Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thorbuster's power explained and analyzed

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I posted this in the Iron Man section already but I felt like this was a half Thor thing to. I also just like Thor, so why not come to come to his section?

Recently I've felt like I can understand Thorbuster. Okay, before I get to the my theory on how powerful Thorbuster is, let me clear up how the suit functions. One user tried to compare it to Rulk and I gave them this response.

First of all Rulk actually drains power whereas Thorbuster only withstands it. The asgardian crystal gives Thorbuster Odinforce equal to King Thor's.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Thor says he shall taste his power but Tony says he had already because the crystal already gives him that power
    Thor says he shall taste his power but Tony says he had already because the crystal already gives him that power
    Thorbuster hurts King Thor before even absorbing anything
    Thorbuster hurts King Thor before even absorbing anything

The user tried to say Thorbuster could siphon energy from that punch but even if that were the case, it would've only had said energy after Thor was hit. Let me give a little example of how Iron Man absorbs energy

Bleeding edge collects energy

Bleeding edge/extremis had the ability to draw energy out like this but from what we know they can only do it to electricity. Thorbuster was actually made a bit before Extremis was even a thing. Iron Man usually only gets his energy when it's thrown at him or specifically pointed out like here

No Caption Provided

Thorbuster in particular only implied he took the energy that got thrown at him. Now that this is out of the way

Claim

Thorbuster is kind of hard to say. It seems to be below King Thor but probably somewhere on high herald tier since it has Odinforce under King Thor's and likely above Mjolnir's based off of Thorbuster's feats and statements. Thor and Iron Destroyer(who should have Odinforce at least on par with Mjolnir's) by comparison will effortlessly lose to Odin. Odin is a good margin weaker than King Thor.

Evidence

There were several statements of Thorbuster's asgardian crystal tapping into the same power/enchantment as Odin/Mjolnir before and during the fight. We even see it parry Mjolnir's blows(with his punches and repulsors) despite them being at least strong enough to dent something as hard as Captain America's shield. I'll explain it a bit more since you seemed to be confused.

Bleeding edge Iron Man had went through Odin's forge to become Iron Destroyer and it has the same enchantment as Mjolnir meaning it has the Odinforce. Normal Thor doesn't have the Odinforce himself but Mjolnir does. Odin had beat them both with ease. From what I remember King Thor did significantly better against Galactus than Odin did so I'd say it's safe to assume King Thor's Odinforce>>Odin's Odinforce>>Mjolnir's Odinforce.

The fact that Thorbuster did better than Iron Destroyer(who was actually made of Uru) means that it had a better enchantment.

What do you guys think? Is it stronger than Thor?

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By lazarus4tempest

While the Thorbuster is cute and all, Iron man's statement comes off to me as dry and has limited amount of substance ...so i'll answer the question that is important

What do you guys think? Is it stronger than Thor?

My answer is no ..

THOR BEATING IRON MAN DOWN , AN OBVIOUSLY TANKING THE ARMOR'S BLAST, BEFORE SUMMONING THE HAMMER (THIS IS THE SAME SUIT HE SO CLAIMED HAS POWER EQUAL TO THAT OF MJOLNIR)
    THOR BEATING IRON MAN DOWN , AN OBVIOUSLY TANKING THE ARMOR'S BLAST, BEFORE SUMMONING THE HAMMER (THIS IS THE SAME SUIT HE SO CLAIMED HAS POWER EQUAL TO THAT OF MJOLNIR)
    AGAIN THE THUNDER SHOWING UP THIS ARMOR'S INFERIORITY , BY PUSHING HIS HAND THROUGH THE IT  WITH RELATIVE EASE
    AGAIN THE THUNDER SHOWING UP THIS ARMOR'S INFERIORITY , BY PUSHING HIS HAND THROUGH THE IT WITH RELATIVE EASE
    TOTALLY DECIMATING THE ARMOR , RIPS OFF THE HAND AND AND OVERWHELMING HIM WITH HIS LIGHTING
    TOTALLY DECIMATING THE ARMOR , RIPS OFF THE HAND AND AND OVERWHELMING HIM WITH HIS LIGHTING
    EVEN CAPTAIN  KNEW TONY STOOD NO CHANGE AND WAS PLEADING TO THOR TO END HIS ONSLAUGHT....THOR DISPOSING OF THE SUIT LIKE THE TRASH IT IS
    EVEN CAPTAIN KNEW TONY STOOD NO CHANGE AND WAS PLEADING TO THOR TO END HIS ONSLAUGHT....THOR DISPOSING OF THE SUIT LIKE THE TRASH IT IS
    WITH THE SUIT
    WITH THE SUIT "DESTROYED" IRON -MAN FOOLISHLY TRIES AGAIN ...CAPTAIN STOPS HIM FROM GETTING ANOTHER BEAT DOWN

CONCLUSION

If this armor had the ability to take Thor , it wouldn't have been destroyed by the person it was intended to defeat..And another small detail that we need to look at , if it was stronger why Iron man saw the need to team up with Captain America?

Hope this answers your question @lilbroomstick

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Well, it's obviously not stronger than King Thor but is regular Post Ragnarok Thor stronger than King Thor?

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I think most people would choose KT due to his feats....but for me i still think regular post ragnarok Thor is stronger..

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: That's interesting, to me King Thor was more powerful than what Post Ragnarok displayed when he had the Odinforce let alone at his regular power. Any reason for Post Ragnarok Thor being stronger to you?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thorbuster?... bs

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: you know what king thor is way more powerful, i don't know what I was thinking

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@lazarus4tempest said:

@lilbroomstick: you know what king thor is way more powerful, i don't know what I was thinking

Maybe it's because of Post-Ragnarok Thor's cooler design? lol The point was that Thorbuster was amped by the asgardian crystal enough to give King Thor a good fight which puts him pretty high up there considering how he accidentally broke Cap's shield, easily reacts to speedsters while weakened, and casually fodderized the other heroes again while weakened.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: the design had me being emotional in my judgment.. Lol king thor did fodderized the other heroes... Savage

CHNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Didn't king Thor kill Wolverine and Hulk when they had ambushed him in Jurgen's run? And the Thing? My memory hazy on that.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't king Thor kill Wolverine and Hulk when they had ambushed him in Jurgen's run? And the Thing? My memory hazy on that.

You are correct he beats the living crap out their a#$

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.