Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor strenght level

• 102 results
    deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deathlife

I think the 100 tons measurement range is ok. DC don't have a strength range basically to avoid controversy.

Personally, i prefer characters that have some form of definition regarding their strength level (it generally makes for less WIS).

The hand books say that Thor can lift over 100 tons, meaning that he could lift any between 100 tons and anything the writers want to add.

However, we have seen Thor lift and move things that weigh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy above 100 tons (Midgard Serpent, Fafnir, Asgard with BRB e.t.c).

The hand books simply say that Thor's strength level is incalculable and that's very alright.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By karrob
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    " according to stan lee and a recent official marvel statemeant he is stronger than the hulk but he lifted the world serpeant which sould be which should be over a 14 digit figure without warriors madness and as it is worded on some sites "Thor is capable of effortlessly lifting far in excess of 100tons" "
    Yep!
    odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By odinforce
    thor is well over a 100 ton guy, marvel just uses the "100 ton term" if the character is "class 100" in strength, meaning that they can at least lift 100 tons 

thor was able to lift the midgard serpent off of earth (the midgard serpent was an enormous serpent that wrapped itself around the earth, it weighs well over a measly 100 tons) 

i think thor was even able to lift the ygdrasil tree which is the tree that holds the nine marvel worlds together and it is well over the size of earth  

another way i'd like to explain thor's strength is through beta ray bill 
    beta ray bill is roughly equal to thor 

and beta ray bill casually destroys planets, now since thor's more powerful than brb, imagine what he could do
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @Valtot said:
    "@brantumbo: dont forget they used the hammers to amp there strength "

that isn't one of the Hammers powers so no they didn't. Nice try though.
    WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WarBlade539

@The_Martian: Thor is way stronger than 100 tonnes. He has lifted weights far in excess of 1 million tonnes. He has overpowered beings like The Silver Surfer, Namor (it was raining!), Gladiator, Sentry, Hulk, Red Hulk and even overpowered cosmic entities and destroyed stars, moons, planets only with his fists. He put a hurt on Galactus more than once.

The Silver Surfer defeated cosmic entities, abstracts in battle and he was beaten by Thor in the past.

According to Marvel Database, "Despite the fact that he always restrains and holds back his vast strength against mortals, he has been capable of stalemating an enraged Hulk in strength (despite the fact that the Hulk was constantly increasing in strength every moment) for hours without tiring at all and while restraining himself as always, and knocking out the Hulk How much strength Thor truly holds back against mortals is made clear, as he was capable of knocking out Namor with a single blow (despite Namor being fully hydrated and it was raining), easily defeating Bi-Beast (whose strength is said to equal the Hulk's), easily overpower the Red Hulk (who killed the Abomination, overpowered the Hulk, punched and injuring Uatu, killed the Grandmaster and was able to absorb the Power Cosmic), nearly rendering the Juggernaut unconscious in under a minute after negating his mystical defenses, and defeated both The Thing and an enraged Hulk at once in unarmed combat using only his vast physical strength."

pjcooper1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By pjcooper1986

@LstPaladin: he can lift over 230 tons he lifted the midgard serpent that coiled around the earth while squeezing it thats in the tens of thousands of tons possibly millions of tons

pjcooper1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pjcooper1986

@BlackestShite: he went toe to toe with almost every incarnation of the hulk and killed sentry when he was possesed...

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By thestarguy

@PowerHerc said:

Thor is definitely able to lift far over 100 tons, but he's not as strong as Hercules or a very enraged Hulk.

He's still stronger than Sentry, Silver Surfer, Hyperion, Blue Marvel and Gladiator.

This +1

Of course, without the belt. With the belt he is arguably the strongest in comics.

crom1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By crom1981

The 100+ class or in Powercrid 7 .Says that their Power(all in this class)At least 100t - unmesurable. This is Stated so by Marvel to give the Writers the oportunity to give these heroes the Strength they need in a Storyline.So the limit to those Guys depends on the Writers behold.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By yahweh

@The Mighty Thor said:

i think its 100 tons am i right?

Way way way way above that.

Don't know why marvel uses that, it's completely useless due to the fact that all of its powerhouses have shown consistent strength feats that put their strength several hundred, if not thousand, magnitudes higher.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By samuel_larson_10

Thor is always holding back, he can lift well over a million tons, and that is not even close to his true strength. Plus he can destroy planets with his bare fists (which would suggest he could lift billions of tons)

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sommyt

@MrDirector786: yes he is

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can now lift over 1 million tons

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can now lift over 1 million tons

With ease it is said.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's right up there with Hulk, Wonder Man, Blue Marvel, etc.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone post a scan of Thor: GoT #9 where thor casually holds a planet together and stops it from being destroyed? That seems like it should be on here. I don't have the issue yet or else I would.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Thor has been showed to at least been able to lift 6.580 sextillion tons (weight of the Midgard Serpent).

He also pushed the world engine (stated to be of incalculable weight)

If we consider that he can boost his strength with his belt and with warrior madness...

Thor is freaking strong

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor can lift way over 100 tons, plus the belt he wears doubles his strength and he can go into warriors madness which gives him 10x his normal strength

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By cameron83

@perethorn said:

Thor has been showed to at least been able to lift 6.580 sextillion tons (weight of the Midgard Serpent).

He also pushed the world engine (stated to be of incalculable weight)

If we consider that he can boost his strength with his belt and with warrior madness...

Thor is freaking strong

Where is the weight of the midgard serpent and World engine stated?

That would help a lot,and thanks in advance whether you (or anyone else) answers or not.

Also,what are his feats from Thor:GOT in terms of strength?

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Thurdazz1313

Remember Guys ,The 100 ton Thing ,started at the Beginning of Marvel, Even in some of Thor's earliest books Thor & the Hulk are shown exceeding that Benchmark, Because That's what it is a measuring stick, early Hyperion was listed at 90 ton, early Hulk started at 85 tons but enraged surpassed 100 ton, Later Because of the term "Ton" it was changed to "Class" & now we Have the category system 1 through 7 ( I Don't personally like the category system), But these as stated by others are rough guidelines for fans & writers

I can't remember the exact issue ,But in classic Thor I believe The Midgard Serpents is stated as weighing 1/3 the weight of midgard, the World Engine exact weight is not listed A more impressive feat is Thor stood up & fought against The weight of a Neutron Star, which increases Gravity By Billions of times Thor would weigh 660 billion pounds , Which is hundreds of Millions of Tons , He also did the same thing in the Heart of Earth's Sun another Super Heavy Gravity environment, Not just a lift/push, But Moving & fighting at normal speed. In Thor , GOT, All three Thor's (from Different Era's) Battle inside of a Sun, Young Thor Knock's Gorr, an Unspecified Planetary Distance, In this Scan Thor Hits Gorr so Hard The effects crack a near by populated Moon .Thor( Modern) Physically holds The cracking Moon Together & uses His Lightning & Earth Control to fix It

No Caption Provided

No Belt of Strength or Warriors Madness (which they should 've used in this story) Just Thor showing consistent strength feats that far exceed the 100,200, even 1000's of ton range in strength. Thor's(unrestrained) Base line Strength rivals That of any Big Hitter from any comic Line easily a match for Superman, SHAZAM, Supreme, Majestic, etc.in Warriors madness w/ The belt of Strength, Thor could surpass most of them except maybe Kingdom Come Superman, & Super Boy Prime But would then be on their level

On a side note, Mjolnir, The other Hammers, do amplify Thor's ,Beta Ray's, ect. Powers & They can draw power from them to rejuvenate themselves as Thor has done in the past. But in comics this is usually shown by Thor or the other Hammer wielders calling on the Power of Their specific Hammer. Read that question on this site

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Spiderman1997

Bump. I remember something like closing a dimensional rift with his fist. I think that alone puts him way above Superman,Wonder Woman etc. Not Hulk maybe cause I posted a scan in some other thread showing him punching space and time. I can post it now if anybody wants.

Thorgoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Thorgoki

Its been stated by Stan Lee and Marvel more than once that Thor is the strongest, stronger even the an insanely enraged Hulk. Just accept that Thor is the strongest.

On another note, I'd really hate to see how strong he was with the Odinforce. /shudder

Edit: His strength is incalculable.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorgoki said:

Its been stated by Stan Lee and Marvel more than once that Thor is the strongest, stronger even the an insanely enraged Hulk. Just accept that Thor is the strongest.

On another note, I'd really hate to see how strong he was with the Odinforce. /shudder

Thor is not the strongest and a lot of the things have changed since Stan Lee's time and even Stan Lee himself has admitted that Hulk can get angry enough to reach Thor in power. When it comes to pure physical strength Hulk is stronger and there are feats to back it up.

His strength is not incalculable there is a difference between strength that is not calculated and strength that is incalculable. Hulk's strength for instance is incalculable as is stated many times in the comics.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@raynorj said:

@thorgoki said:

Thor is not the strongest and a lot of the things have changed since Stan Lee's time and even Stan Lee himself has admitted that Hulk can get angry enough to reach Thor in power. When it comes to pure physical strength Hulk is stronger and there are feats to back it up.

His strength is not incalculable there is a difference between strength that is not calculated and strength that is incalculable. Hulk's strength for instance is incalculable as is stated many times in the comics.

^ lol, trolls

Where has it ever been stated that his strength is calculable, it just hasn't been?

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RaynorJ

@raynorj said:

@thorgoki said:

^ lol, trolls

Where has it ever been stated that his strength is calculable, it just hasn't been?

LOL the hypocrisy, getting called a troll by the guy that is widely considered a troll on these forums.

Where was his strength ever said to be incalculable? Do you even understand the meaning of it? Hulks strength is incalculable because it always fluctuates with his anger so no one can put an exact number on it, Thor's doesn't. Sure he could get stronger with Warrior madness(which is an illness) or just pure adrenaline rush or many other power ups and gadgets he get's but i am talking about regular Thor and he would have a limit to his strength that is calculable.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: Lol, I'm pretty sure you have to post much much more than I do to even be regarded as a troll, much less WIDELY regarded as a troll. Just because it might not have been stated multiple times in comics that it is incalculable, doesn't mean it can be calculated. Something not stated =/= something not true. 100 class strength is reserved for those whose upper limits are so high that they can't be measured. I'm not arguing whose stronger, just the fact Thor and many other characters have incalculable strength due to the sheer amount they could possibly lift. It is PIS strength.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodofthunder: You don't really since you managed just fine with what you got. I don't work with your personal beliefs, it hasn't been stated therefore it isn't until proven otherwise. 100 class is not reserved for those it's reserved for those that exceed 100 class and thats it(until you get to above Sky father-Celestial levels where entities can increase their strength to unmeasurable levels). And don't bring in PIS strength into this, just because different writers have different ideas on how strong Thor is does not mean his strength is incalculable. Those are writers flaws and freedoms and are not a trait of the character itself like with the Hulk.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

fero01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets beaten every week look at uncanny avengers last sentry fight pofffff!!!!

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is stronger and definitely over 100 tonner but he is still below Hercules and the Savage Hulk.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has planetary streangth

this is all the proof we need

No Caption Provided

and has tied or even sometimes beaten herc before and has the majority of wins over hulk who has beaten hercules and hercules has done this

No Caption Provided

A myth? i think not! and superman,Wounder woman, and martian manhunter all 3 of you can suck it! it took all 3 of you to move the earth and look at what these guys are going for!

Funny thing u mention cause it needs Superman and MM to send Thor flying back with their max strength

No Caption Provided

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jigen879

Maybe maximum planetarium, he not up the snake but is followed with a bait

However in brb he don't destryo a Planet but a asteroid

MacDonald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel power grid States anybody with 7 on the grid of strength is 100+ tons so basically Thor is as strong as the plot needs him to be.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thor can lift 105 sextillion tons, that is the weight of the midgard serpent, though it could be much more.

Midgard Serpent feat has been debunked time and time again.

Anyhow, his strength is around Half the Planet Earth, as, when wrestling with Herc their combined force was enough to throw Earth out of orbit.

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it depends if he has warriors madness or belt of strength

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: what do you mean de-bunked? it happened and it hasn't been ret-conned.

uhm. i didnt say retconned. I said DEBUNKE. As in, someone actually read the issue, and the snake was not as big when Thor lifted it.

Now , to begin with , the Serpent didn't encoil Earth in normal space , it went into the Void(notice its size in Asgard-space , nowhere near continent , country or even city wide) :

No Caption Provided

Again , here the Serpent is mentioned to be in its ethereal form , in the regular Earth-Space :

No Caption Provided

That's why , as Thor mentions here , he'll have to venture to Asgard to deal with the Serpent there , as it was crushing Earth in normal space :

No Caption Provided

Once there , Thor coerces Hamir the Giant to help him travel by the former's ship to the Void between Earth and Asgard and uses the Hamir's Bull as a bait to fish out the Serpent :

Now that all concerned parties are in the Void , its made (painfully so for the Thorbags) clear that the Serpent is nowhere near continent sized(let alone of planetary proportions) . In fact its of normal monstrous proportions relative to even Thor himself :

In fact it is essentially stated by the narrative here that in the Void , space and time don't operate normally :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757859-voidsspacetimeunnatural.png

Within the context of Thor # 327(in which the above discussed feat takes place) , the Void(like the differently scaled New Gods Dimension that I showed as an analogical reference point in the beginning of my post) between Asgard-space and Earth-space doesn't follow the normal rules of space-time . Hence why despite being big enough to wrap up the whole planet within its coils while in the Void , the Midgard Serpent was still relatively small enough for Thor to use a mouth-fitting bull to fish it off from Earth . This is why the Serpent is , in proportion to Thor , roughly as big as what a Pleistocene era sea monster would be in comparison to a normal man .

To sum up : this feat is far less than what its been made out to be for so many years on the Comicvine Battle Forums . Its not even close to planetary-level strength .

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is stronger

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he already lifted 20 planets with one hand so that Serpent feat, debunked or not, shouldn't be taken to gauge his strength at all.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: That is a character statement that comes from Thor. He would have no idea how heavy a score of planets would be/ Btw, that entire video is a Thor wankfest with really poor actual knowledge and respect thread bullshit

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Oh yea, and, i forgot to mention, since you clearly didn't actually read the issue, Thor didn't break get out of the energy field through strength. He used a godblast from Mjolnir on his attacker to free himself.

Eazy154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Eazy154

@thor_s_hammmer: what fight was you watching, he only said after being hit with the hammer. Without Thor isn't half as tough in a fight.

Eazy154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic vine strenght levels has it right . 100 125 200 500 tons strength levels.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Cognitive

Planetary~Multi-planetary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.