Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What has happened to Thor fans

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought this board had more people and yet nobody has posted a thing about Thor coming back. I have yet to get one of the books my comic book store seems not willing to put them in my box to buy thus making me wonder if he is truly not up to the task of selling anything Jasson Aaron is involved in because he also did not put aside any Avengers books as well.

Does anybody else have books that your store refuses to purchase?

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there aren't anymore.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a Thor fan, just don't spend much time on the Vine lately. I think that may be the case with most others as well.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a fan of Thor, but not interested in the way he's currently being written. I'll perhaps buy a Thor comic when he loses the dumb ass golden arm and hammer and there's a new writer at the helm.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AND there just hasn't been that much happening lately that motivates fans to discuss anything. Infinity War was 2 1/2 months ago, Jane is no longer Thor (so no bitter, angry hate-posting, lol) and the current run is pretty lackluster by most accounts. I think right now the biggest thing to happen that would jump start discussion is if Jason Aaron were leaving as writer for the Thor comic. Please Jason, if you have any shred of decency left within your cold, shriveled heart, maybe consider writing for more of the Star Wars titles instead.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AbstractRaze

I can understand that Thor's fans ain't anymore that active, they were heavily bombed with fanboyism accusations, but being a bit more accurately, Comicvine's fanboyism decayed a lot from what I experienced during the last 5 months, that's some good signs of maturity and diplomacy overall, at least from the following perspective, Comicvine's quality improved within the subject.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor comics are dead

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's because he's not really back the Thor being written is not the same Thor we're fans of it's just trash writing and not a good story. We just need a new writer and a retcon then everyone will be happy but that's unlikely to happen

Was more active after he was done justice in IW finally but it's died down now.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The Thor comics are not being written to core fans' standards. Aaron has butchered the Thor mythos and watered down its characters to caricatures of how they've been portrayed by past Thor writers. As such, there's a lack of excitement about the character now compared with the God Butcher or JMS era of Thor, let alone the Jurgens or Simonson periods. And with Jane gone there's less desire for bitter hate posting given how tepid the current Thor series is.

Gilneas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gilneas

They lost a fight with attrition, for the last few years Thor has gone through a lot as a character and pretty much none of it has been positive, or at least seen as positive by most Thor fans. From Thor losing his worthiness to a whisper, to losing his arm, to Jane becoming Thor and replacing him, to Thor not really having his own book or doing much as Unworthy Thor, to him finally getting back his worthiness but instead of getting back Mljonir(which is now destroyed) he gained a bunch of easy to break and quick to replace hammers and is still being written by Aaron who left a bad taste with most fans. His new serious is bad, it's being written poorly and inconsistently and it's only just started but probably the worst part is that it just feels boring and crammed with a lot of substance and no style. We are only 3 issues in and we have already seen guest-starring from Juggernaut, Loki, Hela, Jane, Wolverine, Namor and now Thanos... that's always a bad sign for a book when it starts to rely too much on guest-star power, especially when it doesn't feel integral to the plot and is used for no real reason other than "Hey buy my book it might feature other characters you like".

They got a bit invigorated by Thors awesome performance in the Infinity movie, unfortunately the movies don't come out every month like comics do so the hype from it died out quickly after, while the comics can't stop bombarding us with their stupidity.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gilneas said:

They lost a fight with attrition, for the last few years Thor has gone through a lot as a character and pretty much none of it has been positive, or at least seen as positive by most Thor fans. From Thor losing his worthiness to a whisper, to losing his arm, to Jane becoming Thor and replacing him, to Thor not really having his own book or doing much as Unworthy Thor, to him finally getting back his worthiness but instead of getting back Mljonir(which is now destroyed) he gained a bunch of easy to break and quick to replace hammers and is still being written by Aaron who left a bad taste with most fans. His new serious is bad, it's being written poorly and inconsistently and it's only just started but probably the worst part is that it just feels boring and crammed with a lot of substance and no style. We are only 3 issues in and we have already seen guest-starring from Juggernaut, Loki, Hela, Jane, Wolverine, Namor and now Thanos... that's always a bad sign for a book when it starts to rely too much on guest-star power, especially when it doesn't feel integral to the plot and is used for no real reason other than "Hey buy my book it might feature other characters you like".

They got a bit invigorated by Thors awesome performance in the Infinity movie, unfortunately the movies don't come out every month like comics do so the hype from it died out quickly after, while the comics can't stop bombarding us with their stupidity.

this

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a Thor fan, MCU Thor fan to be specific

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is the worst treated character of all time.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor is still number 1 but as of now even when he came back he is still bad. jane foster bad IMO

fans might be tired for the past few years that thor has been on the sh!# hole.

been reading DC lately cause of wally west(orig)

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane Imposthor made me checkout for a min, but the vine had an issue with allowing me to login

BUT NOW IM BACK

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.