Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8011 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & the Phoenix. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of limitless potential. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Unworthy Thor #5 Discussion (Spoilers)

• 135 results
    NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Unworthy Thor #5 Discussion (Spoilers)

How do you guys think Thor is going to fare against Thanos during this issue? I'm wondering if it will even be a good long fight, but seeing as how Thanos isn't at full power, it should be more balanced. I for some reason can picture Thor cleaving his axe into Thanos or the sharp side of the Ultimate hammer.

No Caption Provided

Here are some of the scans shown in the spoilers for this week's issue. It seems Nick Fury is regretting the fact that he made Thor Unworthy, so it's possible we can find out what truly happened this issue!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The preview looks like Thor isn't going to wield the hammer for some reason. Hopefully because he can be worthy without the hammer and not because Jane is the one true Thor.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

The preview looks like Thor isn't going to wield the hammer for some reason. Hopefully because he can be worthy without the hammer and not because Jane is the one true Thor.

That would be a great ending to this.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ThunderingThorFan

Nope. Apparently its because another "new" Thor is coming up. The "WAR THOR." So now theyre apparently just watering down Thor to a series of many individuals.....

Utter BS!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/20/major-spoilers-unworthy-thors-final-issue-5/img_7808-4/#main

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope this ends with him not wanting the hammer because it doesn't make him Thor and being worthy isn't just about the hammer might actually redeem this whole thing if only slightly

Avatar image for genjiunstoppablemiracle
    genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here my theory

look like odinson will not pick up ultimate mjolnir he will unlock his elder god power again and some one else person pick ultimate mjolnir become the all-new ultimate thor not show his face in last picture yet.

that's just my opinion.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThunderingThorFan

Well thats just BS! We don't need any OTHER "Thors"!!!! We want the only TRUE ONE! THAT IS IT!!!!

"Aaron sure loves Thor!" they say. By making him less than unique and completely replaceable! Like one of those specialized IRON MAN armors. "Wussy puppet She-Thor is needed for this task!" "Irrelevant War Thor is needed over there!" WTF???? REALLY???!

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thorthunder98

@thunderingthorfan: ended up clicking on the spoiler such bullshit I thought maybe Aaron might somehow give some sort of redemption but nope. I thought we'd have Thor back for when Ragnarok comes out but clearly not I give up with this shit by the time Aaron is done there's gonna be about ten Thors in the same universe

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this ends with him not wanting the hammer because it doesn't make him Thor and being worthy isn't just about the hammer might actually redeem this whole thing if only slightly

I really hope this is the case.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly! Some idiot on another web forum is always kissing Aaron's ass defending him by saying how much Aaron loves Thor and how he respects him. How he "is deconstrucitng what makes Thor, Thor."

Wtf?!!

You know what makes him "THOR?!"

His goddamn name and gender!!!! Thats what idiots!!! Utter, indefensible, and inexpicable idiocy haunts these so callled "THOR" fans. You're either a fan of Thor Odinson or you're NOT a Thor fan whatsoever! Thanks to this reveal, now more than ever, Jane Foster is NOT any kind of "Thor!"

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Apparently its because another "new" Thor is coming up. The "WAR THOR." So now theyre apparently just watering down Thor to a series of many individuals.....

Utter BS!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/20/major-spoilers-unworthy-thors-final-issue-5/img_7808-4/#main

So basically Marvel is going for the Spider-Man treatment. We're going to have beings with hammers all around earth and the nine realms, except this time, the original won't be a part of it.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder: Pretty much seems like it. Unless THIS is when Thor becomes the conceptually stupid "space-cop." In "Thors" he was never actually a member of the police force.... Either way....stupidity at its best!

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder: Pretty much seems like it. Unless THIS is when Thor becomes the conceptually stupid "space-cop." In "Thors" he was never actually a member of the police force.... Either way....stupidity at its best!

Marvel ruins yet another hero...even more this time.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In modern times, when have they NOT, my friend?!

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thorthunder98

@newworldorder: Here I was hoping for them to have thing sort of back to normal by the time Ragnarok came out shouldn't have expected any better than this after everything that Aaron and marvel has done tbh never ending downhill slope

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anye have Jason's address we can picket outside his house and call him an idiot

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder: Here I was hoping for them to have thing sort of back to normal by the time Ragnarok came out shouldn't have expected any better than this after everything that Aaron and marvel has done tbh never ending downhill slope

Can't expect anything good from Marvel anymore.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Utter BS!

No Caption Provided

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan said:

Utter BS!

No Caption Provided

LMAO

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

^^^

Utter BS!

The All-New Ultimate Thor? Are they changing 616 Thor into 1610 Thor?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:

Can't expect anything good from Marvel anymore.

So after the Unworthy Thor mini the next series will be the All-New Ultimate Thor? So either Thor is getting replaced again or they're turning him into 1610 Thor?

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NewWorldOrder

@uugieboogie: I don't even think It's Thor who picks up the hammer, to be honest. It seems like an entirely different character will get it.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Well that link shows he's apparently going to be a "War Thor" whatever the hell that means but either way I don't think we're getting real Thor back at the end of this because I don't think that's Thor picking up Ult Thor's hammer

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I don't even think It's Thor who picks up the hammer, to be honest. It seems like an entirely different character will get it.

@uugieboogie: Well that link shows he's apparently going to be a "War Thor" whatever the hell that means but either way I don't think we're getting real Thor back at the end of this because I don't think that's Thor picking up Ult Thor's hammer

I hope we at least get Thor Odinson in some type of title. I feel like after this series is up and if he's not the one who picks up 1610 Mjolnir then I'm afraid Thor Odinson will just be in limbo. But he's suppose to be fighting the Phoenix Force with Fos-Thor correct?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Yea tbh marvel is dumb af if they don't put him into an arc for when Ragnarok comes out it's a perfect marketing opportunity for them so if they don't it just shows what a shit show they're running with the comics now

and yeaa I heard that he was meant to be fighting phoenix force so he must still be around but it better not be as a side character in a comic using his name

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NewWorldOrder

@uugieboogie said:
    @newworldorder said:

@thorthunder98 said:

I hope we at least get Thor Odinson in some type of title. I feel like after this series is up and if he's not the one who picks up 1610 Mjolnir then I'm afraid Thor Odinson will just be in limbo. But he's suppose to be fighting the Phoenix Force with Fos-Thor correct?

Yeah, but I rather Thor have no hammer than the Ultimate one, to be honest. I really don't want to see him with it. Also, yeah he's supposed to fight Phoenix, but it should Unworthy Thor.

I honestly just hope they make him feel worthy so he doesn't lose his lightning and such and be powerful without his hammer for the time being.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thorthunder98

@newworldorder: I agree don't really wanna see him wielding that mjolnir

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder: I agree don't really wanna see him wielding that mjolnir

It's kind of like why does he have to give up his prize possession so another character can prosper from him? Really not fair for fans.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder: lol I don't think any of it has really been fair for us but yea if he became worthy again the Jane is no longer needed to wield the real Mjolnir she only picked it up because Thor couldn't so really she should be happy to give it back to him

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By titing2101

guys.. can you explain what is that War THor and that coming soon of All new Ultimate Thor????

after reading the preview " greatest of all the gods" got me excited hahhaha

then this wat thor and ultimate thor spoiler.. dont need new/more thors! one is enough and it is the Odinson!

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! what in the Hel is Aaron doing!? there are not a "bunch of more worthy thor's".

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: It is a SAD AND MADDENING time my friend. If everything goes as we now suspect, Thor will be in comics limbo for the forseeable future.Aaron is gonna drag this along creating a new "whisper" -like event to try and have us read his dreck until we see the event that the REAL THOR is needed for. What stupidity! "Fem Thor." "War Thor." What's next? "Emo Thor?" Oh wait. That was Odinson after he lost the damn hammer! Wtf man!!

How many ages has Thor gone through handling all these events without aid of special versions or categories of "Thors?" This is his great story??? How the f--- does this enhance Thor and explain his alleged way of being?! Is the secret of the whisper now that there was a Thor even before Odin??? And Odin named his son after him???? This reaks of the disaster that was done to Jean Grey when they split what was her rightful power into a "force" allowing all these nobodies to co-opt HER powers! Biggest evidence of this? Aaron has the PHOENIX force in a "Thor" storyline! They are gonna say that the Mother of Storms or some similar nonsense begat the power of Thor. Just you wait. Similar to how the PF enhances and chooses hosts. Thats why all this un-epic SHIAR nonsense has gone about and that idiot Quentin Quire is guest starring as the new "Phoenix" host with the new "Thor" host. I'm gonna destroy someone.......

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like for the Aaron apologists to now explain how this is all an "organic" progression? Hmmm? "Oh this was always the way he was heading! It was foreshadowed!" Ha! What a bunch of dummies you look like now. Its clear he's shoe horning in yet another "Hammerer" to justify keeping Hammerette around. "See! Its not only her! There are others! Now you can support both until Odinson REALLY comes back 5 years from now while he wanders off to discover who he now is!" AGAIN!

The way that little speech in the spoiler went about "knowing other worthier Thors" (and what other such nonsense) i'm betting the new ultimate Thor is a human one. Probably Donald Blake. So he and Jane can be a pair again. Awwwww.

Thank God I didn't buy this s---! I'm rabid enough as it is! I suggest REAL THOR fans boycott everything THOR AND EVERYTHING MARVEL related to his concept. Thora is already beneath Unworthy in physical sales. If Aaron doesn't kill her, lets do it for him! And lets take "War Thor" with her.......

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: I wouldn't get your hopes up I mean it's aaron

I don't even think it's Thor Odinson picking up the hammer probably another Thor because apparently it's just a title now and anyone can be Thor and there can be however many Jason Aaron wants because bullshit

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is "War THOR".

http://www.newsarama.com/images/i/000/193/857/original/THOR2015020_CVR.jpg

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Someone's posted the Whisper spoilers on the Bleeding Cool article. Read the spoiler block at your own discretion.

Thor: “Fury. When he whispered to me. The whisper that left me unworthy. All he said was…Gorr was right.”

Bill: “Gorr? The God Butcher? Gorr the God Butcher was right? Right about what?”

Thor: “About everything. Gods…are vain and vengeful creatures. Always have been. The mortals who've worshiped us for centuries…would all be better off without us. We gods do not deserve their love. No matter how much we fight to fool ourselves. We are ALL unworthy.”

Bill: “You don't truly believe that. You can't.”

Thor: “If I did not…I would still be holding my hammer.”

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that war thor is really awful

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so basically we will be having another thor? so 3 thors now... and i thought he will bring back the original thor.

another disappoinment. really!

Thor can wage war in the nin realms. dont need one more. and hate that design

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: I wouldn't get your hopes up I mean it's aaron

I don't even think it's Thor Odinson picking up the hammer probably another Thor because apparently it's just a title now and anyone can be Thor and there can be however many Jason Aaron wants because bullshit

ya. got really disappointed when i saw that war thor.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Someone's posted the Whisper spoilers on the Bleeding Cool article. Read the spoiler block at your own discretion.

Thor: “Fury. When he whispered to me. The whisper that left me unworthy. All he said was…Gorr was right.”

Bill: “Gorr? The God Butcher? Gorr the God Butcher was right? Right about what?”

Thor: “About everything. Gods…are vain and vengeful creatures. Always have been. The mortals who've worshiped us for centuries…would all be better off without us. We gods do not deserve their love. No matter how much we fight to fool ourselves. We are ALL unworthy.”

LMAO what a load of fucking bullshit Thor thought that himself when he destroyed the godbomb that didn't make him unworthy then why should it now jesus christ the amount of bullshit Aaron pulls out of his ass literally stuns me such bullshit

can't even deal with that shitty explanation for this whole thing

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thorthunder98

Shows they never had the slightest damn clue what the whisper was and obviously just made it up recently when the damn whisper doesn't even fit into the speech bubble from the original whisper

No Caption Provided

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I had a feeling it was going to have something to do with him. I thought it was either that or that Thor was the cause of Jane cancers or something along those lines.

Shows they never had the slightest damn clue what the whisper was and obviously just made it up recently when the damn whisper doesn't even fit into the speech bubble from the original whisper

No Caption Provided

Lmao, that's definitely not what that says. They definitely just put anything and probably spent all this time trying to figure out what they could get away with.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if the SJWarriors that defended Jane will do the same for the new Ultimate Thor if he suddenly replaces her

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people surprised or even still reading? I never understood the concept of "hate buying." Stop spending money on something if you feel you're getting shafted (which I do). I am not surprised that Aaron (and Marvel) have completely saturated the Thor concept. They are all about brands/gimmicks and milking the shit out of them. Hence the multiple Hulks, multiple people wearing Spider outfits, multiple Caps, etc.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I just read online now so I'm not funding them and still know what's going on

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By ASGARDIANBRONY

@thunderingthorfan: you know what I bet Aaron is going to do? I bet he is going to bring back the thor corps and have them all powered by the mother storm. thor wont be the god of thunder, or one of three gods of thunder, but one of hundreds! thor died at the end of the god butcher arc for me, for some it might have been even sooner. lets hope someday in the future the thor we love is resurrected.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what's inherently wrong with this. The concept of "Legacy" characters is stupid and stops creativity. There's no such thing as originality in ANY form when you have a character based on another. There's just the same story with different characters. This is proof of that. The "great" story that everyone defended so much and chided us as "mysogonists" for is nothing but a stupid money grab mandate from SJW appeasing Marvel. Claims of great sales are lies. She's selling less than "Unworthy Thor" is and 40,000 copies is nothing. She started out with almost triple that. Her value as a sales attraction is really overrated.

Avatar image for theriogodofrage
    TherioGodofRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: @newworldorder: I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't want to see Thor pick up the 1610 hammer. I've honestly never liked 1610 Thor or his hammer. I want the proper 616 Thor Odinson, my favorite superhero back in his proper place.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.