal oppinion about what how powerful she is supposed to be to put her in a lower standard,ypu also say she can't beat cap marvel,what feats make you feel that she is so below him too?,just face it,you are one of those people that always put her below the big men,just cos she is a woman,and don't come here with the shit that her origin changes ll the time,she had the same origin for more than 50 years,and she has had the same powers since her debut in 1941,obiously her powers had upgrades,just like ms marvel,superman,cap marvel and everyone else,why would wonder woman be the exception?.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By tensor

Thor combat skills sucks even punisher has better combat skills than thor.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By GunGunW

Hercules

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By evilvegeta74

@tensorsaid:

Thor combat skills sucks even punisher has better combat skills than thor.

You're so wrong on so many levels! I love it when I run into non- believers! Look no Mjolnir!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

@gokuwarrior

said:

@evilvegeta74: don't get me wrong but you don't give her credict at all,she fights gods frequently,she has the power to do so,but of course you're gonna deny it,probably you'll some low showings or some personal oppinion about what how powerful she is supposed to be to put her in a lower standard,ypu also say she can't beat cap marvel,what feats make you feel that she is so below him too?,just face it,you are one of those people that always put her below the big men,just cos she is a woman,and don't come here with the shit that her origin changes ll the time,she had the same origin for more than 50 years,and she has had the same powers since her debut in 1941,obiously her powers had upgrades,just like ms marvel,superman,cap marvel and everyone else,why would wonder woman be the exception?.

Now back to you,I do respect her but not fighting against the God of Thunder Thor. As far as her origins and powers changing over the yrs, yeah it has happened , I not concearned about the 50 yr history thing. I mean at one point the invisible Jet was cast away, and she was flying and doing other things. If I'm not mistaken, her bacelets hold back her power as well as protect her from bullets and other projectiles. Did I say bullets, oh darn , I guess she can be killed by bullet ,not Thor though. She's not in the same class as Thor, by the way that scan is for the other guy , perhaps you should view it as well, maybe you can come up with a WW feat to compare!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: wonder woman's origin changed only 2 times in 72 years,the first time was in the 60s,that's when the blessings from the gods were introduced,the second time was in 2011 with the new rebot for all DC characters,her powers are still the same,just on a higher level than back in the day,she stopped using the invisible jet when she got her flight 27 years ago,but she has used it sometimes,to carry many people easely,and go into space,so she doesn't need to hold her breath.

if you knew her origin better,you'd knew that her durability is similar to achilles,he was super durable,but his durability had a weak point,his talon,wonder woman's durability is similar,her durability has a weak point against piercing weapons,but she is super durable against everything else(physical attacks,energy attcks,etc).

wonder woman has enough power to fight thor,and she is skillful enough too,she is a very versatil fighter,trained in many types of combat including martial arts.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By evilvegeta74

@gokuwarrior said:

@evilvegeta74: wonder woman's origin changed only 2 times in 72 years,the first time was in the 60s,that's when the blessings from the gods were introduced,the second time was in 2011 with the new rebot for all DC characters,her powers are still the same,just on a higher level than back in the day,she stopped using the invisible jet when she got her flight 27 years ago,but she has used it sometimes,to carry many people easely,and go into space,so she doesn't need to hold her breath.

if you knew her origin better,you'd knew that her durability is similar to achilles,he was super durable,but his durability had a weak point,his talon,wonder woman's durability is similar,her durability has a weak point against piercing weapons,but she is super durable against everything else(physical attacks,energy attcks,etc).

wonder woman has enough power to fight thor,and she is skillful enough too,she is a very versatil fighter,trained in many types of combat including martial arts.

Nah I don't know her origins better, she's not a character I keep up with. I don't doubt she's a skilled figther, it's just that Thor has been fighting for centuries before her mothers mother was born and has limitless training and expierience in combat .WW is tough but at the end of the day she just couldn't measure up to his overall ability.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: i never saw thor fighting skills feats that suggest me that he is way above her as a fighter,and power-wise,wonder woman has the feats to prove she is powerful enough to fight him,but we are going in circles here so we better put an end to this.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By Pokeysteve

@evilvegeta74 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

Nah I don't know her origins better, she's not a character I keep up with. I don't doubt she's a skilled figther, it's just that Thor has been fighting for centuries before her mothers mother was born and has limitless training and expierience in combat .WW is tough but at the end of the day she just couldn't measure up to his overall ability.

Her mother doesn't have a mother. The Amazons of Paradise Island were all created by the gods. As Fifthchild tried to explain to you, time does not equal skill. It's not like Thor has actually been training for hundreds of years. Experience is another matter. Thor is a brawler and always has been. The opening scan you posted is a stamina feat (and an awesome one) and in no way shows any sort of skill.

Wonder Woman has shown combat tactics and strategy. She also has at least 1000 years of combat experience thanks to her thousand years in Valhalla with Superman. Thor has her beat in strength but that's it. Her combat speed plus her skill is much more honed than his.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tensor

@evilvegeta74: For a thor fan you fall short with that feat.Let me school you in thor.If you wanted a thor feat to show his combat skill you would have use the ragnork feat for his combat skills,Not some weak feat.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By evilvegeta74

WW is definately faster and many consider him a spud when it come to strategy, but he has displayed great intelligence and cunning when it come to battle . General Ross/ Red Hulk admitted this in their first encounter stating that Thor's battle skills are legendary and Ross was a decorated General in the US Army. Now if you know Ross, it the greatest of compliments for him to admit anything of such a nature, as much as he hated capes.The statement about WW's mothers, mother, thing was me just saying or pointing out that Thor has lived eons before WW came into the world,I admit that my knowledge of her is lacking ,but when it come to Thor and his feats I'm no slacker in most cases. I've been trying to familiarize myself with her powerset , and haven't yet. I just know some things. That feat you saw with Thor,wasn't just a stamina feat , you do know that he didn't use Mjolnir, and had a sword, that is something that takes skill. 80 days now! I don't think Thor is only stronger than her, and when it comes to skills being honed , his whole life is has been about that, which exceeds WW life,This is why he's known as The Mighty Thor , he earned that. Thor's powerset is very vast as well.Look at this:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I don't know if WW could withstand Thor's power unleashed! Here he's fighting Glory an alien God who is embodiment of entire pantheons consumed.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By evilvegeta74

@tensor said:

@evilvegeta74: For a thor fan you fall short with that feat.Let me school you in thor.If you wanted a thor feat to show his combat skill you would have use the ragnork feat for his combat skills,Not some weak feat.

Which feat? Well if you say so , if you can top it,do so, talk is so cheap! Where do you stand on this topic by the way!

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tensor

@evilvegeta74: Read the ragnork story arc an you shall see.On the topic who is on par with in combat skills its beta ray bill for me.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By Saren

Rikki Barnes.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By evilvegeta74

@tensor said:

@evilvegeta74: Read the ragnork story arc an you shall see.On the topic who is on par with in combat skills its beta ray bill for me.

It's in my closet! Post if you deem it worthy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f03d11f2007f
    deactivated-5f03d11f2007f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thor has a great combat skills..... He beat up loki and fenris who has another versions of mjolnir.... And Thor beat them up with his combat speed

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@arinze: Thor Marvel's ultimate combatant this feat speaks volume.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

So called combatants said to be on Thor's lvl can't even take a crowd .Thor fights armies

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hercules

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.